The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Blues rock?

+11
Sevenoneself
eatbugs
MikeInFla
Soldier777
Hidgxx
alldatndensum
Wildcat
Staybrite
Black Rider
Kerrick
Constantine
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christian Blues rock? - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian Blues rock?

Post by Constantine Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:09 pm

Constantine wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:Phil Keaggy's All at Once album is one of the best of his more recent work. It's blues-rock for sure and sports a whole band (unlike much of his newer stuff). Blues song titles: "My Guitar's In Love", "La la la Love You".
Great call!!  I am not a Phil Keaggy fan so I would never have known about this album.  
It's awesome, I have it playing on Spotify.  Too bad you can't get it on CD anymore, there is one copy on Ebay for $130  Crying or Very sad

UPDATE:   I've had this album saved as an Ebay search but the CD is always around $49 or more.  
This morning I found one for $8 plus $4 shipping!  It's on it's way.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:40 pm

Constantine wrote:
Constantine wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:Phil Keaggy's All at Once album is one of the best of his more recent work. It's blues-rock for sure and sports a whole band (unlike much of his newer stuff). Blues song titles: "My Guitar's In Love", "La la la Love You".
Great call!!  I am not a Phil Keaggy fan so I would never have known about this album.  
It's awesome, I have it playing on Spotify.  Too bad you can't get it on CD anymore, there is one copy on Ebay for $130  Crying or Very sad

UPDATE:   I've had this album saved as an Ebay search but the CD is always around $49 or more.  
This morning I found one for $8 plus $4 shipping!  It's on it's way.

That's awesome!! You are much more patient and committed to the artists than I. 

The last few weeks I've been listening to quite a bit of the Phil Keaggy upbeat & uplifting songs. And that includes a bunch off of this album.

I'm not sure exactly what fits blues-rock, but have you checked out his album Play Thru Me? Happy, Carefree and Play Thru Me are great laid-back rockers.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:57 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:

That's awesome!! You are much more patient and committed to the artists than I. 

The last few weeks I've been listening to quite a bit of the Phil Keaggy upbeat & uplifting songs. And that includes a bunch off of this album.

I'm not sure exactly what fits blues-rock, but have you checked out his album Play Thru Me? Happy, Carefree and Play Thru Me are great laid-back rockers.

Actually, it's more that I'm committed to my guitar playing & to listening to anything that might help me become a better musician Smile

I think this album will be a good addition to my collection for those reasons.

Thanks, I will check out those other songs you mentioned since you already hit the big home run on the recommend of the "All At Once" album.   I normally don't pay much attention to Phil Keaggy so I would not have known about his blues playing on my own.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:01 pm

PK is in my top 5 musicians/band of all time. But I'd still be the first to admit there's ALOT of his stuff out there that is second rate or sub-par. He puts out TONS of stuff with all sorts of musicians and in all sorts of styles, and you have to be willing to take the time to go through all the material. 

For those who will never take the time to wade through his stuff, I love to be able to share a few of the highlights with them!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:13 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:PK is in my top 5 musicians/band of all time. But I'd still be the first to admit there's ALOT of his stuff out there that is second rate or sub-par. He puts out TONS of stuff with all sorts of musicians and in all sorts of styles, and you have to be willing to take the time to go through all the material. 
I've had a few of his albums over the years and most were pretty weak IMO, at least for me.   So after awhile I just gave up and there was no curiosity left. 

One of my good friends is a huge fan and has seen him in concert many times.  Also many people have raved over the years about his guitar playing.   The material I had heard was bland and sterile-sounding.    So I could never understand the hype.   

I knew that I was missing something somewhere, but with so much material as you say, it was far too much of a chore to hunt for the good stuff.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by captainkirk76 Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:28 am

I am working on a Christian Blues and Blues Rock playlist of my own when I found this forum.  Very nice.  
First some additional artist to check out.  All on Spotify

Jackson Russell Band (New Thing Album is the best)
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
The Word
Jay Johnson
Glass Harp (Phil Keaggy's 70's band)

Second a couple albums by artist
Tom Tom Blues by the 77's
Spirit of the Century by The Blind Boys of Alabama

Third a few individual songs by artist that normaly are not blues oriented.
Broken by Lincoln Brewster from the album Lincoln Brewster
Gospel Train by Waterdeep from the album Waterdeep Live at the New Earth
Lay Down Your Burdens by Brooke Lambkin from the album Redeeming the Time
When I Found Jesus (I Lost the Blues) BY Larry Carter from the album When I Found Jesus
Amazing Grace Blues by Disciple from the album What Was I Thinking
Animal by Phil Keaggy from the album 220

Have you posted the link to your playlist?  I would like to give it a listen.  
I would post a link to mine but I have to get past the you are to new to the forum phase to post links.

captainkirk76
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:43 am

Darrell Mansfield >>>
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:48 am

captainkirk76 wrote:
Have you posted the link to your playlist?  I would like to give it a listen.  
I posted the link below.  Looks like Spotify removed big chunks of songs, mostly by Darrell Mansfield and some lesser-known artists.   I guess those albums were pulled from Spotify.  Christian Blues rock? - Page 2 1f615 

I am still going through your recommendations, thanks so much.  I added some songs from those into the playlist, but not every album / band / song met my criteria so not all of them made it on there.  Still have to check on a few others. 

I liked Jackson Russell quite a bit but tend to prefer the Wind Of God album.  Also I could not find much from Glass Harp that I thought was straight blues rock, so if you have recommendations for specific songs that would be appreciated.  I'm just not very familiar with their material.

I sure wish Trace Balin's "Glory Road" album was on Spotify; that is filled with killer blues-rock tracks.

Christian Blues Rock
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:20 am

Krich wrote:
. wrote:Tony Palacios would have been good too, but Spotify removed his album.

He must have said something to offend the liberals er something Laughing
I miss this guy with his stupid socks pFp, he was hilarious. Oh well...

...Don't get no more blues rock than rez. If you like delta porch blues check out kaiser and Mansfield Slow Burn and Trimmed and burning albums, two of the best porch blues records I've heard next to Robert Johnson, though Robert can be a bit too raw for some but I dig it, but Kaiser and Mansfield's efforts are polished and on another level from most stuff of that style I've heard.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by captainkirk76 Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:09 pm

Dude, that is an impressive playlist.  Going to have to give it a good listen, and plenty of artist and songs I am not familiar with.  

As far as Glass Harp goes.  Do Lord and John the Revelator are the songs I dig, and give me bluesy vibes anyway.   

I do have to agree that those Kaiser Mansfield albums are killer.  They are on Spotify as one album Trimmed and Burned & Slow Burn.  

Still have a few days until I can post a link to my playlist but once I can I will.

captainkirk76
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by captainkirk76 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:22 pm

Looks like enough time has passed I can now post a link to my Christian Blues playlist.  
The second half of the playlist is mostly stuff I discoverd after finding the forum.  I am still digging through various artist to see if anyone might of have come up with a blues track or two amongst their releases.  

Blues for Jesus

captainkirk76
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2