The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to see Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tomorrow night

+3
Staybrite
Constantine
alldatndensum
7 posters

Go down

Going to see Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tomorrow night Empty Going to see Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tomorrow night

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:55 pm

I haven't seen Alice since 1990.  I have never had the chance to see any members of KISS live ever--much less the whole band.  So, this should be a treat!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Going to see Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tomorrow night Empty Re: Going to see Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tomorrow night

Post by Constantine Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:15 pm

I saw Kiss live at MSG in 1977.  I actually would have liked to see Ace Frehley live when he had Todd Howarth in the band.  Hopefully he'll at least do some of those Frehley's Comet songs.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Going to see Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tomorrow night Empty Re: Going to see Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tomorrow night

Post by Staybrite Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:14 pm

Oh man, that sounds like a killer show!  Have a blast.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 am

Constantine wrote:I saw Kiss live at MSG in 1977.  I actually would have liked to see Ace Frehley live when he had Todd Howarth in the band.  Hopefully he'll at least do some of those Frehley's Comet songs.

He did a song off of his newest album and the rest were KISS classics.  I was hoping for some Frehley's Comet action, but it didn't come.

Alice's set did not disappoint.  He did three songs off his new Detroit Stories album, and the rest were very familiar songs for Alice Cooper fans.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

deathisgain and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 pm

That sounds like a really fun show (I saw some of your live facebook stuff, but it was so loud there was a lot of sound distortion).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:09 pm

Wonder why he doesn't do any FC stuff? You'd think he'd at least do Rock Soldiers.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:49 pm

Black Rider wrote:Wonder why he doesn't do any FC stuff? You'd think he'd at least do Rock Soldiers.

Even though Ace will dog Gene Simmons for being all about the $$$, Ace knows what songs made him the most, too!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by VibratingMetal Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:57 pm

Sounds cool. I haven't seen them live, nor Kiss. But we have a radio show in Germany on radiobob with Alice Cooper in the evening which I listen to from time to time. Very good to get to know also older stuff.
Was it a big show, or a smaller place? Probably a bigger one? You do not get small locations with the great Rockers because they are too famous. I always prefer smaller locations - however not possible with certain bands. I remember the Maiden concert in a in stadium and Saxon in a smaller hall. Somehow I prefered the smaller hall. You can get rather close to the band. But you cannot change it. You will probably never again get Maiden there - and if - it will be very hard to get a ticket...

VibratingMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Kiss stuff would be fine to see, but that 1st Frehley's Comet album was a favorite of mine in the 80's.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:43 pm

Constantine wrote:I saw Kiss live at MSG in 1977.  I actually would have liked to see Ace Frehley live when he had Todd Howarth in the band.  Hopefully he'll at least do some of those Frehley's Comet songs.
Me too, I saw KISS during their mighty Love Gun tour. Arguably at their prime. Sad that Ace is still touring when he should not

AC has always been great
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:31 pm

When I posted this two years ago, Ace was sounding as good as ever.  His band was tight and his voice was strong.  Maybe he needs to rest those pipes by cutting back on touring without stopping altogether.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 pm

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:32 pm

Well he's right and just speaking common sense.  And that gets you cancelled these days.  

Meanwhile the interviewer is either complete delusional or lying when he/she says parents and other adults are not pushing their kids into this.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Staybrite, oldschooldoom, Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:00 am

Good for AC.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, oldschooldoom, Pethead, Constantine and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down