The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release

+14
Pethead
Raegoul
Black Rider
Ammocas
New Creation
Hardcore Christian
Airola
TZ75
Ted Kirkpatrick
eatbugs
BaleMaster
Frozen Fire
bodachi
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2021 11:16 pm

I'm not that into Tourniquet musically, but I respect Ted a lot and I like Michael Sweet, so I beat the timer and got a pledge in before it ends

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release

Post by TZ75 Thu May 06, 2021 9:52 pm

I’m surprised that Ted hasn’t covered Megadeth’s CTE song for one of his albums. The lyrics are very similar to his animal rights stuff like: Ark, Stereotaxic Atrocities and “Going, Going... Gone”, and he has the Marty Friedman connection. As a matter of fact, he could ask Marty to guest solo on it! 

It’s a no brainer... the subject matter is a perfect fit.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 am

I wonder if Ted has one of these? If anyone put something like this in a metal song, it would be Ted!

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:52 pm

Finally an update for this.

Ted wrote the pre-production for drums has been done and he's ready to record the drums.

Not going to be released on January 2022 as originally planned but at least it's now entering the studio recording phase.

Here's the original post:

Studio Update: The drumming pre-production is finished, meaning the drum parts have been mapped out and I'm ready to begin the actual recording. The song titles and much of the lyrics are done. I say that very matter of factly, but really excited for you guys to hear all this craziness and find out what the tunes are about! The proposed January release is certainly going to be delayed. Apologies for that. Thanks for your patience. We trust the wait will be worth it! - Ted

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:06 pm

BRING IT ON
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:29 pm

Who is on vocals?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Who is on vocals?
I’m still hoping Ted gives me a call. I’ll work for donuts.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 pm

If it was Deen Castronovo throughout, they would have something! That song was easily the best track on the last album and the vocals were the obvious reason why.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:36 pm

No idea.

I would assume that if he doesn't find someone else, it will be Ripper Owens again. Or maybe this time Deen Castronovo is available for the full album.

But there really hasn't been any talks about looking for a new vocalist. I recall for the last album Ted had an audition of sorts, but nothing came out of that except one guy ended up being a one time live vocalist. And Deen ended up being the initial choice for that album but couldn't be there for more than one song, so after quite a bit of delay Ripper got the job. That makes me think that if there aren't any auditions going on it will be Ripper.

Michael Sweet is going to do guest vocals in one song, that was promised in the Kickstarter campaign. And Aaron would be a co-vocalist as he has always been since Crawl to China (minus Where Moth and Rust Destroy as he wasn't in the band during that album). But main vocals are a complete mystery for now, maybe even for Ted.

I would kinda hope Deen Castronovo would do the job. He was great in the Gazing at Medusa title track. Ripper was great too but Deen was outstanding.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:41 pm

average joe wrote:

If it was Deen Castronovo throughout, they would have something! That song was easily the best track on the last album and the vocals were the obvious reason why.

Yeah, his performance was magical.

I played the title track to my cousin who isn't much interested in Tourniquet and he loved it and especially loved the vocals. He didn't care about the rest of the album, so that tells something about how good choice Deen really was.

Ripper was great in that he could bring back the old falsetto to the band, and Deen most certainly wouldn't have been able to bring any of that. But if I had to choose between Ripper and Deen, I'd choose Deen even if it meant losing the cool falsettos. That's how powerful his voice was.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:41 pm

Airola wrote:

Ripper was great too but Deen was outstanding.

Completely agree.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:02 pm

I would honestly love a great vocalist. I really love Ripper's vocals but I was surprised by how great he sounded with Tourniquet. He nails traditional/power metal and I wasn't sure how that would sit in the TQT sound. He did very well. On a similar note, I think Dean crushed the title track because it's straightforward style fit his vocals perfectly. Truly a fantastic song. Never the less, I still think there has to be somebody out there that's a better fit for the more thrash oriented style

In the end I'll say this, please just don't let it be Dale Thompson.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Pethead, 1620 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:07 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I would honestly love a great vocalist. I really love Ripper's vocals but I was surprised by how great he sounded with Tourniquet. He nails traditional/power metal and I wasn't sure how that would sit in the TQT sound. He did very well. On a similar note, I think Dean crushed the title track because it's straightforward style fit his vocals perfectly. Truly a fantastic song. Never the less, I still think there has to be somebody out there that's a better fit for the more thrash oriented style

