The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUSH

+16
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
Parched Earth
Soldier777
Highway Star
Temple of Blood
uncleBob
johnnycanuck
Driven
stepcousin
Xid
Professor_Valconian
d@v!d
MikeInFla
metaldude
xMetalMarkx
Friday13th
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RUSH - Page 2 Empty Re: RUSH

Post by MikeInFla Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 am

Parched Earth wrote:I own all their studio albums.  Counterparts was my first Rush album, and still one I enjoy a lot.  Though, I would say Permanent Waves is probably my favorite.  I appreciate pretty much everything in their catalog, though some of the late 80s synthy albums are probably my least favorite.

Yep, PW is my favorite too. A great album. Geddy was on The Metal Show last week and it was awesome. I thought it was cool that Geddy ranks PW as his second favorite Rush album. I had always heard they were not that happy with Caress Of Steel but over the past 5 years or so I havae found this to be a very good album.

2112 will be released in a couple of weeks on vinyl and there is a hologram on the vinyl. Check this out, this is very cool:

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:02 am

Just heard Subdivisions driving home.  This is rare.  Usually Tom Sawyer or Spirit of Radio own the airwaves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:Just heard Subdivisions driving home.  This is rare.  Usually Tom Sawyer or Spirit of Radio own the airwaves.

On one rock station I listened to at work this summer, I only ever heard two Rush songs… Subdivisions and In The Mood.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Talk about bookending the catalog!!  Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Moving Pictures and Signals are my favorites, but really all of their albums are good in one way or another.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalGospel Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:00 am

Caress of Steel, A Farewell to Kings, and Permanent Waves were my top favorites from them.

Awesome CDs.

I thoroughly enjoyed everything from RUSH self-titled CD through Signals CD from them.

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:02 pm

been listening to alot of old rush lately...I think I have every album now on cd and about half their catalog on vinyl...Just love this band..

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:58 pm

I have not got too deeply into Rush...heard a little here a little there etc. the vocals remind me a little of that band Placebo...which I cant stand. However I should check them out a bit further as I believe Ty tabor from Kings'x mentioned the guitarist and has some influence from him.....more with how he plays a drone note that compliments a chord progression or chords with in a mode using the "Colour note" I thought that was quite cool and something he got off rush guitarist whose name I can't remember. Cheers
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:20 am

Love Rush! Been a fan of many many years!

My favorite album is by far "Moving Pictures"!

The rest are great too though! I like them all!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:30 am

Check this band out, with Rush not touring anymore, this is the next best thing. It was because of this video I went and bought "Hemispheres" on vinyl. For some reason that is one I never owned so I went and got it the same week I saw this. What an excellent album, to me it was like having a brand new Rush album because I had never heard it. And of all my records, it is probably the best sounding master I have heard on a reissue.

But check these guys out. I sent the link to my brother and I said the guy "sounds like a young Geddy". My brother's reply after watching was "He sure does, but he LOOKS like and EVEN OLDER Geddy". haha

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Lotus Land plays in my area every now and then.  I've seen them several times and they've always hit a home run, which is really something considering the difficulty of the music.  They usually play a 2-hour set with all sorts of cool stuff mixed in that Rush hasn't done live for years.  Don't pass up the chance to see them if they ever play near you!
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 pm

xMetalMarkx wrote:Lotus Land plays in my area every now and then.  I've seen them several times and they've always hit a home run, which is really something considering the difficulty of the music.  They usually play a 2-hour set with all sorts of cool stuff mixed in that Rush hasn't done live for years.  Don't pass up the chance to see them if they ever play near you!
Cool!!!! They will be on AXStv for the Greatest Tribute Band show!! Too bad I do not have AXStv anymore! Don't know what happened it just disappeared on day. Crap, would love to see them on there. 

RUSH - Page 2 Katie_daryl_banner_home
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:46 pm

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:20 am

I too was introduced to Rush by my older brother. Used to sneak into his room and take his cassette of "Exit stage left" to school with me. When we went to the library I would listen to Rush instead of books on tape!

Seen them live three times: Presto tour, Roll the bones tour and Time Machine tour.

Rush forever!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Wow, Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are bald?  Rush Un-Wigged should be their next album (kinda like Kiss Unmasked).
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2