The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Christian industrial rock/metal

+15
oldschooldoom
Raegoul
FivePointPunk
outofstep
Grindboy
Superjuice
TZ75
BaleMaster
KaramKaram
Dustofyears
Contrarian Deist
Black Rider
eatbugs
Constantine
CrimsonWarrior
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best Christian industrial rock/metal - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Christian industrial rock/metal

Post by outofstep Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:56 am

Constantine wrote:
outofstep wrote:
Constantine wrote:I agree with eatbugs.  I did not mention Blackhouse because they really have nothing to do with metal and sound very different from these other bands.
Very true, however I think they are important since they no doubt had an influence on many of the more metallic industrial bands that formed later on.
No doubt, they greatly influenced the later bands.  But it's kind of like the early proto-metal bands like Steppenwolf, Blue Cheer, Cream, Sir Lord Baltimore, etc.   They influenced what metal became but if someone asked me to recommend metal bands I would not list them because they were precursors but not the final form.
Yeah, I agree.  I think that people who are really dedicated to a specific genre would get more out of exploring those "influencer" type bands, but someone asking for a specific recommendation probably wouldn't.  Great to see Sir Lord Baltimore mentioned here!! Absolutely killer band!!!  Another great early proto-metal band is Jerusalem (not the Swedish Christian band).  The song "Kamikazee Moth" is an absolute classic.  Sorry to derail the thread, just had to throw that in there!
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Best Christian industrial rock/metal - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Christian industrial rock/metal

Post by FivePointPunk Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 am

Oh man, Blackhouse is going way back.  But duuuuude....Mental Destruction is so crazy and probably industrial in its purest form.  It sure ain't for everybody, but I get in the mood for it every so often.  I'm very glad I picked up the album Straw back in the day.  I remember reading a description from Rad Rockers that said these guys were the edge of the known Christian universe, so I said yep, that's something I need to have.

While I do love me some Mental Destruction, you just can't argue that Circle of Dust and the first Klank album are really the pinnacle of what most people think of as "Christian" industrial, and at least for me, maybe the entire industrial genre.  Klayton is simply a genius.  I like everything from every era of Circle of Dust, but the last one was probably my least favorite to be honest.  I doubt Klayton can ever capture the magic that was 90s Circle of Dust/Brainchild ever again.

Same with Klank.  I really, really like him, but I don't think he can ever put anything out that's on par with Still Suffering.  That record was pure gold and still stands the test of time for me.  Part of me would like nothing else than for Klank and Klayton to reunite for another record, but the other part of me says it just can't live up to the greatness of Still Suffering.  Oh well....I'm very thankful we have that record to listen to over and over all these years later.

FivePointPunk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by outofstep Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:27 am

Yeah, mental destruction is wild!  And, yes, for me Circle of Dust/Brainchild/Argyle Park are the absolute pinnacle of Christian industrial!  That first Klank record is great too, I saw them/him live when that album came out, raging show!
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

FivePointPunk and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:30 am

I remember that Rad Rockers description!  That was my mindset exactly when I read it too!   lol! Rockin Loud

What makes Klank's first album stand out is the production.  Numb has just as good of songs as Still Suffering, but it lacks Klayton's production.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FivePointPunk Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:54 pm

eatbugs wrote:I remember that Rad Rockers description!  That was my mindset exactly when I read it too!   lol! Rockin Loud

What makes Klank's first album stand out is the production.  Numb has just as good of songs as Still Suffering, but it lacks Klayton's production.

Good point.  I completely agree that the production is what Klank has just never been able to recreate without Klayton.  That production is what allows the record to stand the test of time for me some 25ish years later.  You know, though, his last record (at least I think it was his last one) Rise is pretty good.  It comes closer to that Klayton level of production than any of his others from what I remember.  I thought Klank did a good job with Rise overall.

