The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residential Schools - Canada's ugly past....

4 posters

Go down

Residential Schools - Canada's ugly past.... Empty Residential Schools - Canada's ugly past....

Post by Soldier777 Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:42 am

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT TO RAISE AWARENESS

I'm not sure of folks here from Europe and the US and other places get Canadian news, but Residential Schools were,

"government-sponsored religious schools that were established to assimilate Indigenous children into Euro-Canadian culture. Although the first residential facilities were established in New France, the term usually refers to schools established after 1880. Residential schools were created by Christian churches and the Canadian government as an attempt to both educate and convert Indigenous youth and to assimilate them into Canadian society. However, the schools disrupted lives and communities, causing long-term problems among Indigenous peoples."

I want to say that it was run by Roman Catholic churches. Over this summer, there were several unmarked graves found throughout Canada and the government established a National Day of Reconciliation. Residential Schools were used in other countries (I'm not sure if they used the Canadian version or if they came up with their own idea from the Catholic Church to segregate certian ethnic groups). 

Native and Inuit children were forced out of their homes and put in these schools and were mistreated and sometimes murdered. I heard one case where a Native woman, likely a teen gave birth and they threw the baby in a stove. These kids were severly beaten and tortured. In the US we hear about Racism between Whites and blacks or hispanics. In Canada it sometimes involves the natives. I wonder if I have Native blood in me. I have white skin but I have relatives that are darker skin and have features of Native people. I never had that determined and I may one day. Regardless, I knew about the Residential Schools years ago and the Canadian government will never be in the position to harshly judge other nations for their crimes like Nazi Germany, Communist China, etc. 

If you want more informaiton here are some articles:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-residential-schools-kamloops-faq-1.6051632

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system

https://www.anishinabek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/An-Overview-of-the-IRS-System-Booklet.pdf (gruesome details are given starting on page 5)

Why am I doing this: To raise awareness and to show one example of the difference between false Christianity and True Christianity (loving and caring for others and not ripping small children from their homes and not mistreating them). Some of the things they did makes me sick to my stomach. It also gives the media an excuse to critize Christianity when waht was done is not True Christainity. Tell your friends and neighbours about this and if you see a Native person, show them the love of Jesus. Canada, like the US and Israel, was supposed to be country where all are welcomed based on Judeo-Christainity as immigrants came here to escape the wars and inquisitions in Europe and for new business opportunities. Canada has seriously went way off that path over the past 200-300 years whe it was a colony of Britian and Fance and when it became an indepentent nation in 1867. 
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Residential Schools - Canada's ugly past.... Empty Re: Residential Schools - Canada's ugly past....

Post by Superjuice Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:31 pm

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Residential Schools - Canada's ugly past.... Empty Re: Residential Schools - Canada's ugly past....

Post by Constantine Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:12 pm

Yes, some of this turned out to be false and extremely damaging propaganda.  
As a result, many churches were burned and destroyed by angry mobs, and that turned out to be an incredible injustice because it turned they were not guilty of the things they were accused of.  But just like here in America, it's fine to be on the left side of the equation and pillage and destroy, there will be zero consequences from a totalitarian governmental system that caters to you.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, alldatndensum, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:14 pm

Entering this discussion is like stepping out into a minefield...

While there may be some exaggerated accounts, Soldier777 is correct that in recent years many mass graves of first nations residential school students have been found.  These kids were forcibly  taken from their homes and spent years and years at these schools. Many were physically & sexually abused. The deaths, and the lack of compassion shown by Canadians, is absolutely tragic and horrific.

I personally know a few people who attended these schools, as some of them were running as recent as the 1970's. Just this spring I was fortunate to play music with, and visit with, some Christians (both first nations and white) who continue to minister the gospel to survivors of the abuse.

It is a very complex issue. I don't know how to solve it. The Canadian gov't has done a straight-up horrible job through the years. And the first nations people, as a whole, have in-turn responded poorly.

Sorry that I don't have more to say than to simply pass on true information. IMHO, Soldier777 is right to raise awareness of the issue.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Guenther321 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down