The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper - Yellow and Black Attack

+2
d@v!d
Galations6.7
6 posters

Go down

Stryper - Yellow and Black Attack Empty Stryper - Yellow and Black Attack

Post by Galations6.7 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:54 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRYPER-Yellow-and-Black-Attack-JAPAN-1st-Press-CD-1987-32DP769-W-Obi-MEGA-RARE-/121139640777?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item1c347c39c9

For those who can afford it. I have my copy (one of my all time favorites) but it cost me much less than that.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Yellow and Black Attack Empty Re: Stryper - Yellow and Black Attack

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Galations6.7 wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRYPER-Yellow-and-Black-Attack-JAPAN-1st-Press-CD-1987-32DP769-W-Obi-MEGA-RARE-/121139640777?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item1c347c39c9

For those who can afford it. I have my copy (one of my all time favorites) but it cost me much less than that.
This reminds me of a peeve topic of mine. Sometime I want to by an out of print disk so I can have a legitimate copy of the music, not to hold onto a collector's piece of plastic only to find the only copies for sale are outrageously priced like the above sample.

Last edited by d@v!d on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Like I said, I acquired mine at a hugely cheaper price. I just know that I've now only seen it for sale a total of three times and I bought mine years ago.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 am

As if the price wasn't bad enough, the 1987 date on it suggests it could be the remixed version,  not the original. Personally,  I didn't like the remix.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 am

These  CBS Sony Japan version of the Yellow and Black Attack with the 6 original songs and Winter Wonderland, Reason for the Season and My Love I'll Always Show as far as I know has the 1986 remix for at least the original 6 songs. Basically for the high price you are paying for the artwork. I have the Holy Wood Records 1986 8 song CD version and I have the cassette to the original 6 song EP.

I would love to have the CBS Sony Japan version but I am not paying that price. Bring it down to around $40 or $50 and I will consider it. I have a lot of rare CDs in my collection and I have always been fortunate to get them for a decent price like Joshua Intense Defense, Recon behind Enemy Lines and Live at Cornerstone 2001 and Deliverance Live At Cornerstone 2001.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:16 am

I understand that some people like collecting rare pieces of plastic and put a high value on them, but it just sucks for me as I really only care about hearing the music. Fortunately some things can be purchased digitally now days.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Nice Guy Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 am

Galations6.7 wrote:For those who can afford it.
 Looks like somebody just needs money  tongue
Mr. Nice Guy
Mr. Nice Guy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:57 pm

metaldude wrote:As if the price wasn't bad enough, the 1987 date on it suggests it could be the remixed version,  not the original. Personally,  I didn't like the remix.

Actually, it is the ORIGINAL mix. Which I why I purchased it in the first place. I myself do not care for the REMIXED version but LOVE the original.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Galations6.7 wrote:
metaldude wrote:As if the price wasn't bad enough, the 1987 date on it suggests it could be the remixed version,  not the original. Personally,  I didn't like the remix.

Actually, it is the ORIGINAL mix. Which I why I purchased it in the first place. I myself do not care for the REMIXED version but LOVE the original.

Strange!  I chatted w/another guy who lamented the fact that he paid top dollar for the Japanese press w/the original artwork, only to discover the remixed audio upon playing it?
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:13 pm

There is a question I forgot to ask: What version of My Love I'll Always Show is on the CBS/Sony Japan version of Yellow and Black Attack? The ballad version or the rock version?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down