The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the Regency Records compilations from the 80's

Go down

regency - Question about the Regency Records compilations from the 80's Empty Question about the Regency Records compilations from the 80's

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:45 am

Specifically asking about these albums:

California Metal
California Metal II
East Coast Metal
Underground Metal
Underground Metal II

I have often read that, for the California Metal release, Regency had the bands re-record their songs specifically for the album. I assume that this was because most of the bands only had cheap demo quality tracks availble, and Regency wanted them to sound better.

Does anyone know if all 5 were done the same way?

Back to top Go down

regency - Question about the Regency Records compilations from the 80's Empty Re: Question about the Regency Records compilations from the 80's

Post by Staybrite Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:01 am

Oh wow, no clue....but interested to hear the answer if anyone else knows.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

regency - Question about the Regency Records compilations from the 80's Empty Re: Question about the Regency Records compilations from the 80's

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 am

Staybrite wrote:Oh wow, no clue....but interested to hear the answer if anyone else knows.

I wish I knew who to ask..Googling doesn't seem to help  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:25 am

Underground Metal seems to be a mix

"Production values vary in that many tracks were re-recorded specifically for the project while others were taken from the bands original demo tapes." 

Source: https://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/v/vaugm88.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:28 am

Until today, I never thought to read the reviews over at Angelic Warlord for these albums...
I just Googled trying to get an answer..lol

East Coast Metal was all recorded in studio for the album

"First and foremost, East Coast Metal does not consist of material taken from a bunch of muddy sounding demo tapes; rather, each band went into the studio and recorded its material from scratch.  " 

Source: https://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/v/vaecm88.html

Last edited by Bought4Life on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:30 am

And of course California Metal was new recordings..

"Please note that California Metal does not encompass tracks taken from a bunch of thin and muddy sounding demo tapes.  Regency, instead, made the wise decision to bring each band into the studio and record its material from scratch" 

Source: https://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/v/vacm87.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:33 am

Thus far... 3 down 2 to go

California Metal - new recordings made for album

California Metal II - unknown at this time still

East Coast Metal - new recordings made for album

Underground Metal - mix of new recordings made for album and songs pulled from prior demo recordings

Underground Metal IIunknown at this time still

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 am

While I am still trying to get the last two answered, I do have another question.

Are there any other compilations that have ever taken this approach, having the bands record new versions specifically for the compilation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down