The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debellum - Legacy of Blood (USPM / PowerThrash)

4 posters

Go down

Debellum - Legacy of Blood (USPM / PowerThrash) Empty Debellum - Legacy of Blood (USPM / PowerThrash)

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Got this CD in the mail.

I enjoy it.  Singer is quite good and reminds me of Wade Black (Crimson Glory), Joey Belladonna (Anthrax), Eric AK, or Ray Alder (fates warning).

It gets thrashy at times, thrashier than normal power metal, but it is mostly US power metal.

Angelic Warlord didn't like it much but I think it's better than that.

The production is demo-quality but I love demos.

The whole album is on YouTube: Legacy of Blood - YouTube

The singer went on to another band after this called Shadows Entwined that strikes me as more Nevermore-ish and maaaaybe Christian?

Anyone heard either of these bands?

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Debellum - Legacy of Blood (USPM / PowerThrash) Empty Re: Debellum - Legacy of Blood (USPM / PowerThrash)

Post by Constantine Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:34 pm

I have not heard of either but I like the Debellum that I'm listening to now.
Metal Archives lists their lyrics as being about "Christianity, Death, War, Chaos."

Could you tell me which you would say are more in the explicitly Christian vein?   

Reason I ask is so I can put those in some public playlists that I advertise as Christian themed songs and I don't want to mislead anyone  Thanks.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Debellum - Legacy of Blood (USPM / PowerThrash) Empty Re: Debellum - Legacy of Blood (USPM / PowerThrash)

Post by Black Rider Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:53 pm

I've listened to Debellum, it's pretty good and I wish someone would remaster it, needs more oomph.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:08 pm

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Added via YouTube Music!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:25 pm

So this song I posted I think is great.

I don't think any fan of stuff like old Judas Priest, Metal Church, or Flotsam and Jetsam would dislike it.

This is the 2nd time I have listened to this album all the way through and it really emphasizes the biggest thing that metal bands need ....

A PRODUCER!!!!

I don't know whose brilliant idea to put perhaps the best song on the album at the 8th slot but it was a bad idea.  These bands really need an outside set of ears to help them take their talent and good ideas to refine them into great songs with maximum impact.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down