The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overrated bands that are your favorite

+4
Pethead
StevenCressler
TZ75
Soldier777
8 posters

Go down

Overrated bands that are your favorite Empty Overrated bands that are your favorite

Post by Soldier777 Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Do you ever wonder if any of your favorite bands are overrated? Some of my top bands are Stryper, Petra, Saint, Bloodgood and Rez. A lot of people, regardless if they like rock, hard rock and metal or not or may not be Christians like on youtube, seem to mention Stryper and Petra. Also, whenever pioneering groups are mentioned, any of these bands are mentioned along with others. Not saying it's a bad thing, but after all these years in a way it's nice that these bands are recognized.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Overrated bands that are your favorite Empty Re: Overrated bands that are your favorite

Post by TZ75 Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:48 pm

Overrated is an opinion. Who decides what is not overrated?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Overrated bands that are your favorite Empty Re: Overrated bands that are your favorite

Post by TZ75 Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:54 pm

In my opinion, all the bands I like deserve whatever acclaim they have. 

I could throw some bands like Skillet under the bus… but I’m not a fan. So that wouldn’t qualify for the question.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:04 pm

TZ75 wrote:In my opinion, all the bands I like deserve whatever acclaim they have. 

I could throw some bands like Skillet under the bus… but I’m not a fan. So that wouldn’t qualify for the question.
I'm a Skillet fan and I still think they're overrated 😆
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead, TZ75 and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:24 pm

While I’m not a fan of Skillet, I like the singer’s podcast “Cooper Stuff”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:29 pm

TZ75 wrote:While I’m not a fan of Skillet, I like the singer’s podcast “Cooper Stuff”.
Curious if you'd like these songs. This whole album is way heavier than anything else by Skillet, and these four are some of the heaviest on it.

StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:42 am

It’s okay. But I’m not gonna buy their albums. There’s tons of other bands I would rather listen to.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:52 am

TZ75 wrote:It’s okay. But I’m not gonna buy their albums. There’s tons of other bands I would rather listen to.
I think I've only ever bough two albums in my life, and that was back before I started using streaming services all the time. Nowadays I mainly just use YouTube and Spotify.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:47 am

StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:It’s okay. But I’m not gonna buy their albums. There’s tons of other bands I would rather listen to.
I think I've only ever bough two albums in my life, and that was back before I started using streaming services all the time. Nowadays I mainly just use YouTube and Spotify.

Yeah, you’re a totally different generation than I am. Are you considered a “millennial” or Gen Z?

Either way you’re from the era of streaming.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:56 am

He’s Gen Z. I’m a millennial, who grew up buying albums and still buys them.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:49 pm

I don't make enough money to spend any on things I can get online for free lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:55 pm

However, if I ever get a large steady income I do plan on buying at least some of my favorites.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:42 pm

If a band is someone’s favorite, I doubt they would think of that band as overrated
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, TZ75, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:42 pm

Since most christian bands plays in a niche, I wouldn't say any of them is overrated.

Maybe the only band that could go out of this niche is Stryper. And they are not overrrated, they deserved it.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:57 pm

Well known secular metal bands have hundreds of thousands of fans…possibly millions of fans. I would say they can be considered overrated.

Well known Christian Metal Bands have thousands of fans…maybe tens of thousands. So small a niche compared to their secular counterparts it is almost laughable that they would be considered overrated.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:15 pm

StevenCressler wrote:I don't make enough money to spend any on things I can get online for free lol

I know why people stream… but there’s something about owning the physical product and holding the lyrics insert with artwork (in your hands). 

I would recommend at least buying your ten favorite albums on CD (or vinyl). 

Plus when things are digital, there’s a chance the albums or songs could be deleted or pulled from streaming sites. If you have the physical hard copy that’s not a problem (as long as you have the equipment to play them).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:16 pm

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:I don't make enough money to spend any on things I can get online for free lol

I know why people stream… but there’s something about owning the physical product and holding the lyrics insert with artwork (in your hands). 

I would recommend at least buying your ten favorite albums on CD (or vinyl). 

Plus when things are digital, there’s a chance the albums or songs could be deleted or pulled from streaming sites. If you have the physical hard copy that’s not a problem (as long as you have the equipment to play them).
Very true. Thankfully my dad owns the first 7 Deliverance albums.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:48 pm

Metallica. Everyone thinks they are overrated, but they got as popular as they are for a reason. Metallica was my introduction to metal almost 2 years ago and they are still my number one band of all time. My 2nd and 3rd favorite aren't even metal lol. Other than that, most of what I listen to is underground stuff. Lots of underground thrash (obviously). But I listen to a lot of popular bands, very few of which I think are overrated. SOAD, Stryper, P.O.D, Megadeth, Meshuggah, DragonForce etc. Also I saw y'all were talking about streaming vs. physical. I own 9 vinyls (none of which are metal but that will change with number 10. I didn't buy any of them), most of my dads old CDs (U2, Radiohead, and The Killers mainly but there's other stuff), and I recently bought Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable on CD. I use Spotify 90% of the time but, there's something about vinyl. It sounds better and I enjoy it more for some reason.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down