The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any fans of Royal Hunt?

5 posters

Go down

Any fans of Royal Hunt? Empty Any fans of Royal Hunt?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Are there any fans of Royal Hunt here?

Neoclassical, melodic progressive metal.  Their album "Paradox" is an absolute classic, although you can't go wrong with pretty much their entire catalog. A few members of Narnia have also played with this band.

I'm a huge fan of the whole melodic/neoclassical sound in-general. Bands like Symphony X, Stratovarius, Silver Mountain, Iron Mask, At Vance, Impellitteri, Narnia, and Golden Resurrection. Of course there's Yngwie Malmsteen, who expanded on what Ritchie Blackmore had done with Deep Purple and especially Rainbow, to invent the genre. There are others but you get the idea.

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Royal Hunt? Empty Re: Any fans of Royal Hunt?

Post by Black Rider Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:43 pm

I used to really be into the albums with DC Cooper, man has amazing pipes, and most of the bands you mentioned. I've kind of faded on that sound but still listen to RH on occasion but when I want to hear Cooper I usually go to Silent Force.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:48 pm

I remember discovering them very early on in my metal infatuation haha and really digging their sound, though for some reason I have it in my mind that they had some anti-Christian lyrics?  I know they were pals with Shadow Gallery who always had pretty overtly Christian lyrics though.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm

"Paradox," and "Land Of Broken Hearts" are good, a bit bland, but aside from those I never really got into Royal Hunt.  
If I am in the mood for neoclassical metal, it will usually be bands like Narnia, Silver Mountain, Stratovarius, Golden Resurrection, Rainbow, Yngwie, early Europe, Seventh Seal, Universe (little known Swedish gem), Nation, Johansson, and some of the great symphonic bands like HB, Gloriam Dei, and Northern Flame.  

I know there's plenty of other stuff out there like Cacophony, Symphony X, Joey Taffola's "Out Of The Sun," Vinnie Moore, Tony MacAlpine, Vitalij Kuprij, George Bellas, Borislav Mitic, Kenziner, Michael Harris, Luca Turilli, Angra, etc.  
I like some of these in smaller doses, but prefer bands with catchy, memorable song-writing where it's not just 100-mph instrumental wankery.

Last edited by Constantine on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Meh. Beyond the amazing DC Cooper, I found this band utterly boring. He sounded better in Silent Force, which is a miles better band.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:38 am

I know them, but there's something about Scandinavian progressive power metal that gets me bored very quickly; think of Pyramaze or Anubis Gate. I loved DC Cooper on Walk the Earth by Silent Force though.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down