The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bands or albums you can't get into...

+20
crucifyd
ChristianDeathMetal
Lex Metalis
TZ75
Constantine
Fundy
Raegoul
MagnusPrime
alldatndensum
Dustofyears
scottmitchell74
Grindboy
Pethead
Frozen Fire
Second Wind
Black Rider
Ammocas
mothy
Temple of Blood
Soldier777
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bands or albums you can't get into... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bands or albums you can't get into...

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:12 am

Theocracy
Whitecross
Sacred Warrior ( I bought Master Command, but after one songand half, I stopped the player and trade the album for other 3  - from other bands - that I liked most, lol)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Bands or albums you can't get into... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bands or albums you can't get into...

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:21 am

I had the first 3 Brave albums (Battle Cries, Trust and Rise) and sold them. I can't get into Evie and Grave Digger. I got Battle Cries CD in the mail on Monday the reissued version. I'm glad I did. It's a pretty decent album similar to Petra and Guardian with good hooks. Not a face melter but a solid album. It appears at this point that is the only album I like from them. I also have the vinyl on order. 

I mostly buy all the releases of the bands in my collection but there are a few I like certain albums (Brave, first 2 Messiah Prophet, King James debut and Maximus, Impellitteri everything except for System X and Pedal to the Metal, Desyre Glamtrom, Whiteheart everything from Don't Wait From the Movie to Redemption and a few other bands.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:59 pm

Lots of Christian and secular metal bands that tried to stay relevent and make the transition from 80s/90s good metal and thrash into 90s/00s nu/grunge/whatever...  

Most black metal.  Althogh there are a couple of exceptions. (A Hill to Die Upon, Slechtvalk)

Anything with pig squeals...
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

Temple of Blood and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:16 pm

Theocracy
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:47 am

I couldn't ever get into Sacred Warrior. Never clicked for me.
And the older I've gotten, I've found that I have a hard time going back to the bands I used to listen to all the time.
Divinefire, Narnia, Deliverance, Vengeance Rising, and Mortification to name a few. Stuff just doesn't hold my attention musically.
My tastes have changed significantly. Someone said earlier that newer music isn't as good as it used to be, and I have to wholeheartedly disagree. There's more variety now, people are willing to experiment with new combinations, and I find that interesting and enjoyable personally.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:59 am

I liked a lot of 80s Rock or Sleaze Rock...but the Christian versions of those kinds of bands I never could get into. Many bands like Bride, or Holy Soldier, come off generic. The heavier bands like Tourniquet and Deliverance do not have the cheese factor.
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:04 am

Machine Fish wrote:I couldn't ever get into Sacred Warrior. Never clicked for me.
And the older I've gotten, I've found that I have a hard time going back to the bands I used to listen to all the time.
Divinefire, Narnia, Deliverance, Vengeance Rising, and Mortification to name a few. Stuff just doesn't hold my attention musically.
My tastes have changed significantly. Someone said earlier that newer music isn't as good as it used to be, and I have to wholeheartedly disagree. There's more variety now, people are willing to experiment with new combinations, and I find that interesting and enjoyable personally.
The opposite is true for me, most of the old stuff still hits the point while most new stuff doesn‘t do anything. I am aware it‘s nostalgia. I also think it might be because I didn‘t listen to the old stuff for 25 years and am kinda rediscovering it. Might be different if I had listened to it all these years, perhaps I would have been fed up by now.

