The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exclusive interview with Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet)

+19
Tourniguy
Samson
bodachi
deathisgain
Wigeon
crucifyd
eatbugs
messiaen77
Kerrick
jeffcorpse
Aaron Guerra
Ted Kirkpatrick
Pro-Zak
5minutes
Airola
Sir Shred A Lot
Temple of Blood
Black Rider
Lex Metalis
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Exclusive interview with Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) - Page 3 Empty Re: Exclusive interview with Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet)

Post by Wigeon Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:27 pm

One thing is certain. The amount of criticism, bickering, drama, disappointment, and overall discussion is testament to how much this band has meant to most of us here (and the lurkers) over the years.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Exclusive interview with Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) - Page 3 Empty Re: Exclusive interview with Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet)

Post by eatbugs Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Wigeon wrote:Ah, just like the good ol' days of the Tourniquet Discussion Zone

I'm considering making a separate section on CMR called "The Theology Tourniquet Realm" and then lock it.   Twisted Evil Razz
Rolf 2 Rolf 1

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:14 pm

I think the most pressing question is: what does a "vinyl carp" smells like. It's mentioned at the beginning of "White Washed Tomb" off of the Intense Live album.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 am

Some people like carp...
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 am

Holy cow. There's more drama here than a Stryper thread.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:12 am

H.M. Murdock wrote:Holy cow. There's more drama here than a Stryper thread.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 5minutes Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:36 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
H.M. Murdock wrote:Holy cow. There's more drama here than a Stryper thread.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
The former TQT admins: we're Always There for You.

Honestly.
5minutes
5minutes
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tourniguy Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Oh my Gosh! It's been a long time.

Tourniguy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 pm

crucifyd wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
Sabbatharian wrote:I don't get all that disdain for Crawl to China, I think it's a fine album...

I think it was expectation vs. reality.

It was the farthest the Tourniquet pendulum swung away from thrash (not counting Acoustic Archives or the Carry the Wounded EP), making it the least aggressive studio album.  Also, prior to it The Collected Works came out and I remember hearing that "Perfect Night For a Hanging" was going to be the direction of the next album (Crawl to China).  It took a while to grow on me for those reasons.  Incidentally, it has two of my favorite Tourniquet songs on it (White Knucklin' the Rosary and What If I Was There).

I agree with this, pretty much how it went for me. I love CTC in it's own right...it was just such a departure from previous Tourniquet...

This is like the difference between Metallica fans... 
Some only like the classic first 4 thrash albums, and then there are the “mild people” that prefer the slower and more commercial era with the Black album & the Load stuff. Each side will say: I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t like this ____ album! 

Like everyone is supposed to think the same. Laughing
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:07 pm

Now going back to Aaron Guerra’s post...

Why did he comment on the departure of Erik Mendez? As far as I know he wasn’t in the band when Erik left. Was he there as a witness or voted? 

And as a fan since ‘91, it’s kind of disheartening to be told “it’s none of our business” when a prominent member leaves or disappears after we spend years caring about the band, spending money on their concerts, albums and merch. 

It’s like: thanks for your money, but you’re insignificant and don’t deserve the truth or a clear explanation!

*With the exception of something terrible and embarrassing revealed.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:50 pm

TZ75 wrote:Now going back to Aaron Guerra’s post...

Why did he comment on the departure of Erik Mendez? As far as I know he wasn’t in the band when Erik left. Was he there as a witness or voted? 

And as a fan since ‘91, it’s kind of disheartening to be told “it’s none of our business” when a prominent member leaves or disappears after we spend years caring about the band, spending money on their concerts, albums and merch. 

It’s like: thanks for your money, but you’re insignificant and don’t deserve the truth or a clear explanation!

He commented on Guy's departure too and Guy left even before Erik. I don't know what's so weird about that. He's been in the band since 1994 or so, so there's been plenty of time to learn about how things are and have been done.

And while I understand the frustration of not knowing details of things, it really is not our business to be honest. I'm first to admit I love juicy gossip and would love to hear every ugly and pretty detail of the relationships between band members of my favorite bands, but I still understand that it's not really my business and they have every right to share or not share things of private matter. The only thing that really is relevant is the music. We either like the music or don't. We either purchase the music or we don't. Us paying for the music doesn't give us any entitlement on knowing whatever happens in their personal lives inside or outside the band. Sure we LOVE to hear all and everything and I'd be glad to know all and everything, but the ball is on their court and they decide what they want to reveal to us. That goes to every single band and artist out there.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:03 pm

Of coarse no one can force any details about the departure of a member... but it just feels wrong when something you like is taken away and all you get is just a vague statement.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 pm

I think it’s plausible that at some point Ted may have realized that it’s more profitable to trim the band down to only him and Aaron. And I totally get it... Tourniquet is a business and the music industry isn’t what it used to be. I think it makes sense to use guest musicians like Marty Friedman or Chris Poland for solos, but without a permanent lead singer it doesn’t feel like an authentic band. More like a musical circus or variety show with Ted as the ringmaster. Even Dave Mustaine desired to get some long term replacements in his band after the falling out with Chris Broderick and Shawn Drover. The big difference is Megadeth make tons of money!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:34 am

Airola wrote:

He commented on Guy's departure too and Guy left even before Erik. I don't know what's so weird about that. He's been in the band since 1994 or so, so there's been plenty of time to learn about how things are and have been done.

And while I understand the frustration of not knowing details of things, it really is not our business to be honest. I'm first to admit I love juicy gossip and would love to hear every ugly and pretty detail of the relationships between band members of my favorite bands, but I still understand that it's not really my business and they have every right to share or not share things of private matter. The only thing that really is relevant is the music. We either like the music or don't. We either purchase the music or we don't. Us paying for the music doesn't give us any entitlement on knowing whatever happens in their personal lives inside or outside the band. Sure we LOVE to hear all and everything and I'd be glad to know all and everything, but the ball is on their court and they decide what they want to reveal to us. That goes to every single band and artist out there.
+1
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:33 am

BaleMaster wrote:
Airola wrote:

+1
+2
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:13 am

hmmm... Always wondering.... if any of us believes in Christ, and listens to christian music, and tries to uphold the words of the Lord....

How come that even in bands and their closest fans or former fans... all hell breaks loose now and then?  At the moment whitecross (Rex and Scott) seem to have an issue... Now here with tourniquet... In the past Petra had their issues... and more bands...

Just don't get it. It's just like we are secular people and have nothing to do with the kindness and brotherhood the Lord wants us to deal with...

makes me sad...  If we just look like any worldly band or fanbase in the way we cope with eachother... how will the world notice the difference? Or how seriously will the world take songtexts about love, and forgiveness when the bands that produces these words are on the meantime killing eachother or former members with words?

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Tourniquet seem to be just one of those bands!

I love STB
I think PS and POD are great
I think CTC is incredible, and Luke's best.
I think the newest one has some brilliant tracks.
The others are all okay - good, with the exception of MVTRwhich I dislike, although I know most LOVE that album

As for the personal issues.  Best way would be to get everyone back together to do just one song.  Wink
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3