The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Christian industrial rock/metal

+15
oldschooldoom
Raegoul
FivePointPunk
outofstep
Grindboy
Superjuice
TZ75
BaleMaster
KaramKaram
Dustofyears
Contrarian Deist
Black Rider
eatbugs
Constantine
CrimsonWarrior
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Christian industrial rock/metal Empty Best Christian industrial rock/metal

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Anyone have any good industrial recommendations? I really enjoy Circle of Dust's s/t and Brainchild as well as the Argyle Park album, and Klank's debut (which may not technically have been a Christian album, but I think it was released by Tooth and Nail). Haven't really known where else to look for this genre.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Best Christian industrial rock/metal Empty Re: Best Christian industrial rock/metal

Post by Constantine Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Here are a few bands that may be worth checking out to see if you like them.
I am not sure if they are / were all Christian but you can check that out and let us know

- AP2  (reformed version of Argyle Park from 1999)
- Mortal 
- globalWAVEsystem
- Chatterbox 
- Leaderdogs For The Blind  (heavy grunge with industrial effects and sampling, very good)
- Fearful Symmetry
- X Propaganda
- Wyrick
- Aleixa
- Under Midnight
- Deitiphobia
- Massivevid
- Audio Paradox

There's more but this is a good start.   I was never a big industrial fan but I used to have a few CD's from some of the above bands.  For awhile the music was supposed to be the "next big thing" but it never quite took off and most of the bands disappeared.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Superjuice, bgsully and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Best Christian industrial rock/metal Empty Re: Best Christian industrial rock/metal

Post by eatbugs Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:48 pm

Great list Constantine!

Not already mentioned:
Generation - Brutal Reality
Relesser

Klank doesn't like his music referred to a Christian, but if you listen to his episode of the As the Story Grows podcast you see most (or all) of his music was made as a Christian.  I file it under "Christian-friendly."

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:14 pm

That Generation album is killer.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Yes, Generation - Brutal Reality is a good pick! Again, not 100% sure if it's considered a Christian release, but would like to know for sure.

I used to be friends with Scott Albert (now known as Klayton, of Celldweller, Circle of Dust, Argyle Park, Klank, Chatterbox, Scandroid). Have nothing but great things to say about him as a person during my time with him. Very intelligent, perceptive guy, and obviously very creative. I understand his issues with the church and I only wish him well.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I will definitely look in to those.

Constantine wrote:I used to be friends with Scott Albert (now known as Klayton, of Celldweller, Circle of Dust, Argyle Park, Klank, Chatterbox, Scandroid). Have nothing but great things to say about him as a person during my time with him. Very intelligent, perceptive guy, and obviously very creative. I understand his issues with the church and I only wish him well.
That's so cool that you knew Klayton! I really love almost everything from Circle of Dust (I wasn't crazy about Disengaged though) as well as Misguided. The Scandroid stuff I've heard sounds really cool too. I've read a little bit about his departure from the church/Christianity and it is definitely sad. I think whatever he was going through with that kinda shines through in some of his music from the late '90s, which is probably why I don't like Disengaged and Suspension of Disbelief, the AP2 album (which I used to own but threw away because I didn't like how it made me feel). I've prayed for Klayton a lot (and really should continue doing so). I'm not sure what his exact issues with the church were, but I've encountered a lot of shallowness/false teaching/lack of care for God's Word in the past, and my church upbringing in general was just really bad. But it makes me all the more grateful for where God has brought me now. We really do need the church and indeed we are commanded to commune with fellow believers, so I think it's sad how many people are alienated from that.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:10 pm

Rackets N Drapes early material has an industrial element.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:18 pm

I remember that generation album, think it had some sort of cage on the cover if I remember correctly.  I remember that it was good too.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 pm

Celldweller's debut
AP2
Circle of Dust
Immortal
Brainchild
Scandroid
Anticrisis
wyrick
Brian head welch
rackets and drapes
Simple Shelter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr2eCrDsQpQ&list=OLAK5uy_l2gbMXzR6uuSjwLda5YvAJwa3SAFCyi7M
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Superjuice and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:I've read a little bit about his departure from the church/Christianity and it is definitely sad. I think whatever he was going through with that kinda shines through in some of his music from the late '90s, which is probably why I don't like Disengaged and Suspension of Disbelief, the AP2 album (which I used to own but threw away because I didn't like how it made me feel). I've prayed for Klayton a lot (and really should continue doing so). I'm not sure what his exact issues with the church were, but I've encountered a lot of shallowness/false teaching/lack of care for God's Word in the past, and my church upbringing in general was just really bad. But it makes me all the more grateful for where God has brought me now. We really do need the church and indeed we are commanded to commune with fellow believers, so I think it's sad how many people are alienated from that.
We drifted apart around the time that he went full-on into the industrial scene.  I didn't take it personally, I felt that at the time he needed to leave his Christian friends behind because of what he was going through.  I know some of the issues and circumstances but it would not be right for me to talk about them because they are his story, not mine.   I had my own issues with Christians and the church and I "dropped out" from interacting with all but a select few from around 1994 - 1999.   But our stories were also very different - he grew up in the church whereas I came from a completely pagan / godless background before getting saved at age 25.

I am so glad that you are praying for him though.  I have done so myself although not nearly as much as I should.  
I do miss him but like many other people who have come and gone from my life, I have learned that often people are there for a season and you can't really hold onto them because we all change and move in different directions.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 am

Not to derail this thread too much, but some positive "gossip" about Klayton: he references himself in prodigal son terms in the song "Outside In" and this past October he did a fundraiser for a faith-based anti-human trafficking charity.  I don't know him and have never interacted with him at any time and I respect his privacy, but as a Christian and as a fan this gives me hope that maybe the prayers are working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uaj-JwiS-o

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, CrimsonWarrior, Constantine, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 am

Dustofyears wrote:I remember that generation album, think it had some sort of cage on the cover if I remember correctly.  I remember that it was good too.
A Room 101 reference from 1984.

