The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Christian Friendly Metal Album That's Not Actually Christian

+12
Constantine
Black Rider
Airola
MagnusPrime
Kerrick
WildWorld
seth
TZ75
Pethead
StevenCressler
Temple of Blood
Christian Thrash Rules
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most Christian Friendly Metal Album That's Not Actually Christian - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Christian Friendly Metal Album That's Not Actually Christian

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

Are you kidding? Where do I start?

Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Deicide all have LITERALLY TONS of stuff that the whole family can enjoy.

You guys are really clueless sometimes.

Rolling Eyes
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Most Christian Friendly Metal Album That's Not Actually Christian - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Christian Friendly Metal Album That's Not Actually Christian

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Pethead wrote:That’s more or less what I was trying to say, but ToB was more direct.

I don't think anyone has ever accused TOB of being less than direct.   Razz

It's always been the secret to my popularity.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider, Kerrick, Pethead, MagnusPrime, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:Are you kidding? Where do I start?

Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Deicide all have LITERALLY TONS of stuff that the whole family can enjoy.

Rolling Eyes
I resent that. 

I’m clueless MOST of the time.

It’s why I’m so cheerful.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Rolling Eyes
You forgot about Mayhem
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Black Rider, Kerrick, Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

StevenCressler wrote:

Rolling Eyes
You forgot about Mayhem

Most Christian Friendly Metal Album That's Not Actually Christian - Page 2 Ddd62d70c5a65f59398d45f36ebaf39d
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Are there any other Megadeth albums besides UA and TSHF that have Christian-ish lyrics?

Not Christian but you can tell Dave was searching in the lyrics of I Thought I Knew It All from Youthanasia.

And Dread and the Fugitive Mind from The World Needs a Hero is basically a "Pascal's wager" song.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Can't believe Celtic Frost hasn't been mentioned. Their album is even called Monotheist.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

Binary Creed - Dominion is easily the best non-Christian Christian album I've ever heard.   
Lyrics are surprisingly deep.   The music is prog metal, from Sweden.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Black Rider wrote:Can't believe Celtic Frost hasn't been mentioned. Their album is even called Monotheist.
And they have an album title in Koine Greek!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 pm

Trouble’s first two albums are basically Christian. The content is mostly inspired from the Bible. 

They were marketed as “white metal” in the early 80’s.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:37 am

Megadeth Dystopia talks about the current state of the world, so maybe it should be mentioned. 

Adriangale is not a Christian band and has some christian lyrics like the song Faith.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckster13 Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:17 am

How about Extreme - 3 Sides to Every Story?  A very underrated album with some great lyrics.

Beckster13
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:06 am

This rings a bell.... I've seen this thread before... and it didn't end too well from memory...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:09 am

Dustofyears wrote:This rings a bell.... I've seen this thread before... and it didn't end too well from memory...

You’re telling me! LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:54 pm

Denet - Terrestrial Dying

Glacier - S/T

Ghosty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:58 pm

Ghosty wrote:Denet - Terrestrial Dying

Glacier - S/T

Welcome to CMR Ghosty!

I've been curious about Glacier after stumbling upon them some years ago.  What do you know about them?  They're not a Christian band after all?

Tyrant
Tyrant

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:46 pm

Pretty much any Testament album is “safe” enough for a Christian to listen to. 

Even the Demonic album is not what it seems… the actual song is called (Demonic Refusal). It was just marketing to make it seem “darker”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Ghosty wrote:Denet - Terrestrial Dying

Glacier - S/T

Welcome to CMR Ghosty!

I've been curious about Glacier after stumbling upon them some years ago.  What do you know about them?  They're not a Christian band after all?
Thank you, Kerrick. Glad to be here.

As far as I know, they never identified themselves as a Christian band. They changed their name to Devil in Disguise around 2017 or so, because they didn't have the rights to Glacier. Then around 2019-2020 they got the blessing of the other founding members to use the name Glacier again. Their last album "The Passing of Time" has no real hint of any Christian leanings either. That is pretty much all I know  Most Christian Friendly Metal Album That's Not Actually Christian - Page 2 1f44d.

Ghosty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Yesterday at 12:48 pm

Right on, thanks for the info!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Yesterday at 6:46 pm

Kerrick wrote:Right on, thanks for the info!
Anytime, bro.

Virgin Steele is also another Christian friendly band. Most of their albums are about ancient history/mythology. They have songs that lean Christian, like "The Angel of Light" from their Noble Savage album for instance.

Ghosty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2