Why? He’s been so inactive lately…
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:16 am

Should be interesting to see how a new TourniTed album will hold up to the Flood album. I welcome it!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:24 am

TZ75 wrote:Should be interesting to see how a new TourniTed album will hold up to the Flood album. I welcome it!
As someone who believes in the free market (the Soviets would have referred to me as a "capitalist"), I also think competition is healthy
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:02 am

bodachi wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Should be interesting to see how a new TourniTed album will hold up to the Flood album. I welcome it!
As someone who believes in the free market (the Soviets would have referred to me as a "capitalist"), I also think competition is healthy

Agreed. If it’s friendly, I see no problem. I’m sure the Lord finds it amusing.

It’s mainly clean “entertainment” for us.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:26 am

Pethead wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:I would honestly love a great vocalist. I really love Ripper's vocals but I was surprised by how great he sounded with Tourniquet. He nails traditional/power metal and I wasn't sure how that would sit in the TQT sound. He did very well. On a similar note, I think Dean crushed the title track because it's straightforward style fit his vocals perfectly. Truly a fantastic song. Never the less, I still think there has to be somebody out there that's a better fit for the more thrash oriented style

Why? He’s been so inactive lately…

lol!
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:39 pm

I would much rather hear Michael Sweet guest sing on the next Tourniquet album that Ripper. Michael has been on fire with the last few Stryper albums and his last solo album. Not to mention his Sunbomb album with Tracii Guns. His voice is top notch and he could provide some amazing screams like the old days!

The next choice would be to have Deen Castronovo do it. His song on the Medusa album was the highlight, IMO.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:04 am

Not interested.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:51 am

alldatndensum wrote:Not interested.

In what? A new Tourniquet album?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:10 am

I don't have a preference in vocalist as long as it is someone permanent.  I don't care if it is Ripper, Castronovo, Aaron Guerra, or someone completely unknown as long as they are a genuine member of the band.  Vocalist by committee is not a band, it's a project.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:25 am

eatbugs wrote:I don't have a preference in vocalist as long as it is someone permanent.  I don't care if it is Ripper, Castronovo, Aaron Guerra, or someone completely unknown as long as they are a genuine member of the band.  Vocalist by committee is not a band, it's a project.

Tourniquet is a solo project now. I just don’t see Ted dealing with another permanent member. Aaron is the exception. All proceeds go to Ted. 

Ted is a creative guy, so a lot of people are always curious what he’ll come up with. But it will probably never be a real band again.

Last edited by TZ75 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:23 am

TZ75 wrote:
eatbugs wrote:I don't have a preference in vocalist as long as it is someone permanent.  I don't care if it is Ripper, Castronovo, Aaron Guerra, or someone completely unknown as long as they are a genuine member of the band.  Vocalist by committee is not a band, it's a project.

Tourniquet is a solo project now. I just don’t see Ted dealing with another permanent member. Aaron is the exception. All proceeds go to Ted. 

Ted is a creative guy, so a lot people are always curious what he’ll come up with. But it will probably never be a real band again.

"Real band" in the traditional sense is dying anyway.  If we call Tourniquet a "project" then we have to call most bands a project.  Most bands have one leader, I'm not sure how many operate as democracies.  Having a permanent singer would prevent it from going the way of a true project.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 am

eatbugs wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Ted is a creative guy, so a lot people are always curious what he’ll come up with. But it will probably never be a real band again.

"Real band" in the traditional sense is dying anyway.  If we call Tourniquet a "project" then we have to call most bands a project.  Most bands have one leader, I'm not sure how many operate as democracies.  Having a permanent singer would prevent it from going the way of a true project.

In most cases, there are leaders. But then there are teams like Lenaire and Ritter. Or Hetfield and Ulrich.

The problem with a single visionary is that the material can become too stale and one-sided. When you have a writing team, you can bounce ideas off another person and they could suggest things you didn’t think of.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 pm

TZ75 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Not interested.

In what? A new Tourniquet album?

Exactly.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next