The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE

+33
StarPilot
Fundy
strype53
DaveMB
bigtreads
strangerhoncho
Galations6.7
hellig
Throne of thorns
SirJahzeal
nairtoons
Highway Star
stevegarveyfan
jononation
Bill Roxx
Blake
xMetalMarkx
Jessrox
force perspective
bjorn agin
Trouble72
Rabid Rob
Noahsfaith
Staybrite
timekeeper
Through The Dark Radio
jeffcorpse
KaramKaram
Follower of Jesus
Tombie
Hardcore Christian
eatbugs
guilty/forgiven
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE Empty HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE

Post by guilty/forgiven Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Could it be true ??   affraid 

This crazy guy who decided to scan (with lots of help) and edit over 2,400 pages including front and back covers
FINISHED the last page today !   cheers  cheers  cheers 

All I need to do now is find a standard to compress the images (which are currently in high quality TIFF extensions) into smaller sized PDFs. It would be ideal to fit all 54 issues plus extras on no more than 2 DVD-Rs.

HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE Hm_cov10

After I mess with different possibilities of PDF compressions, I will be contacting Doug Van Pelt to find out what he thinks I should do with this project. I personally believe there is a market for this, and after all my countless hours of donated work on this project, I pray that God can make a way for it to be made available to the masses and be a blessing in multiple ways.
I think the ideal time to release such a product would be 2015 as that marks 30 years of HM and would be a cool way to celebrate. But that's up to the big guys who own it now. We'll see.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE Empty Re: HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Rock on 1 ...good job GF...I look forward to checking them all out....

Back to top Go down

HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE Empty Re: HEAVEN'S METAL MAGAZINE PROJECT COMPLETE

Post by eatbugs Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:49 pm

I would absolutely buy!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 am

wow that is quite epic
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:40 am

That is awesome and you donated all of that time... that shows that there is still some good people on this earth... nice job. I am definitely gonna get this.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:59 am

It will be mine! Can't wait!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:23 am

Nice job man!

Last edited by KaramKaram on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:15 am

Thank you all for the kind words. I could NOT have done this project without DVP's approval and for the donation of scanned pages from:

Phil Valentine (Trouble72) for scanning the majority of the project
Ryan Jennings (stevegarveyfan) for allowing me to scan his private collection of the first 17.
Darth Creek and Bruce Harapcio (Rawk84) for saving the day by filling in missing issues.
And Mike Nair for providing higher quality scans of pages that were too damaged to edit.

Without them, I wouldn't have every page from issue 1 thru 54 to even edit.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:56 am

Can't wait to get this!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Huzzah!!! cheers
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Nice indeed!
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Great job, I know this was a labor of love for you.  Glad to see you are still married now that it's over.  Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:38 pm

lol!  ha ! trust me, it took a LOT longer than I expected. My wife is a saint for putting up with my countless hours staring at my laptop fussing over every little detail... then complaining that this project was a crazy idea I should've never volunteered for (she'd encourage me though - keep it up, you're too far in to give up now)
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Noahsfaith Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 pm

I can't wait. I will buy it. I got it for a few years

Noahsfaith
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Rob Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:43 pm

That Is Awesome \M/
Rabid Rob
Rabid Rob
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Trouble72 Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:23 am

Jim, looking forward to seeing this. The stuff you had previously sent me is fantastic.
Trouble72
Trouble72
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:33 am

Awesome! I've been eager to see this completed all along. Thanks for all the time you've poured into it. What are you going to do with all that spare time now?   Laughing 

Hopefully DVP and the current owners of HM find a way to get this out to the masses. I'd definitely buy a copy.

All told, how much space did the scans take up in their uncompressed state? Hope you have many backups.  Very Happy
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:58 am

I will purchase these ONLY if it is offered on a thumb drive, CDs/DVDs are not for me anymore, plus it is easier for the CD/DVD to get scuffed while in transit.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:18 am

STATS:
From 10-2012 to 7-2014 I edited over 2,400 pages, removing "image noise", straitening pages, repairing blurred portions - folds - tears - any marks that aren't on the originals, some pictures were enhanced and all were fixed of any damage.
In that time I took about 5 months off of the project due to life experiences like back surgery, family issues, etc.
The total size in it's RAW TIFF state comes to 24.9 GB. In it's final compressed PDF, under 5 GB. It should fit comfortably on a 4.7GB DVD-R complete with a menu and programs to run it and perhaps some extras (yet to be determined). A flash drive is an option, but again, I do not own the rights, nor can I do anything with this project without the owner's permission. It will be up to them as to what they do with it.
I just hope it doesn't get shelved.  Sad
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 am

Well, but since you worked hard on this, your opinion should matter to the owners of the content, and letting them know that people wants it in a thumb drive is doable, just my opinion
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Good point. Also those thumb drives are just as cheap in bulk, and more reliable than discs.

I use flash drives whenever I trade music now, rather than Cds or Dvds (wait, was I suppose to say that out loud)  Twisted Evil
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:19 pm

thanks to you and wife and family for all the time you spent on it. it Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed.

for me it doesn't matter what format it's on. i'll buy it.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Thank you very much. The response is actually overwhelming me. My joy will be found in everyone who is blessed by the final product. I look forward to what becomes of it.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Currently I'm having trouble with the program that I was using to convert the RAW TIFF files over to combined PDF files. I got all the way up to issue #41 and the program will no longer work.
I tried 5 other programs, all of which were very inferior and either left a watermark or couldn't handle more than 20 pages at a time.

So close to finishing this and my freeware programs are failing me. Grrrrrr  Grrrr
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Killer! I would buy this for sure! Good Job man.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next