The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have anti-christians/controversial bands in your discography?

+12
Gandalf the White
CMB
elManique
Zymologist
Hardcore Christian
Follower of Jesus
WildWorld
My Awesome Timothy
d@v!d
MegaNorm64
metaldude
Kerrick
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you have anti-christians/controversial bands in your discography? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have anti-christians/controversial bands in your discography?

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:
metaldude wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:
metaldude wrote:I've never noticed language from either of those bands.
Not to proive a point but just telling you Razz
The Showdown:
Fanatics And Wh**es

Maylene
has said d**n in a few songs off of there first album

and both say Hell a lot a lot but the place usually Very Happy

That would explain it. My first Maylene album was II. I've never heard the first album. The Showdown reference, while I realize language is subjective, seems like nothing, to me.
Thanks, bro.

Umm... the word "whore" is in the Bible so I don't think it's all that offensive...
Well so is another word for a Donkey What a Face
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Do you have anti-christians/controversial bands in your discography? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have anti-christians/controversial bands in your discography?

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:51 pm

metaldude wrote:
metaldude wrote:I've never noticed language from either of those bands.
Not to proive a point but just telling you Razz
The Showdown:
Fanatics And Wh**es

Maylene
has said d**n in a few songs off of there first album

and both say Hell a lot a lot but the place usually Very Happy

That would explain it. My first Maylene album was II. I've never heard the first album. The Showdown reference, while I realize language is subjective, seems like nothing, to me.
Thanks, bro.
and YOU
need to check out I by Maylene its there best IMO nothing rivals it
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:54 pm

not to derail

oh wait just did Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 pm

^^ This better be good. I'm interrupting Afterimage and Living Sacrifice for this.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:13 pm

metaldude wrote:^^ This better be good. I'm interrupting Afterimage and Living Sacrifice for this.
How is it??????????????? Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 pm

metaldude wrote:^^ This better be good. I'm interrupting Afterimage and Living Sacrifice for this.
How is it??????????????? Very Happy

It's pretty good. Living Sacrifice us better.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:15 pm

I did download the album by Shane Speal & the Snake Oil Band.  Shane is a fellow cigar box guitar builder and player.  His band takes a folk, blues, alternative mix and makes it into a circus of fun.  The lyrics are too much for me, but his playing is different.  I am trying to listen to more of the music to get ideas and help me get better at playing a non-traditional guitar.  The one I built has only 3 strings.  The new one I am working on will only have 4.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Believer12 Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:25 pm

I own quite a bit of I guess secular music. Is that the term these days? It personally does not bother me to own a Danger Danger album alongside Stryper. My collection is probably about 50 50 when it comes to what I own most. As far as lyrics that rip into Christianity I call it the skip button. There are a couple of bands I probably shouldnt listen too but I do because I love the music but im very particular about what songs I do put in my ears. I am a big fan of Cradle Of Filth and I have no issues of listening to Funeral In Carpathia I love that song but then I have issues with there song From The Cradle To Enslave and some others so i dont listen. Its really subjective though when it comes to this issue. Its different for each person and what there personal convictions are
Believer12
Believer12
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Rush… some of their later lyrics are rather humanistic… at least I don't think I'm missing out on the music for stuff after HYF (relative to their old stuff, it's boring).
The Police… lot of sexual stuff, tend to avoid those songs.
Black Sabbath… only have MoR, tend to only spin After Forever, Children Of The Grave, Lord Of This World, and Into The Void.

I tend to be very careful about what I listen to, because I don't want to be singing songs that… well….
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:40 pm

Oh yeah, i also have some compilation albums that have these type of bands (Ancient, Immolation, Bad Religion) and of course, i usually skip those songs when listening to the compilation.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Metallica: Kall 'em Ill (hip hop remix.)
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:35 am

I judge my music like I judge my movies. If it is not too extreme and I enjoy it, then I will own it. I'm not the type to get offended so easily either. I enjoy horror movies like the Excorcist, Evil Dead, Drag Me To Hell and other movies that have a strong plot related to demons and witchcraft so, I have a lot of anti christian music in my library. Unless it's attacking God directly or is completely glorifying the devil then I usually let it all slide. Unless their movies like Little Nicky... I'll just take that last statement back because Little Nicky is freakin' hilarious.

"What does Adrian have that you don't?"
"A speech impediment?"

I laugh every time.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2