The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disrespect

+9
Candlemass
messiaen77
Staybrite
d@v!d
KaramKaram
Driven
Kerrick
Hardcore Christian
XenonLion
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disrespect  - Page 2 Empty Re: Disrespect

Post by metaldude Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:true lemonMouse and thats why the questions are being asked..what subjects can we talk about and what subjects are we to avoid and the question I keep asking over and over ..the thing that spurs more argument and disrespect than anything.. 'Is sarcasm acceptable on the board"?

I think sarcasm is ok, but does everyone know it's sarcasm?  That's the problem with communication of this kind. You can't hear tone of voice or see facial expressions to decifer intent. I won't ever attack anyone here, but you may not know that about me, so I'll stick some silly smiley on it to help show I'm just playing around and hopefully no one is offended. The obvious exception, of course,  is Kerrick.  He gets this...Angry Slap
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Sarcasm in general is not a problem.

It's how some people use sarcasm that becomes the problem.
There are some folks that just won't let up with their sarcasm. Whenever their sarcasm is questioned, they reply with more sarcasm....and more sarcasm.
I think there is a big difference between casually using sarcasm and just being an...
Disrespect  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiTosB1C9kYPBm_CmyCnKobX6VJT5njYx194aFgLV2RjRa5GSP

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
In fact I remember an exodus of people that left because of disagreement(s).
No board can exist without disagreements (disagreements are always personal on some level..thats why the disagreement exist)...if someone leaves over one of those disagreements then thats not the boards fault nor is it the fault of the person they disagree with....

exo keeps bringing up the closing of the sandbox...I think this issue has moved way past the closing of the sandbox...its all over this forum.. people here are walking on glass wondering what is acceptable..can we question a bands lyrics in the "Christian" music section..can we post about modern current events like gay marriage, racial issues, the congress..take the "Be ye thankful" thread that exo closed..it was not becoming heated, it was not becoming a theological study, it was merely a discussion of American church history and the connection to thanksgiving..yet it was shut down...why?

exo wrote:we a HOPING to foster a better environment around this place
I understand this but let me ask 'how is that working out"..do we have any new members? Has anyone left this board completely or quit posting.. when threads like this one come up it really shows me where this board is at...with all due respect and in the kindest way possible I still see only a handful of people posting here, no new members, several old members no longer posting because everything they say is eventually shut down...maybe one of you mods (exo) needs to explain in detail exactly what is acceptable and what isn't..what can we talk about and what can't we talk about..Is sarcasm acceptable here or not? do we want a board where grown adult can just be themselves or do we want a kiddie board?

The point I was making, was that the old board wasn't much better than the new one. People still left. The point you seem to be making through your actions, is why people leave ... you won't let things go. Wink
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:47 pm

metaldude wrote:The obvious exception, of course,  is Kerrick.  He gets this...Angry Slap

Thank you sir, may I have another!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:54 pm

[Post deleted]

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:22 pm

[Post deleted]

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Now, before this goes ANY further and descends into "SA and C-Mass bickering with exo over things they don't like", yup, I'm......you guessed it.......locking things up here.

I would like to direct things to something Kerrick just posted instead of continuing down this course.

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t7229-a-plea

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Alright, I deleted the posts Exo is referring to by all members involved.  This is what I'm talking about guys.  Everyone made valid points but it was (IMO) done in such a way that's only going to put each other on the defensive, and I've rarely seen any good come from that.

Please go to the thread he linked in the above post for any future discussion.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum