The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!! SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL

+19
Son of Nun
CrimsonWarrior
stevegarveyfan
cailen
Second Wind
Ammocas
mothy
strangerhoncho
Pethead
Superjuice
Lex Metalis
Temple of Blood
Kerrick
Grindboy
Black Rider
bodachi
TZ75
BaleMaster
Constantine
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite "One & Done" Bands / Albums - Speed / Thrash / Extreme Edition

VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap16%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap13%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 8 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap21%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 13 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap21%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 13 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap5%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap11%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap3%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap7%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap2%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_lcap0%VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 61

VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL Empty VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!! SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:31 pm

Favorite One Album Wonders?  alien Speed / Thrash / Extreme Edition cat

PLEASE READ:

1.  Multiple choice is allowed.  THAT MEANS YOU CAN VOTE FOR AS MANY ALBUMS AS YOU WANT.
You are not limited to just one vote.   cheers

2.  All Votes can be amended later.

3.  Don't overthink, just have fun!    Smile

4.  This Poll will just be for speed, thrash and extreme metal.   For Classic Metal, please see the "Classic Metal Edition" Poll.

5.  Feel free to list ANY OTHER TITLE in the comments since I only had room to list 10 in the Poll.

Last edited by Constantine on Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL Empty Re: VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!! SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL

Post by BaleMaster Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:14 am

Minier/Applehead.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL Empty Re: VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!! SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:46 am

I love that Minier album!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Pethead, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:09 am

I stinking love that Minier EP!  I was wondering why the follow up album was called Applehead when it was the same dude...
I don't know if Applehead qualifies for this list - it's pretty much just grunge (hence, I despise it)
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:40 am

Minier but Valor is a good album also.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:38 am

bodachi wrote:I don't know if Applehead qualifies for this list - it's pretty much just grunge (hence, I despise it)
I know there are people here who really like the Applehead album and so if I was going to include Miner, I would have to include Applehead.  Otherwise I could have included a lesser-known album but that would generate less interest.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:25 am

I voted GROMS.  I didn't particularly care for most of Schaliach, Minier had 2 great songs but not a lot else IMO, and I liked the Enshrouding ep's better than Time to Kill the Beast (which was still good, of course).  The others I either never heard or are outside of my taste.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:19 pm

^GROMS was certainly popular.  Personally I preferred Schaliach because the music was more intricate and complex while still retaining the heaviness aspect.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:48 pm

Schaliach was more complex for sure.  Disagree on retaining the heaviness, I hated the creamy guitar tone, I felt like it had no bite whatsoever.  I didn't hate the album, but traded it off some something back in the day.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:16 pm

I sold my GROMS CD last year.   It was this version from 1996:

VOTE For Your Favorite "One And Done" Bands / Albums!!  SPEED/THRASH/EXTREME METAL POLL 629668
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:39 am

^I have the same one... though I'm pretty certain mine is a bootleg.  Sad  I got it from Rad Rockers back in the day and since discovered their habit of bootlegging...

I voted for Schaliach's album.  There's something really unique and special about it; I can't think of any albums that it's very comparable too.  I love how diverse it is too.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:33 pm

I listened to Valor today and that's a pretty good one.  Definitely not too tame.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:28 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:34 pm

^Oops! Thought Mad Dragster had one album. Does anyone know if I'm able to amend the poll and put another title in there, or will it wipe out all of the votes that were already cast? I'm not sure.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:39 pm

In certain point of view, they only released one album (with christian lyrics) , lol. But the band have a previous and famous name in brazilian thrash scene...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:14 pm

What about Screams of Chaos - Genetic War on Rowe Productions?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:27 pm

Went with Horde and Minier.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:57 pm

Kerrick wrote:^I have the same one... though I'm pretty certain mine is a bootleg.  Sad  I got it from Rad Rockers back in the day and since discovered their habit of bootlegging...

I voted for Schaliach's album.  There's something really unique and special about it; I can't think of any albums that it's very comparable too.  I love how diverse it is too.
That would be Amorphis: Tales from the Thousand Lakes.  Schaliach was clearly attempting something in that vein because that album was huge in the Scandinavian scene back then.  You're welcome.   I love Schaliach, though, and think they put their own spin on that sound.  It was my top vote for sure.  I think it's the most relaxing death metal album ever made.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:59 pm

Superjuice wrote:What about Screams of Chaos - Genetic War on Rowe Productions?
Also Ethereal Scourge--Judgement and Restoration also on Rowe.  Both better than most of the others on this list.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:
Kerrick wrote:^I have the same one... though I'm pretty certain mine is a bootleg.  Sad  I got it from Rad Rockers back in the day and since discovered their habit of bootlegging...

That would be Amorphis: Tales from the Thousand Lakes.  Schaliach was clearly attempting something in that vein because that album was huge in the Scandinavian scene back then.  You're welcome.   I love Schaliach, though, and think they put their own spin on that sound.  It was my top vote for sure.  I think it's the most relaxing death metal album ever made.

Yes I remember hearing that comparison when I first discovered Shaliach but they didn't sound too similar to my ears.  Granted, that was very early on in my metalhood and my ears weren't as trained as they are now.  Very Happy  I did see Amorphis live when Virgin Black opened for them.  They put on a great show though I don't love all the pagan lyrics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

cailen and strangerhoncho like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:38 am

All those are great choices but my write in vote is

Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration

with a runner up as

Final Judgement - Desolating Sacrilege
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:38 pm

mothy wrote:All those are great choices but my write in vote is

Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration
Yup...I’ll put in a vote for that write in for Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration. Excellent cd!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:43 am

I am only familiar with Valor, and I certainly voted for them, as their album is simply awesome. It is a shame they couldn't be able to record at least another one.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 am

Second Wind wrote:I am only familiar with Valor, and I certainly voted for them, as their album is simply awesome. It is a shame they couldn't be able to record at least another one.
I really want this album, but I ain’t paying $8 for shipping.

Edit: found it digitally. It will be mine.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next