The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liliac (Great band of siblings)

4 posters

Go down

Liliac (Great band of siblings) Empty Liliac (Great band of siblings)

Post by deathisgain Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am

A while back I came across this band on Youtube covering Metallica's "Enter Sandman". I was impressed. It's a family band made up of siblings. Recently they released their own song. I think there are some great things about it, but think they need to spend some time out on the road honing their chops and come back in a few years? I will say that their talent is great, I love the lead singers voice and the production is spot on. On the down side, I think there are some things in the song that could be better, the band tend to look like they are trying too hard to be a metal band with the way they act. What do you think?

Here they are performing Iron Maiden's "The Trooper"
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Liliac (Great band of siblings) Empty Re: Liliac (Great band of siblings)

Post by Black Rider Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Was a little cliche but i'm all for kids getting into metal so I appreciate this. The little guys were entertaining and decent players. Singer has a unique voice, I think she could really use that if they write their own stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:27 pm

I really dig both their original tune and their cover songs (been following them on youtube for the last month or so).  They are still very young so I can forgive their "metal antics".  I just hope they don't get heavily influenced by a producer to change their sounds into something more "modern" and end up sounding generic and dull (like much of modern rock/metal seems to me).  I watched it happen with a local artist who is younger, she was singing and recording music in the vein of a lot of 90's hard rock/grunge....a few years later and she releases a single that sounds like a generic modern radio rock.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:25 am

I actually like their sound and attempts to be metal.  It reminds me of bands like Faster Pussycat when they first hit.  They had chops that needed to improve and were definitely trying too hard to fit an image.  This band will get there.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down