Bahana wrote:I liked a lot of 80s Rock or Sleaze Rock...but the Christian versions of those kinds of bands I never could get into. Many bands like Bride, or Holy Soldier, come off generic. The heavier bands like Tourniquet and Deliverance do not have the cheese factor.
Nothing beats those Holy Soldier ballads, cheesier than a Swiss cheese fondue.  Laughing
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Machine Fish likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:10 am

Raegoul wrote:
Machine Fish wrote:I couldn't ever get into Sacred Warrior. Never clicked for me.
The opposite is true for me, most of the old stuff still hits the point while most new stuff doesn‘t do anything. I am aware it‘s nostalgia. I also think it might be because I didn‘t listen to the old stuff for 25 years and am kinda rediscovering it. Might be different if I had listened to it all these years, perhaps I would have been fed up by now.
Part of it is that I do listen to music constantly during the workweek. And I've been doing that since 2005 when I first got a job. Probably on my end it's burnout on a lot of these groups, lol.
But, I do very much stand by my statement, I enjoy newer music. That however doesn't mean I think the classics are bad. I enjoy them equally, I have quite a range of musical taste.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:14 pm

I could never get into Theocracy. It's quality music, I can see, but it doesn't get deep into my heart of stone.
I am impressed to see how much love they have around here (CMR)
I am not fan of these power metal bands, anyway...

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:22 pm

Seventh Angel -- Lament for the Weary wrote:Again, love The Torment and even The Dust of Years. Maybe 2 tracks on here that I like, but poeple seem to love it.

Wow, I find this hard to believe!  This is one of the greatest Christian thrash albums ever.  The musicianship, the song writing, lyrics, emotion, story...  Hits on all accounts.  
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

Temple of Blood, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:26 pm

ChristianDeathMetal wrote:
Seventh Angel -- Lament for the Weary wrote:Again, love The Torment and even The Dust of Years. Maybe 2 tracks on here that I like, but poeple seem to love it.

Wow, I find this hard to believe!  This is one of the greatest Christian thrash albums ever.  The musicianship, the song writing, lyrics, emotion, story...  Hits on all accounts.  
I think Lament is a great album, but it's not one I find myself spinning that often. I'm more likely to thrown on The Torment if I want to hear SA.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

ChristianDeathMetal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:15 pm

I took as a premise of the thread that other people DID really like whatever would be mentioned as something that you couldn't get into, so so I know a lot of people really loved this one, but I just couldn't. Didn't love the songs, hated the guitar tone, loved the cover but it was a real letdown for me, anyway. Glad you like it, I wish I did too!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:11 pm

Bruh learn how to quote. I thought there was a user called Seventh Angel Lament for the Weary hating on Seventh Angel Lament for the Weary. Took me a minute to figure it out.  Embarassed
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm

Raegoul wrote:

Bruh learn how to quote. I thought there was a user called Seventh Angel Lament for the Weary hating on Seventh Angel Lament for the Weary. Took me a minute to figure it out.  Embarassed

Heh, yeah, I saw the post and thought "that sounds like me" but didn't see my name before figuring out that it was in fact me.

Although I think Ian did used to show up here once in a while, like 10 or so years ago?

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 pm

^Yup he's still got an account here but hasn't visited for a long time.  After departing from the faith, I wouldn't expect to see him here again, though do still hope and pray for repentance!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:46 pm

Kerrick wrote:^Yup he's still got an account here but hasn't visited for a long time.  After departing from the faith, I wouldn't expect to see him here again, though do still hope and pray for repentance!

No!! I hate hearing that. Any known reason given? 

In a weird intersection of my passions, I ran across him on a Nguage model railway forum and subscribe to his YouTube railway channel. He's quite good at it.

https://www.youtube.com/@Elvinley
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:57 pm

I'm not sure, though I remember around the time when that news came out he was publicly very harsh towards Christians.  I think he saw a lot of hypocrisy and judgment (real or perceived, justified or not - I don't know).  He's a good guy though and I wish him the best - specifically to be able to call him a brother in Christ!

That's cool about the trains though; I know he's really into that.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:52 pm

I like Bride's early stuff and their stuff from This is It until around Incorruptible and then everything after that just seems bland and/or like they just were winging it. It's like they lost their mojo. Same with Stryper after Fallen. It's like they are just releasing stuff to stay relevant or make money. They should have retired while they were still at the top of their game. It's like Tom Brady...they stayed 1 season too long hahaha

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3