The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open The Eye (progressive doom/death metal)

2 posters

Go down

Open The Eye (progressive doom/death metal) Empty Open The Eye (progressive doom/death metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:11 pm

Does anyone know if Open The Eye ever did any more music?  I remember stumbling upon them on Vials Of Wrath's FB page years ago but never heard anything since.  This was a side project of Aaron Macemore of Bloodline Severed.  Their one song is pretty cool.  (WARNING: some PG-13 level violence in the video.)

From youtube:

Open The Eye wrote:What is Open the Eye?
It's a self expression of how I view the world in a musical and visual perspective. OtE is for those who are to the point of no return. It's either a life of pure despair or Christ. The people like myself who see such hopelessness in the world, in themselves, in men that they either choose to end it or choose the only true hope any of us have. OtE will bring the darkness to the listener/viewer and then turn on the light.

My intent is for the experience to focus solely on the message within the music. Being a studio project only I look forward to sharing future bodies of work loosely being called 'proPAGANda indoctriNATION" & "Fall from Sovereignty."

My hope is to share the music for free, the truth only cost time. Time is far more valuable than the paper we call money. Just use your time to research and seek truth, it truly is freeing.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Open The Eye (progressive doom/death metal) Empty Re: Open The Eye (progressive doom/death metal)

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:12 pm

I posted on FB and a couple of Aaron's past bandmembers responded with some good info:

Derek Corzine wrote:He wrote a couple more several years ago but hasn't done anything with them at all. The music he's focusing on now is called Sond

Sond is progressive rock/metal. They were called Screams in Silence when I was playing drums for them. They have a different vocalist & other band members and changed their name to Sond.

DC Mills wrote:Spoke with Aaron recently. He is really busy musically, but Open The Eye seems to have disappeared from the radar. Derek is right that SOND is his main priority right now, but it seems Bloodline Severed is also regrouping (of which is was/is a main guitarist), and he also has been experimenting with dark, folk acoustic music and bluegrass under the name Chaplain AM Mace. Aaron Macemore is a very talented guy so he is always got something going on. 😉
https://www.facebook.com/screamsinsilenceband
https://www.youtube.com/@ChaplainAMMace

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Open The Eye (progressive doom/death metal) Empty Re: Open The Eye (progressive doom/death metal)

Post by mothy Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:14 pm

Kerrick wrote:I posted on FB and a couple of Aaron's past bandmembers responded with some good info:

Derek Corzine wrote:He wrote a couple more several years ago but hasn't done anything with them at all. The music he's focusing on now is called Sond

Sond is progressive rock/metal. They were called Screams in Silence when I was playing drums for them. They have a different vocalist & other band members and changed their name to Sond.

DC Mills wrote:Spoke with Aaron recently. He is really busy musically, but Open The Eye seems to have disappeared from the radar. Derek is right that SOND is his main priority right now, but it seems Bloodline Severed is also regrouping (of which is was/is a main guitarist), and he also has been experimenting with dark, folk acoustic music and bluegrass under the name Chaplain AM Mace. Aaron Macemore is a very talented guy so he is always got something going on. 😉
https://www.facebook.com/screamsinsilenceband
https://www.youtube.com/@ChaplainAMMace
Thanks, SOND sounds promising
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down