And yes, I bought quite a few super obscure Christian albums from Rad Rockers back in the day based on the descriptions alone.  Some worked out well and turned out to be gems, and others...well...not so much.  Good thing I found the website Blastbeats a few years later and was able to do quite a few trades over the years on those records that fell flat for me.

FivePointPunk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:58 pm

The Awakening:

They (he) mostly does goth rock, but does spill over into industrial now and then.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Not a big industrial fan but I remember getting Mortal Lusis back in the day and being intrigued by the novelty sound which had some Industrial qualities, but I also realised some similarities with the likes of The Prodigy or Marilyn Manson decades later when relistening to Lusis and Fathom.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Superjuice, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:20 pm

Nobody said Passafist:

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:08 pm

Waco and Reno Caruso, the brains behind Passafist.  Dave Perkins and Wade Jaynes, both central figures in the short-lived (albeit par excellant) band Chagall Guevara.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:18 am

BaleMaster wrote:Waco and Reno Caruso, the brains behind Passafist.  Dave Perkins and Wade Jaynes, both central figures in the short-lived (albeit par excellant) band Chagall Guevara.

Yes.  I remember reading that some of the Passafist songs were written for a second Chagall Guevara album.  Does this ring a bell?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:32 am

I stayed away from this genre for the longest time until someone turned me on to

Under Midnight
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:50 am

eatbugs wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:Waco and Reno Caruso, the brains behind Passafist.  Dave Perkins and Wade Jaynes, both central figures in the short-lived (albeit par excellant) band Chagall Guevara.

Yes.  I remember reading that some of the Passafist songs were written for a second Chagall Guevara album.  Does this ring a bell?
I was not aware of that!!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:19 am

BaleMaster wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

I was not aware of that!!

Passafist doesn't sound terribly Chagall Guevara-ish so I do question the truth of the statement.  It's what I read once though, so I'll stand by that part of it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:11 pm

I tried several of these bands back in the day and just couldn't get into them.  I did have the CD at one time of the first Leaderdogs for the Blind.  I liked the music but never really loved the album because their lyrics were so poetic that I didn't understand what they were singing about.

The only other album that I have that would fit into this, I guess, would be Monsterus's "Zealots In the Land Of Nod".  I still have that and love it!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:39 pm

Really good radio station that goes deep into the genre:

https://christianindustrial.net/public/radio
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:00 pm

Amazed that Kirche Gothika wasn't mentioned. Heavy and awesome industrial metal.

The Enigma TNG did Christian music. I'm not currently sure if his new material is or not.

Elohims Sterne does a variety of things related to electronic/industrial/metal.

Slave_XIV does electronic/industrial music under various names but unfortunately took down a lot of his stuff. Shadow Cross and Phantom Strings are up right now, but neither one's very industrial.

Industrial black metal includes Zero+onE, mid-era Opus Majestic, Host.
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:20 pm

I remember hearing Zero+onE a while back but never picked up any of the albums. It was one of Armath's projects iirc. Wish I could find a copy of one of them somewhere.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:49 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:I remember hearing Zero+onE a while back but never picked up any of the albums. It was one of Armath's projects iirc. Wish I could find a copy of one of them somewhere.

It's pretty good, but I have to be in the mood for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6khpbiY0SBg&list=PLKkUrbFonSRHNXBUQEEG3COdDnwZAfddR

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:46 pm

I don’t listen to industrial metal, but I know Rammas Atas and Poltinmerkki by name.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I did have the CD at one time of the first Leaderdogs for the Blind.  I liked the music but never really loved the album because their lyrics were so poetic that I didn't understand what they were singing about.
I liked that album.  The production doesn't stand up to today's standards, but musically it had some good songs.

They put out an E.P. in 2020 called "Feel This" but I have not heard it yet.

Last edited by Constantine on Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:27 pm

Merely me entering this thread should tell you my answer

If you haven't seen all my rave about this album though, I'm talking about Deliverance - Assimilation
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:39 pm

Now you're just a propagandist.  Fearful Symmetry is better:

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2