The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Fav Metal Genres and 3 Least Fav Metal Genres

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3 Fav Metal Genres and 3 Least Fav Metal Genres Empty 3 Fav Metal Genres and 3 Least Fav Metal Genres

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:00 pm

3 Fav:
1. Thrash (obviously)
2. Power/Progressive (could change)
3. Easycore

3 Least:
1. Grindcore
2. Black
3. Screamo
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

3 Fav Metal Genres and 3 Least Fav Metal Genres Empty Re: 3 Fav Metal Genres and 3 Least Fav Metal Genres

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:04 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:3 Fav:
1. Thrash (obviously)
2. Power/Progressive (could change)
3. Easycore

3 Least:
1. Grindcore
2. Black
3. Screamo
Power/Progressive could change to death, heavy, NWOBHM etc
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

3 Fav Metal Genres and 3 Least Fav Metal Genres Empty Re: 3 Fav Metal Genres and 3 Least Fav Metal Genres

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 pm

Fav:
1. Thrash
2. Power
3. Classic

Least:
1. Screamo
2. Industrial
3. Metalcore

Black used to be one of my least favorites, but I’ve discovered some stuff in the genre that I really dig.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

I don't mind industrial.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:09 pm

Fav
1. Thrash
2. Death
3. Symphonic
(2 and 3 can swap around depending on mood)

Least
1. Screamo
2. Grindcore
3. Atompsheric Black
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:10 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I don't mind industrial.
Same. Assimilation by Deliverance is one of my fav albums. Rammstein's rather good too, though I don't really listen to them bc they're so sexual
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 pm

I enjoy Assimilation, but I find industrial overall to be really monotonous.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 pm

Honestly kind of hard to answer for favorites, I tend to like select few examples from some genres, some of my favorites though are melodic progressive thrash, power metal, symphonic metal, traditional metal, doom metal or various combinations of the above.
Least favorites is easier: grindcore, brutal death metal, metalcore
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:12 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Same. Assimilation by Deliverance is one of my fav albums. Rammstein's rather good too, though I don't really listen to them bc they're so sexual
I don’t listen to Rammstein, but aren’t all their lyrics in German?
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:12 pm

Ja oder nein?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 pm

seth wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
I don’t listen to Rammstein, but aren’t all their lyrics in German?
Almost all. I wouldn't skip if they came on Pandora. I might even thumbs up. I just don't go looking for them on purpose.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:18 pm

What SC said. If their lyrics weren't what they are I would listen more. Rammstein and Assimilation are the only Industrial I listen to.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:32 pm

List flows with my mood but these are where I start
1) Death
2) Thrash
3) this could be any of these: black, power/prog, doom

The one's I don't touch or barely
1) Screamo
2) Deathcore
3) Industrial

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 pm

Nu might crack the top three (not high chance but a chance) if it was more consistent. I love P.O.D and Demon Hunter and System Of A Down but a lot of Nu is just crap. (Christian rap is also crap Very Happy)
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Nu might crack the top three (not high chance but a chance) if it was more consistent. I love P.O.D and Demon Hunter and System Of A Down but a lot of Nu is just crap. (Christian rap is also crap Very Happy)
If Korean pop, is Kpop, than of course Christian rap is crap. And French art is fart.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:31 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Nu might crack the top three (not high chance but a chance) if it was more consistent. I love P.O.D and Demon Hunter and System Of A Down but a lot of Nu is just crap. (Christian rap is also crap Very Happy)
If Korean pop, is Kpop, than of course Christian rap is crap. And French art is fart.
The only Christian rap that isn't crap is P.O.D (but they're new metal) and TobyMac.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
The only Christian rap that isn't crap is P.O.D (but they're new metal) and TobyMac.
My friends got to go on stage at a TobyMac concert, it was really cool. Also did you know he has a metal song?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
My friends got to go on stage at a TobyMac concert, it was really cool. Also did you know he has a metal song?
I had absolutely no idea, video is blocked (stupid school chromebook), what's it called?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
I had absolutely no idea, video is blocked (stupid school chromebook), what's it called?
It's called Yours. You should look it up when you get home. I remember when I was just getting into hard rock/metal and I considered this one of the heaviest songs I'd heard (even though I knew every song on D's Learn, so idk what I was thinking Razz )
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 pm

While I don’t really listen to that style anymore, Toby Mac is what got me interested in Christian music to begin with, before I discovered hard rock and metal.
As for rap, not a fan at all for the most part, but I can actually somewhat enjoy faster, more aggressive rap with no voice distortion or auto tune, like some of NF’s songs. His song Intro II is unironically kind of a banger: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcOPNpKvRY
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 pm

seth wrote:While I don’t really listen to that style anymore, Toby Mac is what got me interested in Christian music to begin with, before I discovered hard rock and metal.
As for rap, not a fan at all for the most part, but I can actually somewhat enjoy faster, more aggressive rap with no voice distortion or auto tune, like some of NF’s songs. His song Intro II is unironically kind of a banger: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcOPNpKvRY
The only rap I really listen to is Tom MacDonald's political stuff because the lyrics are so good. The System is by far the best rap song I've heard.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:52 pm

Whippersnappers. I was jamming with TobyMac back in his DC Talk days. 🤪
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 pm

I feel kind of bad for judging by appearance, but from pictures I’ve seen of Tom McDonald he seems like he would be rather hard to take seriously.
Idk if he falls into this category or not, but I have seen youtube videos of “MAGA rap,” which is actually a genre apparently. Like Vomitorial Corpulence, it falls into the “so bad it’s kind of hilarious” category
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 pm

If you want a good laugh, here’s a MAGA rap ode to senator Marjorie Taylor Greene: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pJhDqV3kgOI
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:05 pm

seth wrote:I feel kind of bad for judging by appearance, but from pictures I’ve seen of Tom McDonald he seems like he would be rather hard to take seriously.
Idk if he falls into this category or not, but I have seen youtube videos of “MAGA rap,” which is actually a genre apparently. Like Vomitorial Corpulence, it falls into the “so bad it’s kind of hilarious” category
I do agree, his hair/tatoos do look pretty ridiculous. But there's so many great lines in that song.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next