The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-It Note Racism

3 posters

Go down

Post-It Note Racism Empty Post-It Note Racism

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:58 pm

As you may have read in another post by me, I purchased the digital album from a band called Crucifix on Bandcamp (Crucifix on Bandcamp )

Well, I intend to take the lossless FLAC and burn it to CD (yes, I love CDs)....I also happen to have a really bad memory....so I leave index cards and Post-It notes everywhere with little reminders on them or else it will take me weeks to get around to doing it..

Hence I scribbled a little reminder onto a Post-It note and stuck it on my kitchen counter....written on the reminder was a simple, to the point message that would jog my memory. "Burn Crucifix".

Didn't really think anything about it until I had a repairman come out to work on the oven door...

While the guy was talking to me about the repair, I noticed he kept looking down at the counter over by the microwave. I looked over and there, in plain site, was my little reminder to "Burn Crucifix".

I made a joking comment about the note, and explained to him why it was there ...even showed him the bandcamp page on my phone....he laughed and said he was wondering about that.....and he seemed cool with it...but who really knows if he believed it  Razz 

He was a white male, btw

Back to top Go down

Post-It Note Racism Empty Re: Post-It Note Racism

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:34 pm

I need to make post it notes. So many things I never get around to doing. And if I probably made post it notes they would just lay around never getting done anyway.

Reminds me of an embarrassing moment... One time at work a guy said he bought some moisture wicking boxer briefs but he didn't like them. He had two packs and didn't open one. Asked if I wanted to try them out. So we had a running joke "give me your used panties". He said send him a text to remind him to bring them the next day. So I sent a text that said "dont forget to give me your used panties"........ Except I didn't send it to him, I sent it to our TEENAGE babysitter! Embarassed Who in turn showed it to her dad. Surprisingly when he saw it he laughed and told her "Mike is a good guy surely that isn't what you think". I also work with him so I called him and explained the whole story and he said "If you sent that to someone else you might be in a lot of trouble!". Once they knew the story they got a huge kick out of it but I will never be texting anything like that ever again!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:58 pm

Hahahaha oh wow, both of you guys got a legitimate "LOL" out of me.  Too good.

I've shared before the time I accidentally sent a picture of a handgun and text saying, "10 days Very Happy " to a girl I barely knew and hadn't spoken to in years.  (I meant to send it to my sister who knew I was shopping for a new gun and that Commiefornia requires a 10-day wait period between buying and picking up firearms...  Instead, I sent it to a girl with similar name who I had volunteered with once at a church group in college and just never bothered cleaning out my phone contacts.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:43 pm

MikeInFla wrote:I need to make post it notes. So many things I never get around to doing. And if I probably made post it notes they would just lay around never getting done anyway.

Reminds me of an embarrassing moment... One time at work a guy said he bought some moisture wicking boxer briefs but he didn't like them. He had two packs and didn't open one. Asked if I wanted to try them out. So we had a running joke "give me your used panties". He said send him a text to remind him to bring them the next day. So I sent a text that said "dont forget to give me your used panties"........ Except I didn't send it to him, I sent it to our TEENAGE babysitter! Embarassed Who in turn showed it to her dad. Surprisingly when he saw it he laughed and told her "Mike is a good guy surely that isn't what you think". I also work with him so I called him and explained the whole story and he said "If you sent that to someone else you might be in a lot of trouble!". Once they knew the story they got a huge kick out of it but I will never be texting anything like that ever again!

That is awesome....

Not to mention that you gave me a good excuse next time I get caught texting that Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  

Just Joking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:Hahahaha oh wow, both of you guys got a legitimate "LOL" out of me.  Too good.

I've shared before the time I accidentally sent a picture of a handgun and text saying, "10 days Very Happy " to a girl I barely knew and hadn't spoken to in years.  (I meant to send it to my sister who knew I was shopping for a new gun and that Commiefornia requires a 10-day wait period between buying and picking up firearms...  Instead, I sent it to a girl with similar name who I had volunteered with once at a church group in college and just never bothered cleaning out my phone contacts.)

You're coming after her... Razz...

How did she react?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 pm

Well when I realized what happened a couple days later I messaged her back and she responded that she figured as much.  Phew!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Kerrick wrote:Well when I realized what happened a couple days later I messaged her back and she responded that she figured as much.  Phew!

In the meantime, from the time you text her the gun until the time you messaged her back to explain, she probably hid in a fetal position in her closet afraid to come out because some guy was hunting her   ...

I can see her now..

"I knew that devil Iron Maiden music would make him snap one day"

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:02 pm

Hahahahaha yeah probably...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:07 am

I think we've all had foibles like that.

A few years ago in my youth group, I was joking around with some of my guys.  I would come up with these stupid ideas of things to do that I knew they would not go for.  They would argue with me and tell me how bad those ideas were.  Getting them to argue with me was the whole point!  Anyway, one of the guys shot an idea down.  I used a line I had used many times on him.  "Do you hear that, Funsucker?  That's the sound of you sucking the fun out of it!"  Sadly, I got tongue twisted and flipped the s in sucking and the f in fun for something a bit weird for a youth pastor to say.

Needless to say, we didn't get much done with our youth group lesson that night!  I miss those kids, but they are all grown and gone now.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I think we've all had foibles like that.

A few years ago in my youth group, I was joking around with some of my guys.  I would come up with these stupid ideas of things to do that I knew they would not go for.  They would argue with me and tell me how bad those ideas were.  Getting them to argue with me was the whole point!  Anyway, one of the guys shot an idea down.  I used a line I had used many times on him.  "Do you hear that, Funsucker?  That's the sound of you sucking the fun out of it!"  Sadly, I got tongue twisted and flipped the s in sucking and the f in fun for something a bit weird for a youth pastor to say.

Needless to say, we didn't get much done with our youth group lesson that night!  I miss those kids, but they are all grown and gone now.

Doh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down