The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Christian Thrash Album

+7
TZ75
Black Rider
Ammocas
seth
StevenCressler
Pethead
Christian Thrash Rules
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BCTA

Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Best Christian Thrash Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Christian Thrash Album

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

Scrolls is death metal.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 am

TZ75 wrote:Weapons of Our Warfare is the best and most powerful Christian thrash album. Jimmy’s crunchy rhythm is the best in the business. Just as good (if not better) than Hetfield. Weapons is the Christian answer to Master of Puppets. 

My second favorite is Psycho Surgery. So creative and diverse!

Living Sacrifice s/t is third. Slayer’s little brother. 

Haunts of Violence is next. Powerful and technical riffs! 

I would have put The Crucified s/t first 20 years ago… but I know it’s more punk than thrash. I still love it though! I’m surprised Pillars of Humanity isn’t on the list. It’s more thrash!
Pillars should have been on there. And your WooW description is perfect, the closest Christian music has gotten to the quality of MoP.

And PS has my #1 Christian song (Broken Chromosomes)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am

Voted for POD, but I'd put Vengeance Rising--Once Dead, Crucified--Pillars, and Detritus--If But For One above everything on this list except for the other 2 Tourniquet, Crucified--s/t, Living Sacrifice, and Sanity Obscure.  All those are equally awesome to my ears.  The best thrash ever made, along with Metallica and Slayer in the 80s.

Used to love Deliverance back in the day too, but Jimmy's vocals irritate me too much now.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 am

Mortification s/t is also tops for me, but I don't really think of it as thrash due to the vocals.  Musically, yes.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 am

strangerhoncho wrote:Voted for POD, but I'd put Vengeance Rising--Once Dead, Crucified--Pillars, and Detritus--If But For One above everything on this list except for the other 2 Tourniquet, Crucified--s/t, Living Sacrifice, and Sanity Obscure.  All those are equally awesome to my ears.  The best thrash ever made, along with Metallica and Slayer in the 80s.

Used to love Deliverance back in the day too, but Jimmy's vocals irritate me too much now.
Wait... you like VR... but you get irritated by JIMMY'S voice?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 am

StevenCressler wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:Voted for POD, but I'd put Vengeance Rising--Once Dead, Crucified--Pillars, and Detritus--If But For One above everything on this list except for the other 2 Tourniquet, Crucified--s/t, Living Sacrifice, and Sanity Obscure.  All those are equally awesome to my ears.  The best thrash ever made, along with Metallica and Slayer in the 80s.

Roger fans are a different breed, man…  Razz
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:38 am

Boo!, no Betrayal
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Black Rider wrote:At least you're joking.
Yeah, I did think it was kind of funny that he was telling you to listen to a Megadeth song 😂
I meant listen and pay attention to the lyrics. 90% people don't listen to the lyrics being sung.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am

TZ75 wrote:I would have put The Crucified s/t first 20 years ago… but I know it’s more punk than thrash. I still love it though! I’m surprised Pillars of Humanity isn’t on the list. It’s more thrash!
That's the 2nd TC album right? I haven't listened.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am

Pethead wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Roger fans are a different breed, man…  Razz
And, like, I could maybe forgive him if it was Guy, Gary, or Luke... or if it was Kurt Bachman... or Ian Arkley... but Jimmy? He's got one of the most un-irritating voices in Christian metal... I honestly don't understand how 😂
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I would have put The Crucified s/t first 20 years ago… but I know it’s more punk than thrash. I still love it though! I’m surprised Pillars of Humanity isn’t on the list. It’s more thrash!
That's the 2nd TC album right? I haven't listened.
Then you know what to do now Wink
If you liked the first one, you'll love this one... maybe even if you didn't like the first one!
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 am

StevenCressler wrote:And your WooW description is perfect, the closest Christian music has gotten to the quality of MoP.
I'm not sure about that. The rhythm is awesome on WOOW but nothing can ever come close to James. I've tried and nearly played through all 8 1/2 minutes of MOP by only down picking (the exact way James plays) but around the 3 1/2 minute mark my arm felt like it was going to fall off. JAMES can play 2 1/2 hour shows no problem. (I would say "without breaking a sweat" but I've seen 'Tallica live once)
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 am

Have you listened to The Subversive Kind? It's just as awesome as WOOW but with better vocals imo.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 am

Have you listened to The Subversive Kind? It's just as awesome as WOOW but with better vocals imo.
No way, man. TSK has nowhere near the hooks of WoOW.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:59 am

StevenCressler wrote:

I understand. I don't see why y'all don't like Roger, he's great. Jimmy is also awesome and doesn't IRRITATE me, but it does sound a little silly at times. I play Christian Thrash stuff for my dad sometimes (the heaviest he ever got into was P.O.D, the band not album) because I love it and he doesn't and his reactions are awesome. He laughed at the first high note in WOOW, he thinks PS is everyone doing their own thing at the same time. It's so funny.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 pm

StevenCressler wrote:

I understand. I don't see why y'all don't like Roger, he's great. Jimmy is also awesome and doesn't IRRITATE me, but it does sound a little silly at times. I play Christian Thrash stuff for my dad sometimes (the heaviest he ever got into was P.O.D, the band not album) because I love it and he doesn't and his reactions are awesome. He laughed at the first high note in WOOW, he thinks PS is everyone doing their own thing at the same time. It's so funny.
Fair point. I remember playing WoOW for someone and they were liking it fine until we got to "Are not CARNAL!!!!!!" And that was the end of that.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm

Pethead wrote:

I didn't say it did. I said it's as awesome. Musically I prefer WOOW, but vocally I def take TSK. Also I noticed how everyone abbreviates Weapons Of Our Warfare differently, WOOW, WooW, WoOW, woow.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 pm

Pethead wrote:

I didn't say it did. I said it's as awesome. Musically I prefer WOOW, but vocally I def take TSK. Also I noticed how everyone abbreviates Weapons Of Our Warfare differently, WOOW, WooW, WoOW, woow.
Yes, but my abbreviation is grammatically correct and so should be standardized.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm

He laughed at the first high note in WOOW, he thinks PS is everyone doing their own thing at the same time. It's so funny.
He's not wrong.  It does feel like a band who's not sure what it wants to do and is trying to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:He's not wrong.  It does feel like a band who's not sure what it wants to do and is trying to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.
Sorry, what’s this in reference to? I’m confused and the coffee is wearing off…
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
He laughed at the first high note in WOOW, he thinks PS is everyone doing their own thing at the same time. It's so funny.
He's not wrong.  It does feel like a band who's not sure what it wants to do and is trying to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.
Gotcha. I love PS—it’s one of my favorites—but I get the critique.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 pm

TQT with Guy and Gary has a bit of a jazz feel but somehow they make it work.

The Subversive Kind has almost Exodus style vocals but I prefer his Stay style.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 pm

Black Rider wrote:TQT with Guy and Gary has a bit of a jazz feel but somehow they make it work.

The Subversive Kind has almost Exodus style vocals but I prefer his Stay style.
The vocals on WAJ are pretty good
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 pm

StevenCressler wrote:

Yep!  I don't like opera, David Bowie, power metal, or any of the other influences on Jimmy, so...yeah, it's just too dramatic for me.  I can appreciate Roger's craziness, though.  Go figure.  I like horror movies.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 pm

Superjuice wrote:Boo!, no Betrayal
Oh yeah, I forgot them too -- I'd put either of their albums in the top 10 too.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2