The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker")

+11
Superjuice
Black Rider
/<
Kerrick
Snert I
Lex Metalis
MikeInFla
Pro-Zak
eatbugs
crucifyd
Ammocas
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker") Empty Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker")

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:47 pm

I am in the midst of ripping my cd collection into mp3 so I can take them in the car, and when I went to go rip Zion's "Thrillseeker" (2007 Retroactive Records), I noticed it had a 12th track instead of the 11 listed on the cd cover. It was "12. I Want To Praise Him Everyday (Live)". A 2:42 excerpt of them doing a "Christianized" version of Kiss' Rock and Roll All Night.

Man...I had totally forgotten about it.

Not the best sound quality, but a lot of fun (the cd is a must for Zion fans, btw)

What other cd's do you know of that have these types of hidden/unnlisted tracks?

Back to top Go down

Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker") Empty Re: Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker")

Post by Ammocas Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:57 pm

I think there was a Galactic Cowboys album with some songs not listed-maybe Space In Your Face...not 100% sure though. Also, Sometime Sunday might’ve had some unlisted songs on “Stone” cd...again,  I’m not so sure ...it’s been a long time since I listened to those cd’s...I’ll have to dig them out and give em a listen.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker") Empty Re: Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker")

Post by crucifyd Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 pm

the second pressing of "Stone" by Sometime Sunday has a bonus track. It's 20 minutes long and has a bunch of different things. a couple songs, the guys talking, some humor etc...good stuff

"Drain" by Sometime Sunday has, at the end of track 12, a 20-ish minute track of similar content including a hilarious mockery of metal...

Galactic Cowboys "Space In Your Face" has three tracks (#10 #20 #32)

I know of several more but they are escaping me...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 pm

It's on the same "track" as Parasite, but Bed of Nails on the 1995 version of Circle of Dust's self-titled qualifies.

Most of them are joke tracks though that detract from the album, like the goofy stuff on Guardian -  Miracle Mile, Unashamed - Reflection, or the first two Klank albums.

Incidentally, good for you Bought4Life!  I ripped mine about 7 years ago and it took days to complete.  Now I rip a CD as soon as I buy one.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:07 pm

Human - Bullet the Blue Sky
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 am

One of the GX Project albums has a bonus track, I think it's Raze Some Hell but it really isn't much of a song more like a teaser for things to come?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 am

Narnia have one after 'Trapped In This Age' ... an small instrumental track
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Jacob's Dream's album 'Drama of the Ages' ends with a "hidden" instrumental, the Pachelbel Canon. It's my favorite track on that album by far...
I wish bands would always give bonus/hidden/fun songs own track numbers, otherwise it's annoying when ripping the album to mp3.

As far as I know there are a few CDs with a bonus track before the first track - so you have to press "rewind" to reach them. Does anybody know if there are any christian albums with such a bonus track?

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:00 pm

Snert I wrote:As far as I know there are a few CDs with a bonus track before the first track - so you have to press "rewind" to reach them. Does anybody know if there are any christian albums with such a bonus track?

Antestor - The Forsaken has that supposedly, though I've never tried it since I no longer have a dedicated CD player.  :/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 pm

King's X typically had hidden snippets at the end of their initial four classic albums.

As others have mentioned, Galactic Cowboys had some cool hidden songs on their "Space in Your Face" album.

Michael Roe of the 77's had a very cool song called "Tall Trees" hidden on his solo album, The Boat Ashore.  If memory serves correctly, it was hidden on track #77.

The coolest hidden track I've ever come across was "Slaughter of the Innocents" by Undercover.  Found on their Boys and Girls Renounce The World album - within their Anthology I box set - it was the first song listed... though one had to rewind the disc through the song once the album started playing, else "Boys & Girls" would automatically play first.
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:19 pm

crucifyd wrote:the second pressing of "Stone" by Sometime Sunday has a bonus track. It's 20 minutes long and has a bunch of different things. a couple songs, the guys talking, some humor etc...good stuff

"Drain" by Sometime Sunday has, at the end of track 12, a 20-ish minute track of similar content including a hilarious mockery of metal...

Galactic Cowboys "Space In Your Face" has three tracks (#10 #20 #32)

I know of several more but they are escaping me...
Thanks man, you saved me the work of finding those cd’s with the hidden tracks...one of these days I’ll get them out of the box they are packed away in...cause my interest is piqued! 

