The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Arkelyn Steel Records' remaster of Battalion "Runaway"

4 posters

Go down

Question about Arkelyn Steel Records' remaster of Battalion "Runaway" Empty Question about Arkelyn Steel Records' remaster of Battalion "Runaway"

Post by Guest Tue May 25, 2021 5:33 pm

I really hadn't listened to this much since buying it back when the remaster first came out in 2012, but I gave it some spins in the car and was really impressed.

One thing I noticed though...

Track 2..Runaway....has small glitch at 3:12

I checked the disc and the disc is perfect. No scratches or imperfections at all. It rips to mp3 with the glitch in it also.

If you have the Arkelyn Steel Records version, can you let me know if you have it on yours also?

Back to top Go down

Question about Arkelyn Steel Records' remaster of Battalion "Runaway" Empty Re: Question about Arkelyn Steel Records' remaster of Battalion "Runaway"

Post by Tombie Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 am

I have it and didn't notice anything. Listened to it a few times.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Question about Arkelyn Steel Records' remaster of Battalion "Runaway" Empty Re: Question about Arkelyn Steel Records' remaster of Battalion "Runaway"

Post by Staybrite Wed May 26, 2021 4:03 pm

I almost got that one, but either didn't have the money or forgot about it at the time.  I'm guessing it's probably out of print now too.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:I almost got that one, but either didn't have the money or forgot about it at the time.  I'm guessing it's probably out of print now too.

I just ordered a new one from Hell's Headbangers to see if mine is defective or if it is in the recording.

They made a 1,000 of them. That's a lot for an obscure 80's/90's Christian metal band. Not only has the market for Christian metal from that era dried up (tastes changed and fans have either passed away or are simply too old to care anymore..lol) but the reissue CD market has dried up as a whole.

I still see releases from Roxx, Girder, and Retroactive that were limited to 500 or 1,000 but years later are still available new.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Tombie wrote:I have it and didn't notice anything. Listened to it a few times.

Thanks

I have a new one on order

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 29, 2021 11:34 am

I haven't noticed a glitch in mine, either.

I do like that it sounds fuller than the original, though.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:38 am

The new one arrived and it doesn't have the glitch.

I find this rather concerning.

The original one I purchased brand new direct from the label. I ripped it to mp3 and never played the disc since. The glitch was in both the mp3 and the CD.

The disc is perfect. Not a single smudge or scratch. Even when put under direct light.

It makes me wonder how often this type of thing can happen, as I have a habit of buying CDs and not listening to them for many months after I buy them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Bought4Life wrote:They made a 1,000 of them. That's a lot for an obscure 80's/90's Christian metal band. Not only has the market for Christian metal from that era dried up (tastes changed and fans have either passed away or are simply too old to care anymore..lol) but the reissue CD market has dried up as a whole.

I still see releases from Roxx, Girder, and Retroactive that were limited to 500 or 1,000 but years later are still available new.

Those AS reissues usually sell out AFAIK.

They're not marketed as "Christian metal" even when they are, and seem to be popular in Europe, unlike Christian metal.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:20 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:They made a 1,000 of them. That's a lot for an obscure 80's/90's Christian metal band. Not only has the market for Christian metal from that era dried up (tastes changed and fans have either passed away or are simply too old to care anymore..lol) but the reissue CD market has dried up as a whole.

Those AS reissues usually sell out AFAIK.

They're not marketed as "Christian metal" even when they are, and seem to be popular in Europe, unlike Christian metal.

This is one of those exceptions then.

Not only does their eBay account still offer them, but if you go to Arkeyn Steel/Steelgalley's page you can still buy them (they show in stock).

I've actually bought two additional copies this past month.

This release apparently didn't do too well. Odd considering the original goes for decent money. 

Oh well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down