The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian bands in the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal that aren't Wytch Hazel...?

+7
mothy
Superjuice
Kerrick
Constantine
Black Rider
Andreas89
SwordOfAcroyear
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christian bands in the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal that aren't Wytch Hazel...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian bands in the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal that aren't Wytch Hazel...?

Post by SwordOfAcroyear Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:55 pm

Son of Nun wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:Not that I know of. It would be cool though, one of those typical chest-thumping epic heavy metal bands like Visigoth or Eternal Champion but with sound christian lyrics.

The three recent albums by Jack Starr's Burning Starr might be of interest. They aren't really a Christian band but the vocalist/lyricist is a Christian and the lyrics seem pretty positive and might be a better option than those bands.

Funny the things you learn! I love Burning Starr, but I had no idea that they were back making music or that their current lead singer was a Christian, let alone, Riot V's lead singer! Very, very interesting. I'm definitely gonna check 'em out.

SwordOfAcroyear
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Son of Nun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Christian bands in the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal that aren't Wytch Hazel...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian bands in the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal that aren't Wytch Hazel...?

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:40 pm

If you haven't heard this you might like it:

https://blackwithstars.bandcamp.com/releases

Really, check out all of Brian Day's bands, he is a talented guy:
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Brian_Day/413316
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

BaleMaster and SwordOfAcroyear like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Here's another one for you - the Atkins May Project

The band is Christian friendly / Christian Worldview in the sense that the music and lyrics are written by Paul May, formerly from the U.K. band A.N.D. who is a believer.

Al Atkins (the singer) was the original singer for Judas Priest.  
So there is a lot of U.K. traditional metal pedigree here.

The music is varied - mostly NWOBHM traditional metal as well as some biker rock, doom, epic metal, etc.

They have 4 albums out so far.  Not every song is equally good, but some are surprisingly good.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Temple of Blood and SwordOfAcroyear like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Only problem is, I don't like Atkins voice that much, otherwise these would be great.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

SwordOfAcroyear likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:37 pm

His voice is an acquired taste for sure...depending on the song though, sometimes they fit a lot better than others.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and SwordOfAcroyear like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SwordOfAcroyear Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:32 pm

I basically feel the same way as both of you; I think Atkins has a great voice for metal on the one hand but I don't know if it's the voice that best services Paul May's playing in every instance. I think they're both tremendous though and I'm glad I know about them. Just from the little I've heard, they're two powerhouses that don't necessarily always fully click. I can tell, however, that when they do click, it must be an awesome sound to behold.

BTW--I did not know about A.N.D., thanks for mentioning them as well! They seem great!

SwordOfAcroyear
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:53 pm

I believe that this is the only Christian album that A.N.D. did because I think it is the only one with Paul May:

A.N.D. - Get Real  (1994, U.K.)

The best stuff happens after the first song....

'
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, mothy and SwordOfAcroyear like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:39 am

Constantine wrote:I believe that this is the only Christian album that A.N.D. did because I think it is the only one with Paul May:

A.N.D. - Get Real  (1994, U.K.)

The best stuff happens after the first song....

'

I think Paul is on all three A.N.D. projects (there was an EP).  I think the first two happened before he was a Christian.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:43 am

Ive been listening to Within Silence latley and they have some NWOBHM vibes...to me anyhow. Definatley more of a PM thing going on but in the same vain as Riot V
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:50 am

I forgot about Atkins May. I do like them. He also did a band called Holy Rage that was good too.

Last edited by mothy on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:52 am

Soory everyone i missed the piat about it being NWOTHM.

Semi ignore but some overlap
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:18 pm

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:27 pm

Angelknight is pretty decent.  Too bad they do not seem to be a Christian band; they are Christian-friendly though.   
Some lyrics are just fantasy stuff, good Vs. evil.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Constantine wrote:Angelknight is pretty decent.  Too bad they do not seem to be a Christian band; they are Christian-friendly though.   
Some lyrics are just fantasy stuff, good Vs. evil.

Yeah they are a Good vs Evil band.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:14 pm

I don't know if anyone mentioned them yet, but both of these "older" bands have that 80's Maiden/Priest vibe.

Spittin Jonah

Septer

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:18 pm

I just saw these guys posted on FB.  I have no idea if they're a "Christian band" but seem to have some Christian themes for sure.  Either way, Wytch Hazel fans should find much to like here!

https://knightsoath.bandcamp.com/releases

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:05 pm

Really enjoyed that.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:18 pm

The more music Knight's Oath releases the more I think they really are a Christian band.

And I think they definitely fit the bill for this thread.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:29 pm

Check out :The Lightness

Their Instagram and Yourtubne pages were taken down so not sure if they are a band anymore.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:The more music Knight's Oath releases the more I think they really are a Christian band.

And I think they definitely fit the bill for this thread.

Right on, I'm glad to hear!  If you don't mind, would you share specifics?  Maybe this next Bandcamp Friday I'll make the plunge...  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2