The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A post from my blog

+4
d@v!d
Candlemass
Staybrite
Gandalf the White
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A post from my blog Empty A post from my blog

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm not posting this to spark debate, but to provoke thought. Just my take on something, probably meaningless to most of the world.

http://easiertoputon.blogspot.com/2015/02/fifty-shades-of-salem-witch-trials.html
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

A post from my blog Empty Re: A post from my blog

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Good points you made there, I have to agree with much of it.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Drivel...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:23 pm

What Staybrite said.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:13 pm

A post from my blog 10948734_879214108808898_1927868671_n
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Candlemass wrote:Drivel...
I don't have the time right now to read the drivel, but I'll put the hate on once I have. Wink
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:21 pm

OK, Here is comes....
 The problem with this film is that it celebrates horrible things. The Bible tells horrible tails but doesn't celebrate them.

Last edited by d@v!d on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm sorry Candie - given your typical verbosity and garrulousness here, I'm still unsure if you're labeling Fifty Shades drivel or my blog post...
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 pm

d@v!d wrote:
 The problem with this film is that it celebrates horrible things. The Bible tells horrible tails but doesn't celebrate them.

Did you read the whole post?

And while it may not "celebrate" some of those things, we do celebrate the death of an innocent man after a brutal beating.

I think you missed the point I was making - instead of condemning folks we don't know on social media, why don't we focus on those in our lives and make a difference for Jesus there?
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:

I'm sorry Candie - given your typical verbosity and garrulousness here, I'm still unsure if you're labeling Fifty Shades drivel or my blog post...

Neither, I haven't read your blog... alien
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:49 pm

d@v!d wrote:A post from my blog 10948734_879214108808898_1927868671_n
But it isn't the same woman.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:54 am

And while it may not "celebrate" some of those things, we do celebrate the death of an innocent man after a brutal beating.

We do?  Define "we".  Who would this innocent man be that we are celebrating dying?  I have yet to celebrate anyone's death.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:19 am

Ok, I read the blog now, and it is complete drivel! Your arguments are weak, and your assessment of the "hatred" toward the movie is erroneous. Also, your idea that this film will have little to no affect on marriage/sexuality/relationships is absurd. While it is unsettling that this movie will reach the masses, I am grateful that your blog won't...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:21 am

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:31 am

alldatndensum wrote:

We do?  Define "we".  Who would this innocent man be that we are celebrating dying?  I have yet to celebrate anyone's death.

You don't celebrate Jesus' death on the cross?
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:33 am

Candlemass wrote:Ok, I read the blog now, and it is complete drivel! Your arguments are weak, and your assessment of the "hatred" toward the movie is erroneous. Also, your idea that this film will have little to no affect on marriage/sexuality/relationships is absurd. While it is unsettling that this movie will reach the masses, I am grateful that your blog won't...

Thanks Candie! I can always rely on you to build me up in the faith... I wish my faith and intelligence was so strong that I could treat other people the way you do. It must be awesome to be so... awesome.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:41 am

Gandalf the White wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Celebrate, yes. Entertained by it? No. Also, I must state that my celebration of His death is only valid when linked to the resurrection, for His resurrection is the foundation of our faith, not His death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:05 am

Adam wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Celebrate, yes. Entertained by it? No. Also, I must state that my celebration of His death is only valid when linked to the resurrection, for His resurrection is the foundation of our faith, not His death.

I never said anyone was entertained by it. I said we celebrate it. In fact, we have a holiday for it - Good Friday. And yes, of course his death is valid because of the Resurrection but without the death, the resurrection would not have occurred.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:07 am

Gandalf the White wrote:
Candlemass wrote:Ok, I read the blog now, and it is complete drivel! Your arguments are weak, and your assessment of the "hatred" toward the movie is erroneous. Also, your idea that this film will have little to no affect on marriage/sexuality/relationships is absurd. While it is unsettling that this movie will reach the masses, I am grateful that your blog won't...

Thanks Candie! I can always rely on you to build me up in the faith... I wish my faith and intelligence was so strong that I could treat other people the way you do. It must be awesome to be so... awesome.
I was just commenting on your blog, it was not a personal attack on your faith nor your character...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:12 am

Let me pose a specfic question to alldat and Candie -

You guys seem to be the most vocal about my post. alldat, I know you're Southern Baptist and Candie, you're painfully Catholic.

Can either of you see the possible relationship between what I talk about in my blog post and the reason that people are leaving both of your denominations in frightening numbers?
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 am

Candlemass wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:

I was just commenting on your blog, it was not a personal attack on your faith nor your character...

Of course not. You called the opinions I formed from my faith drivel - silly nonsense. That says nothing of me personally at all...Rolling Eyes
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:35 am

I wasn't aware that folks were leaving either in "frightening numbers", but if they are, perhaps that's a good thing, could be God cutting off the dead branches...

If your opinions on that blog are a direct result of your faith, I find that disturbing...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:48 am

We celebrate the sacrificial death of Christ on our behalf, quite different if we were to merely celebrate the brutal beating and death of an innocent man apart from that, in fact, not worthy of comparison. Another unworthy comparison would be the Salem witch trials to the critique of this film, rather absurd...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:51 am

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 am

Candlemass wrote:I wasn't aware that folks were leaving either in "frightening numbers", but if they are, perhaps that's a good thing, could be God cutting off the dead branches...

If your opinions on that blog are a direct result of your faith, I find that disturbing...

"One of three people who were raised Catholic no longer identifies as Catholic... Any other institution that lost one-third of its members would want to know why."

from the National Catholic Reporter

http://ncronline.org/news/faith-parish/hidden-exodus-catholics-becoming-protestants

"The report shows 69 percent of adults across Latin America identify as Catholic. This is down from most of the 20th century, when at least 90 percent of the region’s population was Catholic.

The survey says the movement away from the Catholic Church stems from people converting to Protestant denominations -- a trend that began in the 1970s, when Pentecostal, Baptist and Methodist churches grew in the region."

from http://www.ibtimes.com/more-latin-america-catholics-are-leaving-church-protestant-denominations-report-1723289

"Those who have left Catholicism outnumber those who have joined the Catholic Church by nearly a four-to-one margin. Overall, one-in-ten American adults (10.1%) have left the Catholic Church after having been raised Catholic, while only 2.6% of adults have become Catholic after having been raised something other than Catholic."

from http://www.pewforum.org/2009/04/27/faith-in-flux3/

Why are my opinions disturbing? You say these grandiose things and then say nothing to clarify.

Is it disturbing because I think we should focus on our neighbor instead of being the loudest mouthpiece on Facebook? Is it because it's sex and the RCC has some weird thing about sex? Is it merely because I said it and you just naturally disagree with me on a topic?
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next