The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creed: Re-discovered a band/cd I haven't listened to for a long time

5 posters

Go down

Creed: Re-discovered a band/cd I haven't listened to for a long time Empty Creed: Re-discovered a band/cd I haven't listened to for a long time

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2020 4:16 pm

I originally bought their "Sign of Victory" cd back when it first came out, then after I got rid of all my cds and started re-buying them, I got it again. And yet....

I can't remember the last time I actually gave it a listen....

So I gave the cd rip of it a listen in the car today...and wow...some really good stuff on there. There were some some songs that are skippable, but there are several that stand out and are worth listening to more often.

The weird thing is they sound NOTHING like what I remembered them sounding like.

I could have sworn they were more plodding, with a deep voiced singer, and a sound more akin to I Shall Conquer / The Strongest Power era of Leviticus...and they aren't that all...go figure.

Here's three of my favorite tracks

Back to top Go down

Creed: Re-discovered a band/cd I haven't listened to for a long time Empty Re: Creed: Re-discovered a band/cd I haven't listened to for a long time

Post by TZ75 Wed May 27, 2020 7:57 pm

You know what people are thinking when you say the name Creed.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Creed: Re-discovered a band/cd I haven't listened to for a long time Empty Re: Creed: Re-discovered a band/cd I haven't listened to for a long time

Post by Son of Nun Wed May 27, 2020 8:37 pm

"In the Dark" is a pummeler and "Meet Again" is one of the catchiest songs I've heard. It's a great album.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2020 9:48 am

TZ75 wrote:You know what people are thinking when you say the name Creed.

Hahahahaha...yeah, didn't think about that. I can't stand the Stapp-led Creed so they don't exist in my world.

Son of Nun wrote:"In the Dark" is a pummeler and "Meet Again" is one of the catchiest songs I've heard. It's a great album.

It really is. I wish I had reacquainted myself with it sooner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm

I found the "Sign Of Victory" CD years ago in a used record store in South Florida.  
Didn't care much for it at the time, and later sold it.
Listened to it again off of You Tube a few years ago.  
Liked some of it, but thought that it would have gained more traction if the song-writing had been stronger.
Sort of like that Force 3 "Warrior of Light" album...

They also had an E.P. which I like better, although I do not care for the 1st song:

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat May 30, 2020 8:32 am

I love the whole Victory album and their self-titled EP. So rare to have a Christian metal band from Germany back then.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:31 pm

I'm just discovering this band and really enjoying them so far.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down