The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early 90's cds by 80's hair metal bands (Winger's Pull, Cinderella's Still Climbing, Poison's Native Tongue, etc)

+8
gunz1977
Soldier777
Follower of Jesus
WildWorld
Ammocas
MikeInFla
Black Rider
Staybrite
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Early 90's cds by 80's hair metal bands (Winger's Pull, Cinderella's Still Climbing, Poison's Native Tongue, etc) - Page 3 Empty Re: Early 90's cds by 80's hair metal bands (Winger's Pull, Cinderella's Still Climbing, Poison's Native Tongue, etc)

Post by Black Rider Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Badlands was some great stuff. You ever hear Red Sea? They sound like them with the singer from Die Happy.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Early 90's cds by 80's hair metal bands (Winger's Pull, Cinderella's Still Climbing, Poison's Native Tongue, etc) - Page 3 Empty Re: Early 90's cds by 80's hair metal bands (Winger's Pull, Cinderella's Still Climbing, Poison's Native Tongue, etc)

Post by Soldier777 Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:38 pm

I agree with Black Rider. Red Sea has the same bassist (Greg Chaisson) and drummer (Jeff Martin) as Badlands. I listened to the Badlands track that was posted in this thread and sounds really similar to Red Sea. Red Sea only released 1 album called Blood and Roxx Records reissued the album on CD and vinyl. The lead singer Robin Kyle Basauri sang on Die Happy, Joshua (2 tracks on Surrender) and Rock Power Praise Volume 2 Christmas Hymns on a couple of tacks. The guitar player Chris Howell is/was in the band Fear Not.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:17 am

Red Sea was really good and I mention them on Badlands videos every so often.
Their album had very poor distribution and was hard to find for many years, so I am glad to see that it recently got reissued.

I also really like Greg Chaisson's solo album "It's About Time."  It is more blues rock and not really metal or hard rock.  
It is pretty easy to find for cheap.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 am

I forgot about Greg's album, need to see if it's on YT to revisit it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:57 am

It's on YT and Spotify.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Listening, Singer really pounds those drums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Winger - Pull. I really liked.
Poison - Native Tongue. Awful.
Cinderella - Still Climbing. I did not like.
Tesla - Bust a Nut. OK
Dokken - Dysfunctional. OK
Skid Row - Slave to the Grind. Loved.
Warrant - Ultraphobic. Nope

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:57 am

PlaceOfASkull wrote:Winger - Pull. I really liked.
Tesla - Bust a Nut. OK
Early 90's cds by 80's hair metal bands (Winger's Pull, Cinderella's Still Climbing, Poison's Native Tongue, etc) - Page 3 220px-DysDokken
I remember this quite well. I saw it in the CD store the same time I saw Iron Maiden "X Factor". I had no idea either had been released. I remember reading an article about this Dokken album about how it was supposed to be the revival of the hair metal movement. John Koladner got them back together and it was supposed to be a big deal. After debuting at 47 on the Billboard charts it quickly disappeared. I heard it but don't remember anything about it.

I liked Still Climbing from Cinderella. Had some good tunes and I wish Sony would release the one they did after (maybe before?) this one.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:10 pm

PlaceOfASkull wrote:Winger - Pull. I really liked.
Tesla - Bust a Nut. OK
Skid Row-Slave to the Grind was one of the better ones to come out back then...I loved it.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:56 pm

PlaceOfASkull how could you not like Cinderella Still Climbing! That is a fantastic album! Razz
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Soldier777 wrote:I agree with Black Rider. Red Sea has the same bassist (Greg Chaisson) and drummer (Jeff Martin) as Badlands. I listened to the Badlands track that was posted in this thread and sounds really similar to Red Sea. Red Sea only released 1 album called Blood and Roxx Records reissued the album on CD and vinyl. The lead singer Robin Kyle Basauri sang on Die Happy, Joshua (2 tracks on Surrender) and Rock Power Praise Volume 2 Christmas Hymns on a couple of tacks. The guitar player Chris Howell is/was in the band Fear Not.

Robin also sang a couple of tracks on P.K. Mitchell's "All Hail The Power" album and then did all of the vocals on his "All Hail The Power II".
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:50 am

I also recommend Def Leppard - Retroactive, and Mr. Big - Bump Ahead.

Dog Eat Dog is Warrant’s finest!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:40 am

Retroactive is surprisingly good, wish they'd stayed in that sound.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:59 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I also recommend Def Leppard - Retroactive, and Mr. Big - Bump Ahead.

Two very solid albums.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:47 pm

Soldier777 wrote:PlaceOfASkull how could you not like Cinderella Still Climbing! That is a fantastic album! Razz
Because it was more bluesy.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3