By the way, this is a great topic Bought for Life... I love hidden tracks... but sometimes it’s a pain to rip’ em to the computer
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:39 pm

just to reiterate, the first pressing of Stone doesn't have the extras...

and, I just compared the two pressings. I misspoke (?) before. track #11, titled "Home" is on both pressings. Home is 7:49 and on the 2nd pressing at 7:49 there is silence for awhile, then it goes into the other things I described. track total time is 20:23

on Drain track #12, titled "Ebb" is 23:56. there is a song until 2:16 then again there is silence for a bit and miscellaneous stuff starts. I'm not sure if there is another pressing of this one that doesn't have the hidden stuff which makes me wonder, if there are no other pressings, is it really hidden/extra/bonus as it's just a track that is really long with a bunch of stuff on it...

thinking too hard...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:20 pm

Still Life of Peace is one of the best songs the Galactic Cowboys did.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Antithesis had a hidden track called "Secret Fires" which is a really good acoustic bit.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:51 pm

On the Human "Out of the Dust" album there's a hidden cover of "Bullet the Blue Sky."  It's a good hard rock/alt album and Billy Smiley wrote a lot of the songs.  Total hidden gem.

Hidden songs/unlisted tracks (like Zion's "Thrillseeker") R-5990347-1422312869-6132.jpeg
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:29 am

Bride had an infamous hidden track at the end of their 1988 release, Live to Die.  It sounded like a mix between Yoko Ono singing and lambs being slaughtered.  It scared the mess out of me the first time I heard it.
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:13 am

Oh yeah, forgot about that Bride track. It was awful on purpose.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:15 am

Kerrick wrote:
Snert I wrote:As far as I know there are a few CDs with a bonus track before the first track - so you have to press "rewind" to reach them. Does anybody know if there are any christian albums with such a bonus track?

Antestor - The Forsaken has that supposedly, though I've never tried it since I no longer have a dedicated CD player.  :/

In true, the 'hidden' track is the female voice before Rites Of Death starts...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:19 am

LexMetalis wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if iTunes or whatever automatically rips the hidden part because I just thought the female vocals at the beginning were part of the song and that there was an additional hidden track...  Thanks for the heads-up!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 am

Kerrick wrote:
LexMetalis wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if iTunes or whatever automatically rips the hidden part because I just thought the female vocals at the beginning were part of the song and that there was an additional hidden track...  Thanks for the heads-up!
That would make sense since on the Det Tapte Liv EP, Rites Of Death is those 30 seconds shorter and just starts in with the riff and not the female vocals

I was always curious as to why they would just cut that bit off the beginning, that would explain it cheers
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:01 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

I don't have that album, but I have to ask my brother if he knows about that hidden part on his copy Smile

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:13 pm

/< wrote:Bride had an infamous hidden track at the end of their 1988 release, Live to Die.  It sounded like a mix between Yoko Ono singing and lambs being slaughtered.  It scared the mess out of me the first time I heard it.

Yes, that one was pretty weird and scary. I always thought that this "track" and the end of Vengeance's song Beheaded would make up for a good "soundtrack" to scare away housebreakers (played behind a locked door or coming from the basement) affraid

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:40 pm

CD copies of The Showdown’s final album, Blood In The Gears included an unlisted final track called The Wolven Throne. 

The first pressing of The Infinite Order by Living Sacrifice also included an unlisted final track titled Of My Flesh, Of My Heart. The story goes that this was recorded with intent to use as a bonus track for the European release, but was accidentally included when they pressed the first batch using the wrong master tape. It wasn’t included in subsequent releases, and ironically, I’m not sure the special European release ever happened. 

Neither track is available for individual download that I’m aware of, but they should be accessible on Youtube for those interested.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:24 am

I remember Whiteheart has one on Highlands or Tales of Wonder that was a minute or 2 that became a full song on another album but I can't remember. Whitecross has one on 1987 I think.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:10 am

Soldier777 wrote:I remember Whiteheart has one on Highlands or Tales of Wonder that was a minute or 2 that became a full song on another album but I can't remember.

It was Tales of Wonder.  The song is "Morningstar."  The full song was recorded for the Nothing But the Best Radio Classics best-of album.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next