The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My past week

4 posters

Go down

My past week Empty My past week

Post by Markus1987 Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:44 am

The past week wasn't really good for me. It really had it's downs. Basically the situation was, that I tried to contact with this one girl. We had a discussion, and we ended up having a strife. I tried to contact her a couple of days later, yet things went pretty much the same way. Or more worse. And this all happened within half a week :/ . At the end she wished me good luck to the process of finding a wife. Haven't heard from her since.

I can't tell all the details, 'cause it really is between me and her. But if you guys can keep this in your prayers, it'll be very much appreciated.

A couple of days later I felt like God was speaking to me, and He told me to write this poetry:

When your soul is broken, look to His broken body

When your heart is wounded, look to His wounds

No matter what the situation is, always turn your eyes to the Cross

First I thought, that what's this all about. To whom I was writing? After I wrote this down,  I realized something. It wasn't for somebody else. God was using this gift of writing to spoke to ME!!. Now I realize, that what I felt was a personal loss may turn to be a big win in God's ways. I was reminded about to ALWAYS  look to the Cross, no matter what the situation is.  And though I had this strife with that girl, I was given the opportunity to share some Word from the Bible to her.

Do I know what the future has in store for me? No, I don't. But what I know is that God will open the right doors for me to walk. And He is always there and always in time.

I just felt to share this with you, guys. We all have our ups and downs. But we can always turn our eyes to the Cross.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

My past week Empty Re: My past week

Post by Andreas89 Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:19 am

Praying for you brother. Times of brokenheartedness are enriching and instructive, but still there's a little piece of hell to go through in which those things will hardly matter. Those benefits are by no means "shortcuts" or "cheat codes" to get out of this. The content of your poetry is of way bigger importance, don't ever forget about it.

But let this be some kind of short-term gain for you: by sharing this you also move me to more and more act according to your words. So thanks for sharing Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:54 am

Andreas89 wrote:Praying for you brother. Times of brokenheartedness are enriching and instructive, but still there's a little piece of hell to go through in which those things will hardly matter. Those benefits are by no means "shortcuts" or "cheat codes" to get out of this. The content of your poetry is of way bigger importance, don't ever forget about it.

But let this be some kind of short-term gain for you: by sharing this you also move me to more and more act according to your words. So thanks for sharing Smile
Thanks, man Smile . It's been tough times, to say the least. And it really isn't easy to see things the way I've now learned to see.  Not at all. To me it's a daily decision. To be honest, when those mentioned strifes happened, I felt a bit bitter and angry. It wasn't an easy burden to bear.  But at the end it was a lesson to be learned. I see it now.

But yeah, there are no shortcuts when you are going through things like this. It may take some time to go through this.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 am

And take your time! More distance in time may mean many more lessons to learn from this that I have no clue of Wink
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:21 am

Markus1987 wrote:The past week wasn't really good for me. It really had it's downs. Basically the situation was, that I tried to contact with this one girl. We had a discussion, and we ended up having a strife. I tried to contact her a couple of days later, yet things went pretty much the same way. Or more worse. And this all happened within half a week :/ . At the end she wished me good luck to the process of finding a wife. Haven't heard from her since.

I can't tell all the details, 'cause it really is between me and her. But if you guys can keep this in your prayers, it'll be very much appreciated.

A couple of days later I felt like God was speaking to me, and He told me to write this poetry:

When your soul is broken, look to His broken body

When your heart is wounded, look to His wounds

No matter what the situation is, always turn your eyes to the Cross

First I thought, that what's this all about. To whom I was writing? After I wrote this down,  I realized something. It wasn't for somebody else. God was using this gift of writing to spoke to ME!!. Now I realize, that what I felt was a personal loss may turn to be a big win in God's ways. I was reminded about to ALWAYS  look to the Cross, no matter what the situation is.  And though I had this strife with that girl, I was given the opportunity to share some Word from the Bible to her.

Do I know what the future has in store for me? No, I don't. But what I know is that God will open the right doors for me to walk. And He is always there and always in time.

I just felt to share this with you, guys. We all have our ups and downs. But we can always turn our eyes to the Cross.
Ay! I'm sorry for your pain and frustrations. Thanks for sharing your silver lining!

I think we all tend to forget about the cross. Yet it is the most vital thing. Unfortunately coming to the cross is often a cliche expression. But when if you've truly ever come to it, you realize how important that is. That said, we must all go to it daily. It is our life link to God. Without God in our lives, we quickly become useless and lost.

A little advice about relations. Remember that marriage is a picture of Christ and the church. Relationships are measured by their quality. The devil is all about bad and broken relationships. When you have a good relationship with God, you have true life. When you have a good relationship with your wife, it will have a godly quality.

So, be that godly man that you want your wife to be. If that woman is truly godly, she'll be attracted to your godliness. This is something that you may try to fake, but if you do, the relationship won't be true and the devil will have his day.

Go to the cross. Seek His grace. Ask for the grace to be godly. Seek to honor Him and he'll provide.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks, guys. So much to think about.

I also forgot to mention, that I never really met this girl. All that conversation happened through internet and whatsapp. She found me through Finnish Christian date page.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 am

I'm far from an expert on relationships, being on my second marriage and all...  but one thing I've found out is that God is in control of this.  He rarely calls someone to be a hermit, so I believe he has someone just for you Markus.

The best thing you or anyone can do regarding potential relationships is to HAVE FUN while you're meeting new people, and don't get too emotionally invested in someone until they're really looking like a potential mate. (ie: you spend regular time with them in person and you're exclusively dating each other.)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:04 am

ThomasEversole wrote:I'm far from an expert on relationships, being on my second marriage and all...  but one thing I've found out is that God is in control of this.  He rarely calls someone to be a hermit, so I believe he has someone just for you Markus.

The best thing you or anyone can do regarding potential relationships is to HAVE FUN while you're meeting new people, and don't get too emotionally invested in someone until they're really looking like a potential mate.  (ie: you spend regular time with them in person and you're exclusively dating each other.)

Thanks, man. You made a good point here.  I know He has someone just for me Smile .

Like I said before, I never met this girl in person. And there was also this distance between us. Lots of things Smile .
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down