The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin?

+10
Kerrick
Drawnsword
Dustofyears
Temple of Blood
Constantine
/<
Black Rider
Sir Shred A Lot
MikeInFla
Maxtron01
14 posters

Go down

Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin? Empty Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin?

Post by Maxtron01 Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:43 pm

Lately, I've come to love the sounds of 70's and 80's rock and I've been wondering what Christian bands may sound like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Maxtron01
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin? Empty Re: Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin?

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:07 am

Not really as I have wondered this myself since the 80's and never really found anyone that sounds like that. I seem to remember one song resembling Zeppelin,  maybe Philadelphia? Don't remember the song. 

Neal Morse comes pretty close to 70's prog rock as does the last release from Elefante.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin? Empty Re: Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin?

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:03 am

Try some stuff from these bands (some of which have released a bunch of albums with a range of styles, so try a few different albums from them):

Rez (also known as Resurrection Band – maybe start with “Innocent Blood” or “Civil Rites” albums)
Daniel Band
Red Sea
Petra (specifically, these albums – This Means War, On Fire, Beyond Belief, Unseen Power)
White Heart
Idle Cure
Mastedon
Jerusalem
New Jerusalem (yes, this is a different band from the previous one)

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Maxtron01 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:24 am

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Maxtron01 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:09 am

New Jerusalem is a good call, also check out a band called Stronghold.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Resurrection Band: Awaiting Your Reply (1978), Rainbow's End (1979), Colours (1980), Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore (1981), DMZ (1982)

Daniel Band: On Rock (1982), Straight Ahead (1983), Run From the Darkness (1984)

Petra: Come and Join Us (1976), Never Say Die (1981), More Power to Ya (1982), Not of this World (1983)
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:57 pm

This question came up on You Tube and I had some great choices.....will have to go back and re-create my research because I cannot find the original post.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:59 pm

Constantine wrote:This question came up on You Tube and I had some great choices.....will have to go back and re-create my research because I cannot find the original post.

Do you have any other recommendations now?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Constantine wrote:This question came up on You Tube and I had some great choices.....will have to go back and re-create my research because I cannot find the original post.

Do you have any other recommendations now?
Yes, I created a playlist a while back.   I know you don't like Spotify but if anyone is interested here it is:

Christian Bands That Sound Like Led Zep / Aerosmith / Pink Floyd / Rush

Otherwise below is a quick band list based off of that.  Not all the songs from these bands fit the bill, but the ones in the playlist do and maybe some others will:

- New Jerusalem
- System Breakdown
- The Brave  ("The River" album)
- Bride
- Three Crosses
- Daniel Band
- Big Chris & D-Bare Bones Band   ("Burning Bush")
- Allies   ("Long Way From Paradise" song)
- Guardian  ("Miracle Mile" album)
- Mastedon  ("Love Inhalation")
- King James  ("Waiting For The King")
- Eden  ("Show Me")
- Whiteheart  ("More Sold Out")
- John Schlitt   ("Live It Loud")
- Resurrection Band  ("Civil Rites" album)
- Glenn Kaiser ("Carolina Moon" album)
- Stevie & The Saints  ("Prisoner Of Love")
- Darrell Mansfield  (his hard rock songs)
- ApologetiX  (Their covers of Led Zep & Aerosmith songs put to Christian lyrics)
- Sin Dizzy 
- The 77's  ("Woody" and their cover of "Nobody's Fault But Mine")
- Thieves & Liars
- John Elefante  ("Where Have The Old Days Gone")
- Crosswire
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:21 pm

Closet thing I can of to Zep is the first two albums by the Resurrection band- awaiting your reply and Rainbows end. Personally I like those albums better than anything Zepp did.

Speed wagon- early Petra with Greg X Volz. Again, far better too IMO.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:57 pm

Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Temple of Blood, oldschooldoom and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:36 pm

Drawnsword wrote:
David Benson is at it again!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 pm

That New Jerusalem song is excellent!

Better than a lot of Led Zep stuff!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:38 pm

I remember a thread on here from some time ago of a band that had a definite Zeppelin feel to them.  I believe they were from the UK, had two or three albums (one of which had a picture of a ship I think?), and formed in the 1970s but released an album in the 2010s or so after some/all members came to faith...  Does that ring any bells for anyone?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:44 pm

Kerrick wrote:I remember a thread on here from some time ago of a band that had a definite Zeppelin feel to them.  I believe they were from the UK, had two or three albums (one of which had a picture of a ship I think?), and formed in the 1970s but released an album in the 2010s or so after some/all members came to faith...  Does that ring any bells for anyone?

Stairway?

Ariel?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:25 pm

No...  IIRC they had a sorta odd name like First Church Of The Ocean or something like that.  Dangit this is gonna bug me until I find out!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:45 pm

Found 'em!  (Thank you Metal Archives search function LOL.)  I remembered quite wrong regarding where they come from, but the band I was thinking of is Sir Lord Baltimore.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sir_Lord_Baltimore/56275

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:53 pm

Kerrick wrote:Found 'em!  (Thank you Metal Archives search function LOL.)  I remembered quite wrong regarding where they come from, but the band I was thinking of is Sir Lord Baltimore.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sir_Lord_Baltimore/56275
Never could get into them. A lot of people consider them to be the fathers of Heavy Metal.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:32 am

Thanks for the excellent recommendations everyone!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:19 am

Surprised no one mentioned Die Happy here for a Led Zeppelin recommendation. ALthough I see Red Sea mentioned (same singer as Die Happy). Might want to check out Bride "Kinetic Faith", "Snakes in the Playground", and "Scarecrow Messiah". I always got a little Zeppelin vide out of those albums. 

Guardian "Miracle Mile" has some Aerosmithy vibes.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:24 pm

A: NO

Except for Christian bands that do secular covers of the above 3 mentioned secular bands.

Exception #2. As already mentioned, New Jerusalem is sounds more similar to the mighty Zep than any Christian band. Sure wish they had done more.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Any Christian bands that Sound Like Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon and Led Zeppelin? Empty Kansas - Christians Who Rock!

Post by vintage-mind Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:39 pm

Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
Kansas - The Wall
I'm woven  a fantasy, I can't believe the things I see
The path that I have chosen now has led me to a wall
And with each passing day I feel a little more like something dear was lost
It rises now before me, a dark and silent barrier between
All I am and all that I would ever want to be
It's just a travesty, towering, marking off the boundaries
My spirit would erase

To pass beyond is what I seek, I fear that I may be too weak
And those are few who've seen it through to glimplse the other side
The promised land is waiting like a maiden that is soon to be a bride
The moment is a masterpiece, the weight of indecision's in the air
It's standing there, the symbol and the sum of all that's me
It's just a travesty, towering, blocking out the light and blinding me
I want to see

Gold and diamonds cast a spell, it's not for me to know it well
The treasures that I seek are waiting on the other side
There's more that I can measure in the treasure of the love that I can find
And though it's always been with me
I must tear down the wall let it be
All I am, and all that I was ever meant to be, in harmony
Shining true and smiling back at all who wait to cross
There is no loss

vintage-mind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down