The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relent - Heart Attack

3 posters

Go down

Relent - Heart Attack Empty Relent - Heart Attack

Post by Wigeon Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:46 pm

These guys deserve some serious exposure and success. They say that they are "Nu Metal", which is true to a certain extent. However, these cats from San Antonio are much more than your typical run-of-the-mill Nu Metal band. Their music is catchy, heavy, melodic, and just overall fantastic. They just released their first album "Heart Attack", which is available on Spotify, Google Play, Amazon, iTunes, etc. If you asked me what they sound like, I would say a cross between P.O.D. and Sevendust, with hints of Living Sacrifice's heaviness and aggression, and maybe some Linkin Park-like vocals but better. They are unique and have really good song writing skills. I had the pleasure of seeing these guys open for Death Therapy in Austin last year and talk with the guys after the show. Give them a listen and help support them if you choose.

I love the running bass line in this song:

Love the riffs and energy in this one:

The riffs in this one are brutal - 

Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Relent - Heart Attack Empty Re: Relent - Heart Attack

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Sounds like I may need to check them out...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:19 am

Now that I do like!  I was getting tired of so much modern stuff because they want to sound just like Skillet or use too much "core" vocals.  This has clean vocals with big harmonies.  I could listen to this a lot.  As a matter of fact, I think I will!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:41 pm

I agree, I don't like much (if any) nu-metal or "modern" metal. I can take some of it in small amounts. Same with metal-core (except for Phinehas, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, and a few other unique and talented bands that I love). But Relent is different. Catchy, heavy, something about their music and song writing just gets stuck in my head and makes me want to move around and bang my head. Part of it may be the fact that I got to see them perform live and talk to the guys. That usually increases interest in a band, at least for me. Same thing happened over 25 years ago when I saw Mortal. I didn't like them until I saw them perform live and got to meet and talk to the guys. Time will tell, but I've been listening to them often and a lot and I'm not getting tired of them yet.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:45 pm

The more I think about it, their sound reminds me more of the mid-late 90s rap-core sound instead of Nu Metal or modern rock. Bands like P.O.D and E.D.L., but with better harmonies and vocals and very small amounts of rap.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm addicted to this song. If you like bass guitar, check it.

Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down