The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian bands that sound similar to Dio

+16
KellyDivineAggression
metaldude
Temple of Blood
alldatndensum
Machine Fish
Professor_Valconian
d@v!d
Metallynx
MetalGospel
Candlemass
Kerrick
deathisgain
6stringgrind
Friday13th
Jaybird
Benny4SR
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Christian bands that sound similar to Dio Empty Christian bands that sound similar to Dio

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:35 am

Yesterday on Facebook somebody asked about Christian bands that sound similar to Dio. To me, not too many of the suggestions sounded much like RJD. Now he was looking for "something along the lines of", and not "exactly like", because there is no one out there that I've heard that sounds "exactly like" Dio, in the Christian world. Somebody posted a band I've never heard of called Emerald that was pretty good and definitely had some Dio influence. Now obviously my opinion is biased here, but I think our singer in Four Star Revival has some pretty heavy Dio influence, especially in a lot of his phrasing. Once again, not "exactly like", but you can definitely hear the influence. I grew up in that era and saw RJD live quite a few times, so this is the type of music that I love. I will post a few Four Star Revival songs here and please let me know how much Dio influence you think is there.

Secondly, what other Christian bands do YOU think have a heavy Dio influence? Like I said, this is the type of music that I'm into, so I would love to discover some new Christian bands that are in that vein.

vein. 
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://fourstarrevival.fourfour.com

Back to top Go down

Christian bands that sound similar to Dio Empty Re: Christian bands that sound similar to Dio

Post by metaldude Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:59 am

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but Jack does have some Dio in his voice. The vocals on Red, however, are straight-up Dio.

As far as other bands, the vocals on this song from Divinefire always screamed Dio to me.

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian bands that sound similar to Dio Empty Re: Christian bands that sound similar to Dio

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 am

Jack is definitely showing some RJD influence on Red! And I think Hold On as well! I can hear a bit of it in the Divinefire guy's voice as well! Good song! Thanks!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:48 am

Jaybird
Jaybird
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:54 am

I think the singer of Bloodgood sounds like Dio. Also check Kerry Livgren - Seeds of Change which actually features the real Dio.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:55 am

This has a definite Dio flavor in the vocals.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Jaybird wrote:

I haven't heard that song in a very, very long time.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:19 pm

I can't think of one right off the top of my head, but here is Rob Rock singing "Last in Line"
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:35 pm

@Jaybird, Fear No Evil has got some Dio influence. @6stringgrind, the Zaxas guy has some heavy RJD influence, but when he hits the higher notes he sounds like Geoff Tate! Lol! @deathisgain, a lot of people on the original Facebook post were saying Rob Rock, but I really don't think he sounds much like Dio, even when singing Dio! Lol!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Four Star Revival rocks!  I definitely hear me some Dio in their album.

The only one that comes to my mind in addition would be Forsaken, though they're more epic-doom.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Thanks @Kerrick! I've not heard much Forsaken, but his voice doesn't seem well suited to this song. Not that he has a bad voice by any means, just seems like it doesn't work well with the song. But then again, actually trying to match RJD is a tall order!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

I really like Forsaken a lot.  That's a bonus track on their first album and I wouldn't say is particularly representative of their sound (which has developed and changed over the years).  I highly recommend purchasing all of their albums though!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 pm

I will certainly listen further! Thanks!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Benny, you have to forgive Kerrick. He thinks doom is the answer to any question whose answer isn't Iron Maiden.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:44 pm

lol!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:44 pm

metaldude wrote:Benny, you have to forgive Kerrick. He thinks doom is the answer to any question whose answer isn't Iron Maiden.

That's sig-worthy right there...  Twisted Evil

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Yeah so when is 4SR going to release a DOOOOM album???  Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm certainly tuned low enough to rock some DOOM! You never know!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Alright!  That's what I like to hear!  Rockin Loud

Nah, keep doing what you guys are doing / want to do.  Your album is fantastic and gets quite a bit of play in my stereo and I greatly look forward to hearing more from you!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks brother! I really appreciate that! Now if we can just get a couple million more people to do the same! Lol! Wait until you hear the new stuff we've been writing! Guitar guy
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Friday13th wrote:I think the singer of Bloodgood sounds like Dio.

Shocked scratch
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Benny4SR wrote:Thanks brother! I really appreciate that! Now if we can just get a couple million more people to do the same! Lol! Wait until you hear the new stuff we've been writing! Guitar guy

Aww man, I'm stoked to hear you gents are in the writing process!  Can't wait to hear what you've got.  Metal 2

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalGospel Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:40 pm

I thought Accept The Lamb song from BloodGood had an obvious DIO feel to it.

*A certain band from Sweden, but they are not Christian, but the singer sounds exactly 100% like Ronnie James:  Astral Doors.

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallynx Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:41 am

I'm surprised no one has mentinoed Barren Cross yet, State Of Control sounds pretty much like a Dio song, despite the fact that Mike Lee is often compared to Bruce Dickinson. And then there's German Pascual...
Metallynx
Metallynx
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:23 am

Benny4SR wrote:I will post a few Four Star Revival songs here and please let me know how much Dio influence you think is there.

Secondly, what other Christian bands do YOU think have a heavy Dio influence? Like I said, this is the type of music that I'm into, so I would love to discover some new Christian bands that are in that vein.

vein. 
There is a certian amount of the Holy Diver album feel in the riffs and vocal tonality. The big difference in contrast to RJD is that your lyrics make sense.

I don't know any other bands, but looks like others have a couple of good ones.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next