The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Death Metal Bands That Sound Like Death?

+2
mothy
Christian Thrash Rules
6 posters

Go down

Christian Death Metal Bands That Sound Like Death? Empty Christian Death Metal Bands That Sound Like Death?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:44 pm

I always avoided Death till recently(I thought they were satanic because of the logo). I didn't realize that they weren't, and they're such a good band. Symbolic is easily the best album. The worst is either Spiritual Healing or Scream Bloody Gore. But, I can't find a Christian death metal band vocals similar to Chuck. The closest I've gotten is Mortification, but the vocals are two different styles almost.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian Death Metal Bands That Sound Like Death? Empty Re: Christian Death Metal Bands That Sound Like Death?

Post by mothy Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:55 pm

Opprobrium is the closest I’ve found but musically closer to early Death and not progressive like the later stuff.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Christian Death Metal Bands That Sound Like Death? Empty Re: Christian Death Metal Bands That Sound Like Death?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:57 pm

mothy wrote:Opprobrium is the closest I’ve found but musically closer to early Death and not progressive like the later stuff.
I'll check them out! The main reason I prefer later Death is just songwriting. Every song on Scream Bloody Gore sounds almost the same.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:59 pm

mothy wrote:Opprobrium is the closest I’ve found but musically closer to early Death and not progressive like the later stuff.
What album is your favorite?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:03 pm

I just looked them up and probably 90% of the songs are labeled as explicit. Are you sure they're Christian?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:03 pm

Aletheian for sure! They were very Death influenced. Check out their album Dying Vine.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and Temple of Blood like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:17 pm

Kerrick wrote:Aletheian for sure! They were very Death influenced. Check out their album Dying Vine.
I'll check 'em out! I read their bio on Spotify and it said the og name was Clutch and was very similar to Aletheian. Have you listened, or do you know anything about it?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:19 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I always avoided Death till recently(I thought they were satanic because of the logo). I didn't realize that they weren't, and they're such a good band. Symbolic is easily the best album. The worst is either Spiritual Healing or Scream Bloody Gore. But, I can't find a Christian death metal band vocals similar to Chuck. The closest I've gotten is Mortification, but the vocals are two different styles almost.

I’m a long time Death fan and they indeed were not satanic. Chuck was actually against that stuff and criticized it. 

I enjoy all the albums, but Leprosy is my least liked. It has some good songs, but the lead guitarist Rick Rozz did nothing but rely on whammy bar for every solo. 

Spiritual Healing is awesome! It featured James Murphy on lead guitar and had better songs. You can hear how that album has the same basic riff ideas as the next album, Human. 

Here’s my list by preference:

1. Symbolic
2. Human
3. Spiritual Healing 
4. The Sound of Perseverance 
5. Scream Bloody Gore
6. Individual Thought Patterns
7. Leprosy
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:32 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I just looked them up and probably 90% of the songs are labeled as explicit. Are you sure they're Christian?
Yeah they are, if your on Spotify they messed that up so listen without worry. My fav is Discerning Forces, but followed closely by the Fallen Entities
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:53 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Aletheian for sure! They were very Death influenced. Check out their album Dying Vine.
I'll check 'em out! I read their bio on Spotify and it said the og name was Clutch and was very similar to Aletheian. Have you listened, or do you know anything about it?

maybe a typo but, just in case, it was "Crutch"
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:53 am

crucifyd wrote:

maybe a typo but, just in case, it was "Crutch"
It wasn't a typo, but I might've read it wrong.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:47 pm

Oh yeah, I have Crutch's CD too.  It's pretty good, though I do prefer their stuff under the Aletheian name more.

By the way, you can pick up their CDs and a ton of merch for very cheap.  I've ordered from them a handful of times.
https://aletheian.com/aletheian%20store.html

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:33 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I just looked them up and probably 90% of the songs are labeled as explicit. Are you sure they're Christian?
A lot of non-explicit songs get labeled as explicit by streaming services
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down