The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Metal Hall of Fame

+5
Kerrick
sentient 6
d@v!d
metaldude
deathisgain
9 posters

Go down

Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Empty Heavy Metal Hall of Fame

Post by deathisgain Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rock-roll-hall-fame-snubs-heavy-metal-article-1.2047726

After reading this article, I have to ask, "Is there a Heavy Metal Hall of Fame?" That would be cool to see. But I wonder if every one would still end up arguing about who belonged.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Empty Re: Heavy Metal Hall of Fame

Post by metaldude Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:59 pm

It would be fun to argue discuss this. I think most would agree the list starts with Black Sabbath. Everything else is debatable.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:53 am

Yeah, the biggest issues I would see, is earlier bands (Led Zeppelin?) and maybe the newer bands that a lot of metal heads don't like. Or some of the heavier grunge bands.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:36 am

Would Andy Rehfeldt fit in somehow?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:24 pm

d@v!d wrote:Would Andy Rehfeldt fit in somehow?

Special category
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:47 pm

The mere fact that Green Day got in before bands like Deep Purple ( and many more ) show that the RnR HoF is a completely irrelevant entity for rock fans.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:49 pm

metaldude wrote:It would be fun to argue discuss this. I think most would agree the list starts with Black Sabbath. Everything else is debatable.

Yes, first Black Sabbath of course. But metal as we know it today would not exist without Judas Priest as well.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Yes, first Black Sabbath of course. But metal as we know it today would not exist without Judas Priest as well.

I agree...sabbath played a music they enjoyed but they weren't really trying to be metal..Judas Priest is metal..they support it and write it and perform it and they do it on purpose...They are the metal kings...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

I agree...sabbath played a music they enjoyed but they weren't really trying to be metal..Judas Priest is metal..they support it and write it and perform it and they do it on purpose...They are the metal kings...

All this time I thought they were the metal gods...  Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Good point wise one Kerrick..just shows you dont have to be old to be wise...

...They are Delivering the Goods..they are the Turbo Lover..they will Rock Forever because they are hellbent for leather...They are Screaming for Vengeance while they Rock you all around the world...They ride the  desert plains Hot Rockin....They are metal gods fueling our Wild Nights, Hot Crazy Days... They ride wheels of fire and lead the march of the damned..they are the redeemer of souls and the Defenders of the faith...They are Rocka Rolla cowboys who ride the sad wings of destiny as they lead the green manalishi with the two pronged crown...they are our heavy metal Evening Star..They bring us metal and they are the painkiller..They are heavy Metal ..they Are Judas Priest....

cheers  Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:10 am

sentient 6 wrote:The mere fact that Green Day got in before bands like Deep Purple ( and many more ) show that the RnR HoF is a completely irrelevant entity for rock fans.
RnR HoF lost all credibility years ago with me. Same with the Oscars, Miss American pageant, etc.
I've learned to calm myself and realize the elected (and self appointed) people that make these decisions do not represent me.

I'm all for a metal HOF. As long as it is run by metalheads. Until it is an official entity, it will remain virtual in my metal head.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:33 am

oldschooldoom wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:The mere fact that Green Day got in before bands like Deep Purple ( and many more ) show that the RnR HoF is a completely irrelevant entity for rock fans.
RnR HoF lost all credibility years ago with me. Same with the Oscars, Miss American pageant, etc.
I've learned to calm myself and realize the elected (and self appointed) people that make these decisions do not represent me.

I'm all for a metal HOF. As long as it is run by metalheads. Until it is an official entity, it will remain virtual in my metal head.

Reading this reminded me of Jethro Tull winning a Grammy for metal. Yet another bogus award.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Jethro Tull is amazing but should have gotten a grammy in 1972 not '89. Then Metallica finally got it when they didn't deserve it either. I really could care less though. Mainstream media will never get the facts right about which music deserves recognition. About the "heavy metal hall of fame," I doubt many would disagree with Sabbath, Priest, and Maiden. After that you'd have the darn subgenres and you'd probably have to clarify the picks are classics of their subgenre. I think it's best this way, though. Let the music do the talking and not some silly committee!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:31 am

I think if you were to do an actual Heavy Metal Hall Of Fame, you'd have to set up some criteria for inductees.

How long was the band together?  KISS would definitely go in before some one hit wonder band just because of the length of their career.

How did they influence the whole movement?  A lot of the early bands like Judas Priest, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, etc. would be initially inducted as founders of the whole movment.

How well known were they?  Some obscure metalcore band might be recognized today, but some of the older bands were HUGE with multi platinum sales and/or sold out tours.  Dio never had a big hit on the radio but could pack stadiums.  Iron Maiden definitely could fill an arena even though they weren't radio friendly either.  But, Poison and Motley Crue could also go in on the basis of big sales due to both radio and MTV.

Also, I wouldn't induct anyone who existed after a certain point to start with.  1990 was when metal died as far as the mainstream went.  That would be 24 years.  We could stretch it to 25 just for giggles.  Now, only acts that were out before 1989 would qualify.  That cuts down on most of the more extreme styles.

Now, if you were really going to do this and make it a museum that people would want to see, you could still have areas focusing on the different genres of metal and still recognize some of the sub-genres that have come about since 1990 without actually inducting them and showing how they were relevant in the metal realm.  You could even have a small arena built and have smaller tours come through so that bands would have a controlled place to shoot a live video.  You could definitely have stations set up in the gift shop where people could buy band merch, CDs, and maybe even an MP3 station or two.

I wish I had the money to start this.  I'd hire Ultmetal as one of our experts.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I think if you were to do an actual Heavy Metal Hall Of Fame, you'd have to set up some criteria for inductees.

How long was the band together?  KISS would definitely go in before some one hit wonder band just because of the length of their career.

How did they influence the whole movement?  A lot of the early bands like Judas Priest, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, etc. would be initially inducted as founders of the whole movment.

How well known were they?  Some obscure metalcore band might be recognized today, but some of the older bands were HUGE with multi platinum sales and/or sold out tours.  Dio never had a big hit on the radio but could pack stadiums.  Iron Maiden definitely could fill an arena even though they weren't radio friendly either.  But, Poison and Motley Crue could also go in on the basis of big sales due to both radio and MTV.

Also, I wouldn't induct anyone who existed after a certain point to start with.  1990 was when metal died as far as the mainstream went.  That would be 24 years.  We could stretch it to 25 just for giggles.  Now, only acts that were out before 1989 would qualify.  That cuts down on most of the more extreme styles.
 Overkill is a prime example of a long running band that continually puts out album after album and still has two of the founding members in the band. They formed in 1980 and are still kicking and screaming.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down