The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First song from the Zion Remix / Remaster ..and it sounds incredible

+10
rtz
deathisgain
bigtreads
arttieTHE1manparty
Black Rider
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
strype53
Soldier777
oldschooldoom
14 posters

Go down

First song from the Zion Remix / Remaster ..and it sounds incredible Empty First song from the Zion Remix / Remaster ..and it sounds incredible

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:58 am

Back to top Go down

First song from the Zion Remix / Remaster ..and it sounds incredible Empty Re: First song from the Zion Remix / Remaster ..and it sounds incredible

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Because all songs were great to begin with
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

bigtreads likes this post

Back to top Go down

First song from the Zion Remix / Remaster ..and it sounds incredible Empty Re: First song from the Zion Remix / Remaster ..and it sounds incredible

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:04 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Because all songs were great to begin with

The remixed/remastered version sounds even better though

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm

I have the original CD. I'm listening to this and it seems off like bass heavy and the snare drum sounds weird. I eased off on the bass on my computer speaker subwoofer and it sounds better. I'm considering getting the CD and vinyl.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Is this available for pre-order yet?
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Have never heard this, interested in hearing more. I like this vocal delivery better than anything in GX Project.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

bigtreads likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:57 pm

This doesn't even sound like the same album.  This really sounds more like it was re-recorded than remixed and remastered!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:37 pm

strype53 wrote:Is this available for pre-order yet?

This Week

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Eh, I don't mind the original and this kind of flattens out the instrumentation.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:58 pm

I want to order both the vinyl and cd, but it is a little steep for me. I think I might have to think about it for a while.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:59 pm

I plan to get the CD, but I have to say that I think the original is still a pretty good listen as it is.  The drums are a bit muddy in spots, but considering this was on an absurdly small label with no real budget...in the 80s...I think it sounds really good.  I was actually spinning it this past week.

Can't get rid of my original, however, as Rex signed it for me when I met him 5 years ago at SkullFest.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:44 pm

love this album - wish they continued in this style - hope they make a digital download available.
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 pm

I still need to order this. I think I am just going to order the cd though.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:09 pm

I never had the album, but listening to the tracks compared to what I have listened to on Youtube of the old stuff, it is much better. I can't wait to see my artwork all bigly on the vinyl. Very Happy
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:08 pm

$50 for the vinyl & cd....or $37 for just the vinyl. Pretty steep pricing...No pricing on the web page. You have to click thru to PayPal to get the pricing.

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.electric40 Fri May 03, 2019 8:00 am

I might get this... but yes it does sound like parts were completely re-recorded...

frankly I dont care for the new drum sound... I never thought the drums on the original were terrible, better than most of that era.... Zaffiro did a great job getting the sounds they did...
mr.electric40
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Highway Star Fri May 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Black Rider wrote:Eh, I don't mind the original and this kind of flattens out the instrumentation.
To me, that's the problem with a lot remasters and new music releases. The dynamic range is lost with all the compression now used.
Highway Star
Highway Star
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Temple of Blood and alldatndensum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 25, 2019 5:42 am

I received mine in the mail yesterday and was so excited.  After my first listen, I am less than impressed.

The bass is WAY too high in the mix and drowns out the drums except for the high hat.  The rhythm guitars are a lot crisper, but the leads are too far back making them sound like an afterthought.  Rex's vocals are too far back in the mix making the lyrics incredibly hard to discern for me.  The final song wasn't remixed like the rest of this, so they just remastered the original.  It sounds completely opposite of the rest of the album, to me.  So, I inserted my own personal remaster of this song into my MP3 version that sounds much better to my ears.

I will give this a couple more spins, but on first impression this just isn't the treatment this album deserved.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat May 25, 2019 5:46 pm

^alldatndensum, someone complained complaining on facebook the CD was a CDR. I know from talking to Bill Roxx about the second disc of the 2010 Intense Millennium of Bloodgood and Detonation that the second disc has a blue play side which is a CDR. I have the rare version that has the second disc for these 2 Bloodgood albums. Bill said that where under a certain quantity were pressed (under 300 or 500, I forget), that the music can only be pressed to CDR.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat May 25, 2019 6:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:The final song wasn't remixed like the rest of this, so they just remastered the original.  It sounds completely opposite of the rest of the album, to me.

If you are talking about "The Big Fall", I believe that is a rerecord. I remember Rex saying that they couldn't rescue the masters of that one, or it was lost, so they went in and rerecorded it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Soldier777 wrote:^alldatndensum, someone complained complaining on facebook the CD was a CDR. I know from talking to Bill Roxx about the second disc of the 2010 Intense Millennium of Bloodgood and Detonation that the second disc has a blue play side which is a CDR. I have the rare version that has the second disc for these 2 Bloodgood albums. Bill said that where under a sertain quantity were pressed (under 300 or 500, I forget), that the music can only be pressed to CDR.

I ran into that with my last two Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band releases.  If you print too few, then they will do what they call "pro CD-Rs".  They are CD-Rs, but the face is at least professionally printed.

I don't mind the CD-R.  It is the overall sound quality that I don't like.  Even as a bass player primarily, this is too bass heavy and it hurts the rest of the instruments.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:15 pm

I never bought this because of all the criticism about the mix,  but it is now on Spotify.  I have mixed feelings about the new mix / remixes.   Some songs work better than others.  Overall it is a bit too bass heavy and I agree the drums are a bit weirdly mixed.

On some songs it is just clear that the original mix was so much better, like Roll The Rock.   Right now I'm wishing I hadn't sold off my original press CD, or at least I wish it was available as a download somewhere.

Hey apparently these guys played the 2023 Immortal Festival on Labor Day weekend!  Did anyone catch any of that?  
Is there video?

And....they released a new song in 2021!    I had no idea.  It's called "Can't Hold Me Down."   It's on their site.

https://www.zion-theband.com/
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:43 pm

Hey apparently these guys played the 2023 Immortal Festival on Labor Day weekend!  Did anyone catch any of that? Is there video?

I want you to read that paragraph and think about it.  😂
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and JaggedDoctrine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:13 pm

Oops...I was just in a massive hurry today, lol !  Not really thinking too clearly apparently....

Well hopefully the above info is at least helpful and interesting.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Staybrite, Follower of Jesus and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down