The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albums with a great first track but then plummets into the abyss immediately after

+6
arttieTHE1manparty
/<
strype53
Black Rider
mothy
eatbugs
10 posters

Go down

Albums with a great first track but then plummets into the abyss immediately after Empty Albums with a great first track but then plummets into the abyss immediately after

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:59 am

I popped on Magdalen's "Revolution Mind" in the car today, an album that I have never actually listened to, only giving it a couple of spins to let it play in the background a looong time ago.

First track came on, the title track, Revolution Mind.

Great song...love it...thinking I'm stupid for not playing it sooner, and more often.

Then track 2 came on...

Man, this is not as good as the first track..but hey..not every song can be great. Skip.

Track 3 comes on...

Eh..not feeling this either...Skip.

Track 4...man, is this the same band? Skip.

Track 5...I really don't like this..skip.

Track 6....ok , this is getting ridiculous...skip.

Track 7...man, this sucks..skip.

Skip
Skip
Skip
Throw up
Skip
Skip
Skip

Whole album wound up being a skip....except the first song.

Have you guys ever come across this with another album?

Back to top Go down

Albums with a great first track but then plummets into the abyss immediately after Empty Re: Albums with a great first track but then plummets into the abyss immediately after

Post by eatbugs Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Golgatha - Merry-go-Round.

I heard the song on a compilation album, spent a lot on the import CD, then realized there were only two good songs on it.

Incidentally, I like Magdalen - Revolution Mind as a whole.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Albums with a great first track but then plummets into the abyss immediately after Empty Re: Albums with a great first track but then plummets into the abyss immediately after

Post by mothy Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:44 pm

For me it was Mastedon - Its a Jungle Out There!. 

I heard the title track on an sampler and bought that album way back and it just didn't keep up with me at the time. Dont know if it would today or not.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:16 pm

There are plenty of albuns like this. Though, the only that comes to mind is Broken silence - discerning the times

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:There are plenty of albuns like this. Though, the only that comes to mind is Broken silence - discerning the times

Whaaaaaat!!!!

I love that album.....it is actually one of my favorites

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Going to be so much opinions. I love It's a Jungle Out There. First album that came to mind was Force 3.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:00 pm

I used to think that about Novella's One Big Sky. I loved the song Do We Just Surrender, but none of the others seemed to be as good.  However, I revisited it not to long ago, and the rest of the album sounded better than I remembered.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:54 am

The Watchmen "Fear No Evil" album... The title track smokes; the rest is pretty much forgettable.
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 am

Force 3, for sure. Lightforce "Mystical Thieves" fits, too. Love Mastedon...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:23 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:Force 3, for sure.  Lightforce "Mystical Thieves" fits, too.  Love Mastedon...

Arttie
I do agree on Mystical Thieves, never heard Force 3 and judging on other opinions Im not missing much.

GBR!
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 am

/< wrote:The Watchmen "Fear No Evil" album... The title track smokes; the rest is pretty much forgettable.

The Watchmen's Generation is bad too

Starts off with Turn, which is a great track, then the rest of the album is wrecthed

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Ahhh, I like those Watchmen albums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Black Rider wrote:Ahhh, I like those Watchmen albums.

Same here, sure I could do without the sax stuff on Generations, but other than that I really dig it.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Tourniquet....pathogenic... Shocked

......just kid'n Cool
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm

I like this album.  I do feel, however, that it would be better received with a different name (not just a respelling) and a couple less songs.  This is Lanny's band and not Lanny's and Ken's anymore.  For many, the magic was gone because Tamplin was out.  I like the album and actually get what they were trying to do.  I don't think that most fans of the first record really gave the second a chance.

As for the question:

Force 3 - Warriors Of Light
Stryken

With Stryken, the opening song got me to give it a chance, but even that opening song isn't great.  The album went down hill after that. It sounds like a bad Twisted Sister tribute band.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:35 am

sentient, that not funny... 

sentient 6 wrote:Tourniquet....pathogenic... Shocked

......just kid'n Cool
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down