Last edited by BaleMaster on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:25 am

Constantine wrote:Yes, Generation - Brutal Reality is a good pick!  Again, not 100% sure if it's considered a Christian release, but would like to know for sure.

It was a Christian release. If you read the lyrics, you will easily know what they’re talking about.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:31 am

Both albums from Betrayal had songs with industrial elements.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:06 pm

Speaking of Klayton these guys toured with him:

Autumn's Descent

Others not mentioned:
The Way Sect Bloom (which I believe Klayton was involved in)
Bridgeshadows (off-shoot of Wedding Party)
Level (lvl)
Juggernautz (maybe the best thing Jyro ever did besides Crystal Lewis' record)

Bonus:
Deitiphobia is like dance-industrial, I really dig their Lo fi vs Hi fi album

Newer:
Coriolis

Last edited by Superjuice on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Superjuice wrote:Speaking of Klayton these guys toured with him:

Autumn's Descent

Good one!  I forgot about them.  I think they some of the same members as Relesser.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 pm

Just went through most of those recommendations and found multiple albums that I intend on purchasing at some point. Thanks everyone! I think Aleixa wins as the most impressive/interesting band...I was not anticipating to hear something like that but it was super cool.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Aleixa rocks. Picked up their releases recently.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:27 pm

I think the Cod/Brainchild/Argyle Park are probably the best the scene has produced, but there are some other winners.

I agree that Aleixa is super fun and has held up better than most.

Harder to find, but Torn Skin and Fatal Blast Whip are less guitar driven but surprisingly good, IMO.

Borderline "Christian," but Regenerator has some fun stuff, I especially liked Disease.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:45 pm

eatbugs wrote:Great list Constantine!

Not already mentioned:
Relesser
I just learned about Relesser from this thread.

Constantine wrote:
I used to be friends with Scott Albert (now known as Klayton, of Celldweller, Circle of Dust, Argyle Park, Klank, Chatterbox, Scandroid).  Have nothing but great things to say about him as a person during my time with him.  Very intelligent, perceptive guy, and obviously very creative.  I understand his issues with the church and I only wish him well.

I read an interview with him a few years ago and he seems to be coming around to faith again (at least he's rejected atheism).  He talked about his praying Italian mom and was grateful for her.
eatbugs wrote:
Superjuice wrote:Speaking of Klayton these guys toured with him:

Autumn's Descent

Good one!  I forgot about them.  I think they some of the same members as Relesser.
Yeah, apparently, Relesser is the last name of the leader of Autumn's Descent.  They seem more like straight up modern rock than Autumn's Descent however.

CrimsonWarrior wrote:Just went through most of those recommendations and found multiple albums that I intend on purchasing at some point. Thanks everyone! I think Aleixa wins as the most impressive/interesting band...I was not anticipating to hear something like that but it was super cool.
Yeah, Aleixa was brilliant.  I'm not sure which of their two albums I like better - the debut I can listen to straight through, but the follow-up has higher highs.  Like Wyrick, Kevin131 runs his own studio.  He's worked on other projects but nothing as interesting as dual female vocalists.  His follow-up project was heavy music like Aleixa, but with harsh vocals and not as electronic.  Don't remember the name of it.  Pretty bland when I listened to it, but that was a long time ago.

I think the album Disfigured was supposed to make a big splash and a lot were printed.  The Duran Duran cover (my least favorite track on the album) was probably supposed to land them into deeper waters, but the public didn't catch on.  The youth culture at the time rejected them as I can recall negative posts on the P.O.D. forums about Aleixa.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by outofstep Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 am

One band that hasn't been mentioned yet is BLACKHOUSE!!  The first Christian industrial band really. Not really metal, but more in the vein of Throbbing Gristle and Current 93.  Very cool abrasive stuff considering their early releases came out in the mid 80s.  Also should mention Mental Destruction!!  

I don't think any Christian industrial release will ever top Brainchild's Mindwarp.  The definite peak of the genre for me.  Was lucky enough to see them (well, Circle of Dust, same thing) and Argyle Park at Cornerstone 1995.  Absolutely amazing.  Still have all the shirts I bought too! HAHA
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Friday13th, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:36 am

I didn't mention Mental Destruction (or Blackhouse - forgot about him) because of the nature of the recommendations.  They are "pure" industrial, not the industrial/metal hybrid CrimsonWarrior asked about.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 am

I agree with eatbugs.  I did not mention Blackhouse because they really have nothing to do with metal and sound very different from these other bands.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by outofstep Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:38 am

Constantine wrote:I agree with eatbugs.  I did not mention Blackhouse because they really have nothing to do with metal and sound very different from these other bands.
Very true, however I think they are important since they no doubt had an influence on many of the more metallic industrial bands that formed later on.
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:52 am

outofstep wrote:
Constantine wrote:I agree with eatbugs.  I did not mention Blackhouse because they really have nothing to do with metal and sound very different from these other bands.
Very true, however I think they are important since they no doubt had an influence on many of the more metallic industrial bands that formed later on.
No doubt, they greatly influenced the later bands.  But it's kind of like the early proto-metal bands like Steppenwolf, Blue Cheer, Cream, Sir Lord Baltimore, etc.   They influenced what metal became but if someone asked me to recommend metal bands I would not list them because they were precursors but not the final form.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next