The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barren Cross - Legends Remastered (and Saint Gold Disc)

+11
Tombie
average joe
Rockrz
alldatndensum
grandeped
BaleMaster
eatbugs
Follower of Jesus
mothy
Constantine
MikeInFla
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barren Cross - Legends Remastered (and Saint Gold Disc) Empty Barren Cross - Legends Remastered (and Saint Gold Disc)

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:42 am

Some new stuff from Boones Overstock:

https://boonesoverstock.com/

Legends Remastered, Atomic Arena, State Of Control & Hotter Than Hell Live

Plus Saint Time's End & Too Late For Living on Gold disc.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross - Legends Remastered (and Saint Gold Disc) Empty Re: Barren Cross - Legends Remastered (and Saint Gold Disc)

Post by Constantine Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:22 am

When will the record companies stop with the digipacks?   
Rock For The King is a digipack....ugh.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross - Legends Remastered (and Saint Gold Disc) Empty Re: Barren Cross - Legends Remastered (and Saint Gold Disc)

Post by mothy Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:02 pm

I think that rock for the king is old though not a new remaster
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:20 pm

I pre-ordered these when I saw it the other day. The remastering on these has indeed made a whopping difference. I never thought the originals were that bad, but even I notice a big difference and I'm not an audiophile.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:47 pm

I won't get it (it's a few years too late for me) but I'm glad there's a State of Control out with both bonus tracks.

I might at some point pick up Hotter than Hell to replace my aging cassette.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:21 pm

Pre-ordered!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:19 am

Constantine wrote:When will the record companies stop with the digipacks?   

That was released several years ago by the band, not the label. They are just selling off some extra copies they got from the band.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:59 am

I bought the last remastered Saint discs and will just keep those.  I did my own remastering on the Barren Cross material and am pretty satisfied with those as well.  So, more for everyone else!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:26 pm

So, what is a digipack???
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Rockrz wrote:

So, what is a digipack???
Instead of a regular CD Jewel case it's made of cardboard and very flimsy.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:33 am

Instead of a regular CD Jewel case it's made of cardboard and very flimsy.

Oh, those things.

Personally, I don't care about that cuz I'm gonna rip it to my computer's hard drive and then back up my entire collection to numerous hard drives so safe keeping ya know.

After that, I'll go in to one of numerous card board boxes with all my other CDs out in the garage

Actually, the only time I buy anything on CD anymore is if that's the only way I can get it since most stuff can be purchased as a download in these here modern timeZ
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:15 am

I thought Barren Cross was gonna do a new album.

Weren't they saying that a couple years ago, with the original singer?
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:58 am

Singer is allegedly recording a new Worldview album.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm

That'd be cool.

I always liked his vocals

I'll update my notes to watch for a new album by Worldview

Hopefully... it's not this world's view Sad
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:50 am

Rockrz wrote:That'd be cool.

I always liked his vocals

I'll update my notes to watch for a new album by Worldview

Hopefully... it's not this world's view Sad
Nope... definitely Christian. They have one album out with Rey Parra on vocals. It's excellent.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:48 am

I'll have to listen again.  I actually bought their first album and it wasn't doing much for me...

What we need is some good quality metal, good singer, but with lyrics like some of the old Petra songs where it's obvious they are praising and uplifting Jesus Christ.

With most so-called Christians metals bands there wouldn't be enough evidence to get a conviction is Christianity were made illegal.  There's a few exception here and there, but not many.

Most of the stuff I hear is more secular than Christian but with cleaner lyrics than metal made by sinners
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am

alldatndensum wrote:I bought the last remastered Saint discs and will just keep those.  

I also bought the Saint remasters "The Originals series" by Retroactive Records...and even though I hate the digipaks they came in, I don't listen to Saint enough anymore to justify buying them over again.

I did pre-order the BC remasters though, since I only have the original releases

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:45 am

Bought4Life wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I bought the last remastered Saint discs and will just keep those.  

I also bought the Saint remasters "The Originals series" by Retroactive Records...and even though I hate the digipaks they came in, I don't listen to Saint enough anymore to justify buying them over again.

I did pre-order the BC remasters though, since I only have the original releases
Same here...I bought the digicrap(oops, I mean digipak face palm) remastered ‘Original Series’ of Saint and to me they sound fine...I don’t need ‘gold’ versions.

Also, I’m thinking about getting the Barren Cross remasters...the originals are quite dated so the remaster and booklet style artwork might be worth getting to update my collection.

I might start selling off all my old originals where I now would have the new remasters to take their place...I’m curious if there is even a market for used near mint condition original Christian Metal/Rock?
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Ammocas wrote:

I’m curious if there is even a market for used near mint condition original Christian Metal/Rock?

Probably for the right price.  All else equal I prefer originals to reissues.  Rarely is all equal though: factor that your CDs are used compared with these reissues being new.  Also, the reissues are almost always remastered, and often have bonus tracks.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:03 pm

I just had to cancel my order for these CD's as I am suddenly out of work due to all the stuff going on the last couple of weeks, and can't afford extra expenses sadly. SadSad

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:35 pm

GACatmandu wrote:I just had to cancel my order for these CD's as I am suddenly out of work due to all the stuff going on the last couple of weeks, and can't afford extra expenses sadly. SadSad
Very understandable. I bought a record last week but if it was this week I would've saved. Only $12 so not really that big of a deal. While my wife is out of work due to school closings, I am still working. CD and music buying definitely on the backburner for now.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Honestly, I'm getting reissued to death.  I realize the BC stuff wasn't remastered previously, but the Saint stuff was.  And there are so many labels doing it now, its almost like buying your collection all over again.  There are very few classic albums I revisit often enough to purchase them again, remaster or not, but State Of Control will probably be picked up so I have both bonus tracks on the same album.  I might also pick up the two extra Halo releases, but other than that, I'm probably good with what I have.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:08 pm

Ammocas wrote:

I might start selling off all my old originals where I now would have the new remasters to take their place...I’m curious if there is even a market for used near mint condition original Christian Metal/Rock?

Yes there is, mostly on Ebay.  Often there are people who still want the originals, or don't know that there is a remaster (or don't care).  However, a remaster being out there will typically drive down the price of the original, although not always.  
If you want any help getting started on Ebay selling, feel free to PM me.

Another option is trading.   There are not many online places to trade these days, but you could start trying here in the Peddler's section.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:58 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
GACatmandu wrote:I just had to cancel my order for these CD's as I am suddenly out of work due to all the stuff going on the last couple of weeks, and can't afford extra expenses sadly. SadSad
Very understandable. I bought a record last week but if it was this week I would've saved. Only $12 so not really that big of a deal. While my wife is out of work due to school closings, I am still working. CD and music buying definitely on the backburner for now.
Well, I guess the other day was too late to cancel the order, as I just got a shipment notice and downloads for my order. That's okay, I will be enjoying the music for sure. I thought these weren't shipping till the middle of next month?

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm

I ordered the lot, just got an email saying they shipped.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next