The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMAGES OF EDEN ~ Angel Born ~ New Album 2021

+3
Constantine
Frozen Fire
My Awesome Timothy
7 posters

Go down

IMAGES OF EDEN ~ Angel Born ~ New Album 2021 Empty IMAGES OF EDEN ~ Angel Born ~ New Album 2021

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:57 pm

Fans of Images Of Eden will be delighted to know of a new album on the horizon!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

IMAGES OF EDEN ~ Angel Born ~ New Album 2021 Empty Re: IMAGES OF EDEN ~ Angel Born ~ New Album 2021

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Love that song. Triumph has some fantastic tracks in their discography.

Are there more clips that are original songs?
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

IMAGES OF EDEN ~ Angel Born ~ New Album 2021 Empty Re: IMAGES OF EDEN ~ Angel Born ~ New Album 2021

Post by Constantine Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 pm

Just f.y.i., Images Of Eden is not a Christian metal band per se.
That has been mentioned on a few websites.  They have generally positive lyrics though, maybe Christian friendly but I am not 100% sure at this time.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:16 am

Constantine wrote:Just f.y.i., Images Of Eden is not a Christian metal band per se.
That has been mentioned on a few websites.  They have generally positive lyrics though, maybe Christian friendly but I am not 100% sure at this time.

They are featured in Heaven’s Metal and have reviews on the Angelic Warlord site.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:45 am

My Awesome Timothy wrote:

They are featured in Heaven’s Metal and have reviews on the Angelic Warlord site.
Yes.  And so here is what I had read from Angelic Warlord's review of their "Rebuilding The Ruins" album:

"Do not confuse Images Of Eden with being a Christian band, but it must be noted the positive and spiritual nature of its lyrics.  While not a concept album, Rebuilding The Ruins deals with overcoming obstacles in life, making the right decisions and gaining strength in the process."

HardrockHaven.net also reviewed this album and said "You need to be careful when listening to “Images of Eden (Sunlight of the Spirit Part IV),” because if you take what they write in the literal, you will think they are a Christian Metal band. 
In brief, Images of Eden is NOT a Christian Metal band. "

Although to be fair, Angelic Warlord's later review of "Soulrise" says they are a faith-based band but are not explicit about it, and a quote from the band indicates their desire to make a general type of message that everyone can relate to:  
“Each release from Images Of Eden is a chapter in the tale of a life’s journey, dealing specifically with the trials and darkness that each of us must face in this world, each track is meant to inspire the listener to overcome these obstacles through human perseverance strengthened by guidance from above. The distinct vision that gives Images Of Eden its identity is about drawing strength and determination from faith to see us through our toughest times, but what makes Images Of Eden stand out as one of a kind is that its message is simultaneously accessible to everyone while still speaking to the listener on a very personal level.”

So while they are more vague about the faith they refer to and they do not name the person of Jesus Christ (like recent Signum Regis) I will split the difference with you on that one and concede that they seem to at least be trying to communicate some type of faith-based message.  However I will say that I read the lyrics to "Soulrise" and much of it is vague and kind of gibberish-y although at times they are more clear.

As for Heaven's Metal, they routinely cover non-Christian bands so I would not take their coverage as indicating much of anything in trying to figure out where a band is coming from.

Just trying to be careful about which bands we promote as being Christian.   I'm a bit more comfortable with this one after doing more research, but still see their lyrics as vaguely Christian.

Last edited by Constantine on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:07 am

Constantine wrote:

Yes.  And so here is what I had read from Angelic Warlord's review of their "Rebuilding The Ruins" album:

"Do not confuse Images Of Eden with being a Christian band, but it must be noted the positive and spiritual nature of its lyrics.  While not a concept album, Rebuilding The Ruins deals with overcoming obstacles in life, making the right decisions and gaining strength in the process."

HardrockHaven.net also reviewed this album and said "You need to be careful when listening to “Images of Eden (Sunlight of the Spirit Part IV),” because if you take what they write in the literal, you will think they are a Christian Metal band. 
In brief, Images of Eden is NOT a Christian Metal band. "

Although to be fair, Angelic Warlord's later review of "Soulrise" says they are a faith-based band but are not explicit about it, and a quote from the band indicates their desire to make a general type of message that everyone can relate to:  
“Each release from Images Of Eden is a chapter in the tale of a life’s journey, dealing specifically with the trials and darkness that each of us must face in this world, each track is meant to inspire the listener to overcome these obstacles through human perseverance strengthened by guidance from above. The distinct vision that gives Images Of Eden its identity is about drawing strength and determination from faith to see us through our toughest times, but what makes Images Of Eden stand out as one of a kind is that its message is simultaneously accessible to everyone while still speaking to the listener on a very personal level.”

So while they are more vague about the faith they refer to and they do not name the person of Jesus Christ (like recent Signum Regis) I will split the difference with you on that one and concede that they seem to at least be trying to communicate some type of faith-based message.

As for Heaven's Metal, they routinely cover non-Christian bands so I would not take their coverage as indicating much of anything in trying to figure out where a band is coming from.

Just trying to be careful about which bands we promote as being Christian.   I'm now more comfortable with this one though after doing more research.

Thanks for the research you did, it’s always difficult to understand where to put some bands in which thread here but personally think it’s probably worthy of being in this section.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:14 am

Thanks for the research you did, it’s always difficult to understand where to put some bands in which thread here but personally think it’s probably worthy of being in this section.
Yes I will agree with you on this one.  Yes it is sometimes very difficult to know where a band is coming from and if they should really be considered a "Christian band."   I have a MeWe group now for promoting Christian metal and have a number of public Spotify playlists, and try to be careful because I often see others call certain bands Christian when they clearly are not.  But it is never perfect and we can only do our best.  So you made the right call on this one.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ManipulatorGeneral404 Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:24 pm

To clarify this question, as a source close to the band:

Images of Eden do not bill themselves as a Christian metal band because their audience is non-believers who need to understand who God is and how he applies to their lives. They are on a secular label and have only played live with secular bands to this point that I know of, and deliberately cloak themselves to an extent so as to not appear to be an outright Christian band. However, their lyrical content is based on conversations between man and God and some very deep and profound spiritual themes are prevalent throughout the discography, but only getting more intense with the current lineup of the band starting with Soulrise and now Angel Born. I have heard the entire disc and can confirm it is terrific, and that these messages are some of the metal scene's boldest and most original in terms of content and delivery even though they fly more under the radar outwardly.

ManipulatorGeneral404
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:22 pm

I'm very skeptical of the stealth Christianity approach
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:51 am

So, they are trying to get people to know who God is and how he applied to their lives but are cloaking the message?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:49 am

^I think it comes from a [wrong, IMO] application of being "winsome" and an inverted understanding of the Holy Spirit's ability versus ours as Christians to save someone. It's no different than the mega-church youth group trying to make Christianity "cool" to attract more people to it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:30 pm

I don't even think you have to have Jesus in every song but if you're goal is to communicate about God but you don't say it, just seems odd.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ManipulatorGeneral404 Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:14 pm

I mean more regarding the fact that God is clearly speaking in every song and some songs specifically use God's name, communicating truths about who God is in a way that feels down to earth. As an example, the new song "Killing God" is God speaking to humanity about how much he loves them and how terribly it grieves him that people don't love him back, when that's all he wants.

ManipulatorGeneral404
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Right on; I haven't read their lyrics but should before I pass any judgment. Though any song from God's perspective makes me uneasy unless it's directly quoting Scripture... but I'd have to purge quite a few albums from my collection if I drew the line there.

Tyrant
Tyrant

crucifyd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down