The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Jewel fans here?

4 posters

Go down

Any Jewel fans here? Empty Any Jewel fans here?

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Any other fans of JEWEL Kilcher(or simply *Jewel*) here?
Your favorite Jewel album?
Mine is *this way*, just a phenomenal album with a diverse range of musical subgenres songs. Jewels vocal range and poetic, witty, thought provoking lyrical prowess shines on the album.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Any Jewel fans here? Empty Re: Any Jewel fans here?

Post by Constantine Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:08 pm

I actually never much cared for her because when her first album came out, radio, etc. played those singles to death and I got tired of hearing her voice.  I guess it's just one of those things though, it either grabs you or it doesn't.  In my case, it didn't.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:42 pm

I don't own any of her albums, but quite like some of the music I've heard from her.  Especially from her earlier singer-songwriter stuff.  I don't think I've heard any of her recent recordings.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:41 am

Constantine wrote:I actually never much cared for her because when her first album came out, radio, etc. played those singles to death and I got tired of hearing her voice.  I guess it's just one of those things though, it either grabs you or it doesn't.  In my case, it didn't.

Yeah aside from a couple songs, I'm not big fan of her first album. Her later 90s and early 2000s stuff is her best, and have more variation on them.
Her big hits from her first album, are overplayed, not bad songs, but kinda like Alice Coopers *schools out* which had been killed by overplaying while he's got much better stuff later on. Same with Jewel.
Though I'm not much a fan of her more recent albums as she went more in a straightforward country direction. But *spirit*, *this way*, *goodbye alice in wonderland* are her best(her middle albums) her early 2000s album 04/05(something along those lines) was good too...kinda poppy but poppy in a kinda ironic way...a few clever songs on it kinda poking fun at the shallow world of pop music.
If you check out just one of her albums, *this way* has a great variation of different genres weaved into it, some of her best vocal work and songwriting and very clever a d thought provoking lyrics.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:43 am

Staybrite wrote:I don't own any of her albums, but quite like some of the music I've heard from her.  Especially from her earlier singer-songwriter stuff.  I don't think I've heard any of her recent recordings.

She is an incredible vocalist with incredible range, and her songwriting is some of the cleverest and most thought provoking I've come across.
If you check out just one album, make it *this way*...very brilliant IMO.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:43 am

Staybrite wrote:I don't own any of her albums, but quite like some of the music I've heard from her.  Especially from her earlier singer-songwriter stuff.  I don't think I've heard any of her recent recordings.

She is an incredible vocalist with incredible range, and her songwriting is some of the cleverest and most thought provoking I've come across.
If you check out just one album, make it *this way*...very brilliant IMO.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 1620 Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:33 am

My kids, for years, would only fall asleep to her lullaby album. I still think it's my top most played iTunes album  Cool

mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down