The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

+11
Ammocas
Dustofyears
Airola
StevenCressler
seth
BaleMaster
Legitwafflez
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Pethead
Christian Thrash Rules
15 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

JH vs. JPBII

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 8 ]
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 Empty Re: James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:39 am

I was hoping/expecting that it would be 100% James, and they're all tied.....
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 Empty Re: James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:39 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Pethead wrote:

But... AJFA is the best album ever...
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd3gp6q087iikeaxa7z54r83oiaihv0ckli0aje0rxs&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Well Blackened and Dyers Eve are great but the rest of the songs they just play the same riff over and over for 10 minutes then on to the next. The first 3 are where it's at. I believe lightening is their last pure thrash album.
Really? MOP, AJFA, DM, HTSD, 72S.
Yes, IMHO the 2 songs I listed were thrash. MOP has some thrash but they were changing.And I haven't paid attention to anything after Justice. I've heard one song from recent albums and his singing voice just turns me off.
I can kind of understand that because you started with KEA and RTL. MOP is thrash with prog elements (the prog started seeping in on RTL). AJFA is full on prog-thrash. TBA is heavy metal (some songs like Holier Than Thou are thrashy). L/RL are alt. metal. St. Anger is thrashy nu metal. DM is thrash (the closest to KEA out of their new stuff). Lulu is terrible. HTSD is thrash/heavy. 72 Seasons is mostly thrash, but different from the other stuff.
Well, the 1st two I was too young when they came out but hey this is great, I love the debate and the difference in opinion. I came here to hopefully get turned on to new music and find new favorites. But nowadays I really just listen to Christian only, no issues with others listening to secular just my own decision.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:41 am

Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Pethead wrote:

But... AJFA is the best album ever...
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 2 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd3gp6q087iikeaxa7z54r83oiaihv0ckli0aje0rxs&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Well Blackened and Dyers Eve are great but the rest of the songs they just play the same riff over and over for 10 minutes then on to the next. The first 3 are where it's at. I believe lightening is their last pure thrash album.
Really? MOP, AJFA, DM, HTSD, 72S.
Yes, IMHO the 2 songs I listed were thrash. MOP has some thrash but they were changing.And I haven't paid attention to anything after Justice. I've heard one song from recent albums and his singing voice just turns me off.
I can kind of understand that because you started with KEA and RTL. MOP is thrash with prog elements (the prog started seeping in on RTL). AJFA is full on prog-thrash. TBA is heavy metal (some songs like Holier Than Thou are thrashy). L/RL are alt. metal. St. Anger is thrashy nu metal. DM is thrash (the closest to KEA out of their new stuff). Lulu is terrible. HTSD is thrash/heavy. 72 Seasons is mostly thrash, but different from the other stuff.
Well, the 1st two I was too young when they came out but hey this is great, I love the debate and the difference in opinion. I came here to hopefully get turned on to new music and find new favorites. But nowadays I really just listen to Christian only, no issues with others listening to secular just my own decision.
I listen to both but mostly Christian. I have a 24+ hour playlist that's all Christian Thrash Metal. Which shouldn't be surprising because of my name. Very Happy
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:48 am

CTR haha, that's awesome. I personally listen to several genres of metal but I lean towards my favorites.
Death, thrash, black but enjoy others also.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:49 am

Legitwafflez wrote:CTR haha, that's awesome. I personally listen to several genres of metal but I lean towards my favorites.
What streaming service do you use?

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:51 am

Legitwafflez wrote:CTR haha, that's awesome. I personally listen to several genres of metal but I lean towards my favorites.
I'm like the only person on this website that likes easycore(one of my other favorite genres, fav band is Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!) and I DO NOT like black metal. Imo there's no such thing as Christian black metal because one of the key characteristics of bm is Satanism. I think the Christian version is white metal.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:52 am

Legitwafflez wrote:
Spotify and vinyl. I don't have any metal vinyls yet though. I just recently bought Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable on CD though.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:56 am

I surprised SC hasn't been on here yet. D and M are two of his favorite bands.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:06 am

Legitwafflez wrote:
Spotify and vinyl. I don't have any metal vinyls yet though. I just recently bought Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable on CD though.
I believe there's Christian black, just reading the lyrics let's me know but I get it. I use YouTube music, all of the rare demos etc are at my fingertips. I had over 800 CDs at one time but have sold them off, most of my listening is in my vehicle and I bought a newer truck 5 years ago. CD players are not included anymore so they were collecting dust.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:08 am

Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
I believe there's Christian black, just reading the lyrics let's me know but I get it. I use YouTube music, all of the rare demos etc are at my fingertips. I had over 800 CDs at one time but have sold them off, most of my listening is in my vehicle and I bought a newer truck 5 years ago. CD players are not included anymore so they were collecting dust.
Okay I reread your post about black metal and I read it wrong the 1st time. But the term unblack is weird.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:16 am

Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
That's the one thing I don't like about Spotify. Step Cousin (Christian Thrash, underrated) has three albums (I think) and spotify only has one of theirs. I bought JF - SU (CD) because it's not on spotify.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:34 am

Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
That's the one thing I don't like about Spotify. Step Cousin (Christian Thrash, underrated) has three albums (I think) and spotify only has one of theirs. I bought JF - SU (CD) because it's not on spotify.
Step Cousin is on YouTube music, I'm not sure if it's every album, and yes they're underrated, they have some good stuff. The only thing I don't like about their service is the search, sometimes it's hard to pinpoint what you're looking for without exact album titles etc. unless it's a well established band.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:47 am

I'm like the only person on this website that likes easycore(one of my other favorite genres, fav band is Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!) and I DO NOT like black metal. Imo there's no such thing as Christian black metal because one of the key characteristics of bm is Satanism. I think the Christian version is white metal.
According to loser “kvlt” elitists who love to whine about Christian metal in general being for posers, sure. Christian black metal definitely exists though, although some call it unblack metal to distance themselves from the satanic association. “White metal” is an older term for Christian metal in general. Black metal is very hit or miss for me, but there is some I really enjoy, such as Divine Symphony and Antestor (particularly The Forsaken album). And one of my all time favorite bands, Epta Astera, has some black metal elements
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:48 am

Legitwafflez wrote:Old Hetfield is great, newer Hetfield, the post I took singing lessons version, to these ears sounds like Glen Danzig, sorry it's what I hear. 

To me he sounds like the guy from Nickelback.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 am

I bought JF - SU (CD) because it's not on spotify.

This is why bands shouldn't put their full albums on YouTube, Spotify/etc.

A single purchase is worth thousands and thousands of streams.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 am

As for the original question, Jimmy Brown no contest. He especially shines on his prog-rock work such as Jupiter VI and some stuff from his solo/Eraserhead work
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I bought JF - SU (CD) because it's not on spotify.

This is why bands shouldn't put their full albums on YouTube, Spotify/etc.

A single purchase is worth thousands and thousands of streams.
I get it, personally buying CDs to collect dust is not worth it for me or finding the space. I try to support by going to concerts or buying a T-shirt. I purchased tshirts from Crimson Moonlight and Drottnar at Audiofeed a few years ago I seen the struggle firsthand as these guys were barely able to get the money to fly back home. They'll unfortunately probably never be able to return to the US again.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:49 am

Hetfield, though it's close in all areas and I prefer Jimmy's singing.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:50 am

Pethead wrote:Dude, you gotta stop telling people to listen to stuff as if they haven’t. 😂
Very Happy
The way to get around this is say "look at" instead of "listen to".
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Greg Fulton has a better right-hand than Het.

Yeah he's an amazing rhythm player. The riffing in both Znöwhite and Cyclone Temple albums is top notch. He can do very fast razor sharp thrash riffing and then put melodic more "airy" nwobhm type riffing on top of it and get back to razor sharp thrash - and there is constantly a sense of him being completely in control.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Temple of Blood like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:51 am

Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
It also doesn't have Hear What I Say or the first two Seventh Angel albums
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:53 am

Black Rider wrote:It's not even the best Metallica album.
I honestly don't understand anyone putting Ride above Master and Justice... RtL is amazing of course, but it seems like the other two have everything it does but better...
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:53 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
It also doesn't have Hear What I Say or the first two Seventh Angel albums
I know...  Crying or Very sad
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:54 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Black Rider wrote:It's not even the best Metallica album.
I honestly don't understand anyone putting Ride above Master and Justice... RtL is amazing of course, but it seems like the other two have everything it does but better...
Yes. Also just the prod is so much better on MOP and AJFA. (the missing bass is not a prod issue but a mastering and ear abuse issue.)
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:02 am

Here's the thing with me on Metallica, every time I get asked what kind of music I'm into I get "oh I like metal too, Metallica, and when I mention other bands I get blank stares. It's not their fault they got huge but a lot of their fans don't believe there's anything else out there.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next