The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repossession: A Christmas Album

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Repossession: A Christmas Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Repossession: A Christmas Album

Post by Blake Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 am

Most were in the US, but I had 1 to Norway and 1 to Finland.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Repossession: A Christmas Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Repossession: A Christmas Album

Post by Blake Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Delivery could be 6/16 - 6/20
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:18 am

My copy came in yesterday safe and sound!  (Along with the MBR magnet I ordered which is now on my fridge.)  Was cranking it on my way to work today.   Metal 1   Christmas is here for this guy!   santa   Also, I got copy #2/300 which is pretty dang rad.  Thanks again MBR!  The packaging looks spectacular too; I love the exploding sleigh haha.  This is definitely THE metal Christmas compilation to have.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 am

Kerrick wrote:My copy came in yesterday safe and sound!  (Along with the MBR magnet I ordered which is now on my fridge.)  Was cranking it on my way to work today.   Metal 1   Christmas is here for this guy!   santa   Also, I got copy #2/300 which is pretty dang rad.  Thanks again MBR!  The packaging looks spectacular too; I love the exploding sleigh haha.  This is definitely THE metal Christmas compilation to have.

Thanks, glad you like it. I was surprised by the quality of the digipaks as well.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Kerrick wrote:My copy came in yesterday safe and sound!  (Along with the MBR magnet I ordered which is now on my fridge.)  Was cranking it on my way to work today.   Metal 1   Christmas is here for this guy!   santa   Also, I got copy #2/300 which is pretty dang rad.  Thanks again MBR!  The packaging looks spectacular too; I love the exploding sleigh haha.  This is definitely THE metal Christmas compilation to have.
Im away from home right now ill get my copy Sunday

i also ordered a mouse pad 

santa  rendeer  Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud  Circle Dance
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:46 am

Eventually the album should have its track info recognized by most media players. Oasis is supposed to have taken care of GraceNote, and I mailed a copy to AllMusic for them to add to their database, theres no telling how long that takes to process though
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Im away from home right now ill get my copy Sunday

i also ordered a mouse pad 

santa  rendeer  Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud  Circle Dance

Right on!  Yeah my mousepad is getting pretty worn...  I may need to upgrade to a Metal Blessing Radio pad one of these days too!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 pm

it is a pretty sweet album this
Tophet and Envision Evangelene were awating me yesterday

Love most of the songs on here
the artwork on the Discs is sweet
8/300

mousepad is epic tooo

THX MAN  Rockin Loud
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Glad you like it. I am especially fond of the Jonathan Simpson songs on the album. Specifically version 2. That song fits pretty well with the album art.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Those are good songs indeed!  I had never heard Grave Robber (or Wretched Grave Robber) before but after those two songs, I may have to buy their discography...  Good stuff!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:42 am

Kerrick wrote:Those are good songs indeed!  I had never heard Grave Robber (or Wretched Grave Robber) before but after those two songs, I may have to buy their discography...  Good stuff!

Really? Surprised you never heard them, Grave Robber is great. And Wretched Graverobber was the name Shawn (Wretched) used for his solo Christmas EP that is the reason for the different names.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Those are good songs indeed!  I had never heard Grave Robber (or Wretched Grave Robber) before but after those two songs, I may have to buy their discography...  Good stuff!

Really? Surprised you never heard them, Grave Robber is great. And Wretched Graverobber was the name Shawn (Wretched) used for his solo Christmas EP that is the reason for the different names.

I hadnt heard of them earlier then saw them on No Life Til metal
not a big punk fan but i like it with there costumes you expect Wretched vocals to be heavier

It sucks on I-Tunes
it only has the first discs info so on the 2nd one i have to enter all the info
and the first one the artists name is MBR so i have to rename the band anyway
it took me like 2 hours last night cause then it put each song on its own album
 Neutral
i mean come on but now its fixed and its dominating my player

theres a couple songs i skip but for the most part its great

especially
Jonathan Simpson
Immortal Souls
Frost Like Ashes
Grave Robber
Krig
Derek Close (great job getting him on here)
Tortured Conscience
Erlosung
Frank's Enemy
Second Thief
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:34 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Metal Blessing Radio wrote:

it only has the first discs info so on the 2nd one i have to enter all the info
and the first one the artists name is MBR so i have to rename the band anyway
it took me like 2 hours last night cause then it put each song on its own album

You mean it only recognized the track info on disc one? and the artist was Metal Blessing Radio on all tracks?

