The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]?

+27
Gorship
CrimsonWarrior
ChosenNightwolf
Raegoul
a_donkey-named-kevin
MagnusPrime
Grind4christ
Dustofyears
Friday13th
FAIRWARNING
oldschooldoom
stevegarveyfan
Lex Metalis
My Awesome Timothy
BaleMaster
alldatndensum
scottmitchell74
bgsully
Sevenoneself
Temple of Blood
crucifyd
Black Rider
Ammocas
mothy
Machine Fish
Kerrick
Pethead
31 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]?

Post by Pethead Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:25 pm

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 40 515im+QAO7L._SY580_
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]?

Post by mothy Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 pm

Raegoul wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Pethead wrote:
mothy wrote:Vengeance Rising - Released Upon the Earth (remaster)

I only have my old rip from the original and this is so much better. On the old the bass and low end just took over and muddied everything. Its actually listenable for me now.
I’ve come around to viewing that as their best album.

That's where I am too, with Destruction Comes as #2.
I’d probably go HS as #2, but I do like the no-nonsense style of DC. And I’ve said it before, but I find Roger’s vox significantly better on the last two than the first two.
Nice to see DC getting some love. RutE is such a dope record as well, yet so underrated. I love Once Dead because it was my first Vengeance record and you can‘t deny HS was groundbreaking but both DC and RutE have their merits and imo stand proudly next to the first two records that have undisputed classic status. I assume a lot of the latter albums being snobbed or disregarded had to do with Rogers antics and the bad press that went with it so people assumed the music would suck too (or wanted it to suck and, thus, only saw the negative aspects but not the merits). Anyway that‘s me rambling, nevermind.
I purchased all the VR albums when they were released and enjoyed them at the time. The downfalls of DC and Released are nothing to do with Rogers turn from Faith or even his attitude etc but the overall production. People say they matured after OD but I feel the production and mixing on DC and Released are way worse now with the said the remasters seemed to have fixed that.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:29 pm

mothy wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Pethead wrote:

I only have my old rip from the original and this is so much better. On the old the bass and low end just took over and muddied everything. Its actually listenable for me now.

I’d probably go HS as #2, but I do like the no-nonsense style of DC. And I’ve said it before, but I find Roger’s vox significantly better on the last two than the first two.
Nice to see DC getting some love. RutE is such a dope record as well, yet so underrated. I love Once Dead because it was my first Vengeance record and you can‘t deny HS was groundbreaking but both DC and RutE have their merits and imo stand proudly next to the first two records that have undisputed classic status. I assume a lot of the latter albums being snobbed or disregarded had to do with Rogers antics and the bad press that went with it so people assumed the music would suck too (or wanted it to suck and, thus, only saw the negative aspects but not the merits). Anyway that‘s me rambling, nevermind.
I purchased all the VR albums when they were released and enjoyed them at the time. The downfalls of DC and Released are nothing to do with Rogers turn from Faith or even his attitude etc but the overall production. People say they matured after OD but I feel the production and mixing on DC and Released are way worse now with the said the remasters seemed to have fixed that.
I’m with you on DC, but the production on RutE never bothered me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:42 pm

Pethead wrote:
mothy wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Pethead wrote:

I’m with you on DC, but the production on RutE never bothered me.
I liked it at the time but the bass and drums overwhelmed everything in the original mix. The remaster is so much more balanced to me
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:00 pm

Sombre Holiday - The Failed Sun

Tyrant
Tyrant

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:25 pm

My Silent Wake - Shadow of Sorrow
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:33 pm

mothy wrote:Oh good I was almost afraid to ask lol.

Bliidgood S/T and Detonation shuffle.

Man those first 2 had an early IM energy to them.

Bliidgood? Is that a German band? Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:17 pm

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 40 Bd173ed183af57052364cec5a3d3ada8.600x600x1
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:19 pm

No its Comanche Indian for "man who can't type on phone"
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Pethead, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:31 pm

Today:

Eternal Emperor - Südwärts
Eulogium - The Transcendence of Hope
Opus Majestic - Wandering Thy Sacred Path in the Land of Dreams

Armando Lopez (Eulogium) is an amazing black metal vocalist.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:47 am

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 40 Eulogies_Wolves_at_the_Gate

Wolves at the Gate: Eulogies
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:50 am

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 40 REZ-DMZ
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:43 pm

True Strength - The House, The Holy, The Third
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:48 pm

I tried the remaster of Destruction Comes and the vocals even on the remaster are just a mess to me. He sings way to fast and sounds like he has a mouth full of cotton balls.

Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:00 pm

Trinity - Memories Of The Ancient Presence

So good.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:44 am

Deliverance - Stay of Execution

-------

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=13580
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40