Thats messed up, typically compilations are supposed to be labeled as "Various" on artist. It should have also been submitted to GraceNote and AllMusic that way. I will have to test this out on my pc and see.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:10 am

Yeah it was the same for me as well.  It didn't take me two hours to correct it though...   Wink

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:22 am

Kerrick wrote:Yeah it was the same for me as well.  It didn't take me two hours to correct it though...   Wink

Thats disappointing, I will have to look into this
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:26 am

Sometimes when I type all the info in on iTunes, it asks me if I want to upload that info onto their database, though it didn't this time.  I wonder if it'd be easy for me to just upload what I have?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:44 am

I've never tried that, not sure. I only open itunes once in a blue moon. I'm old school, I still use Windows Media Player
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:55 pm

well i hate it when each artist is in its own album so i had to re download to make it a compilation plus
my moms computer is the only one thats got enough memory to hold all the music  i have
its SO SLOW

and it is so loud the fan runs really loud im afraid its gonna like explode and im gonna lose my power to put albums on my I-Pod

LOl thats why it took 2 hours
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Finally managed to get it listed on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MGWEDAS

If only it would display the tracklist
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:13 pm

If anyone has some spare time I'd appreciate you adding a review to the Amazon page of your thoughts on the album
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Been submitting this for review all over the web. Hopefully some publications will pick this up. More reviews mean more sales which means more toys for the young'uns
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Also I forgot to mention that Stubby's House of Christmas did a write-up on the album:

"Repossession: A Christmas Album" is a 2-CD set of Metal renderings of holiday favorites and newer and slightly twisted takes on the season (such as "Grandma Got Half Eaten By A Zombie") from the folks at Metal Blessing Radio, a web site, podcast, and resource center for Christian Metal artists and fans.  100% of the profits from sales of this collection will go to buy toys for children who are neglected or victims of abuse (via the Tulsa Court Appointed Special Advocates for children).

I'm not a metalhead, myself--I just like music of all sorts--but even I recognize some of the bands on this set...Theocracy, Frost Like Ashes, Royal Anguish, to name names  At least 7 of these tracks carry a 2014 copyright and thus are presumed new to this collection.  Another 6 are copyrighted 2013.  The earliest cut on "Repossession" is 1991's "Silent Night" by Deliverance.  And several of the cuts, including Royal Anguish's brilliant version of"Mary Did You Know", and Tortured Conscience's unforgettable take on "Little Drummer Boy", will be familiar to anyone who previously purchased or listened to the 2002 Christian Metal release "A Brutal Christmas: The Season In Chaos" (now out of print).  Its always nice to have all the classics together, and the new stuff mixed in, on one handy collection.  Roughly two hours (maybe more; I haven't counted) of Christian Metal Christmas music.  The cause is worthy, the price is a bargain (2 CDs for $13, plus postage), and, hey, Christmas music in July!

The original digipack pressing is limited to 300 hand numbered copies.  Official release date for "Repossession" is July 15, but these were already shipping in June.  Place your orders at the Metal Blessing Radio web store.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Looks like some improvements were made to track information in Windows Media and other players, but still some issues, such as in Windows Media Player for me Jonathan Simpson - Fight For Whats Right showed up as "Tight" for whats right, which actually made me laugh.

I submitted corrections to AMG (AllMusic Group) and hopefully it will finally be corrected soon!
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:16 am

Things are picking up a bit with the holiday season nearing. In the last few weeks I sold a total of 56 CDs.

Also I forgot to mention we got another review of the album:

http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com/2014/09/repossession-christmas-album-2014.html
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:20 am

Right on dude!  Haha I gotta start making my Christmas playlist on my iTunes...  (Repossession, A Brutal Christmas, Flaskavsae's Christmas EP, Theocracy's Christmas songs... etc.)

Did you know Blood Thirsty is working on a Christmas song?  Should be killer...  Metal 2

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next