The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper "God Damn Evil" pre-order now

+14
Opeth3232
WildWorld
Frozen Fire
My Awesome Timothy
messiaen77
alldatndensum
Lex Metalis
Hardcore Christian
Soldier777
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
MikeInFla
TMLMKE
bodachi
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stryper "God Damn Evil" pre-order now Empty Stryper "God Damn Evil" pre-order now

Post by bodachi Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Several packages available: gold colored vinyl, t-shirts, autographed cd's...
It's enough to make Joshua Peraiah a Muslim
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Stryper "God Damn Evil" pre-order now Empty Re: Stryper "God Damn Evil" pre-order now

Post by TMLMKE Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Ordered the CD and shirt package. Rockin Loud
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Stryper "God Damn Evil" pre-order now Empty Re: Stryper "God Damn Evil" pre-order now

Post by MikeInFla Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Link please
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:12 am

bodachi wrote:It's enough to make Joshua Peraiah a Muslim

lol! lol! lol!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
bodachi wrote:It's enough to make Joshua Peraiah a Muslim

lol! lol! lol!

I got a serious chuckle out of that one too.,  Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:30 am

Follower of Jesus, you had to bring that up didn't you, lololol! I must admit my initial reaction was laughter when I saw your post. I'm staying neutral where I'm a fan of both bands and have respect for both. Lets move on and discuss the new Stryper album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 am

Dang yellow vinyl sold out the first day.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Follower of Jesus, you had to bring that up didn't you, lololol! I must admit my initial reaction was laughter when I saw your post. I'm staying neutral where I'm a fan of both bands and have respect for both. Lets move on and discuss the new Stryper album.
Dude, I just laughed. I didn’t bring up Joshua, but I thought it was hilarious!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm

My apologies, bodachi brought it up. My mistake. Very Happy
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 am

Gonna order a CD for sure, but come on! That is literally the most boring T-shirt I could imagine for Stryper!

I mean its not like Im expecting some epic art like Impending Doom or Antestor

but the least they could do is have more than one option, like maybe the album art, or a long sleeve Neutral
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 am

For those who know that Joshua Perahia was jewish before he became a christian, it is certainly fun!!
I am also a fan of both bands, but what can I say? It was fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Gonna order a CD for sure, but come on! That is literally the most boring T-shirt I could imagine for Stryper!

but the least they could do is have more than one option, like maybe the album art, or a long sleeve Neutral

I think it's supposed to be a nod to the old-school style concert jerseys.  Simple logo on a baseball jersey.  There were a ton of those in the 80's
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:Gonna order a CD for sure, but come on! That is literally the most boring T-shirt I could imagine for Stryper!

I think it's supposed to be a nod to the old-school style concert jerseys.  Simple logo on a baseball jersey.  There were a ton of those in the 80's
Ok ok I can respect the throwback still, wish there were more designs Smile
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:12 pm

I would love a t-shirt with this new album design.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:09 pm

My review to the new Stryper album:

Stryper - “God Damn Evil” (2018)

For fans of: Judas Priest, Dokken, Sweet & Lynch, Accept

Score: 9.5

One of the greatest metal workaholics of recent times is called Michael Sweet. In 5 years he has released 8 albums between the Sweet and Lynch project, solo career, Stryper and, without showing signs of fatigue or fatigue, there is already one more item for the list, “God Damn Evil”. Whether it was for his title that caused much controversy between a more conservative portion of his religious fans, or for the (new) split with now-ex-bassist Tim Gaines and all the fret this has caused, this was a long-awaited album.

It's not much of a secret that Michael wants to get away from that sweet, fruity past of the '80s, treading heavier, more cadenced paths. A proof that this looks like a track with no back to the band already comes in the opening range. “Take It To The Cross” is reminiscent of “Children Of The Grave” in its structure until it reach the chorus that you can decide if it is something more about Rob Haldford or the Detonator of Massacration, you just can not deny that it was surprising. By the way, speaking in surprise, who would have thought Stryper would have guttural in some of his music? It happened at the end of the song already quoted and is a courtesy of Matt Blanchard (Act Of Defiance, Shadows Fall).

One of the specialties of the band is to make choruses that cause goosebumps in their listeners and already activate that thought of “I need to sing it”. “Sorry” is one of those examples, with its good radiophonic chorus. “Own Up” is also contagious and the use of cowbell married very well.

To those who, like me, were curious about how Perry Richardson (FireHouse) was going to play with Stryper, it is disappointing to know that the musician didn’t record the bass lines, this task ended up being in charge of John O'Boyle, who accompanies Michael Sweet in his solo career. But the but the musician was up to the task with excellent lines, including having the instrument well featured in the track “Lost”.

In a general context, it is easy to assimilate that the new Stryper proposal are cadenced compositions that still retain their peculiarities, not sounding like carbon copies of each other. “God Damn Evil” is more hard, while “The Valley” brings an influence of “Heaven and Hell”, especially by bass inspired by Geezer Buttler.

Who expected a sequel to “No More Hell To Pay” and “Fallen” (fueled mainly by the similarity of cover elements) will find independent and differentiated work. We still have a superb Oz Fox on the 6 strings, treating his guitar as a true gentleman, a correct Robert Sweet as the timer he is known as. About Michael Sweet, what to say? Singing as never before, knowing how to shape his main instrument of work so as not to be so harmed over the years.

Unlike most of the material featured in “God Damn Evil”, the track “The Devil Does not Lies Here” has nothing in common, on the contrary. It is not a “More Than a Man” or “The Reign”, but it's a beautiful song and worthily enclosing this album.

About production, I may be being fooled by my memory, but I can‘t remember a work from them with bass so prominently. Would this be a scoff to the former owner of the post (laughs)? Because of this, the guitars do not appear to be so focused, losing some of the brilliance, but they are still there, firm and strong.

“Marllon, what about the ballads? Have or not?” Yes, dear reader, and although not as striking as the others already made in the discography of the band, “Can not Live Without Your Love” marks territory in the field of melodic music but without being so mellow, giving that chance to a nice dance with your half.

Being very straightforward and honest with you, “God Damn Evil” can hardly be said to be a Stryper job, but at the same time you know it's something that has the signature and DNA of the beggars. More work of excellence walking into the future on the road paved by learning from the past.

Márllon Matos

- - -

Original link (write in portuguese):

http://metalnalata.com.br/site/stryper-god-damn-evil-2018/
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 am

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 am

I still am uncomfortable with the title and probably won't be showing a lot of people the album cover, but I do have this preordered through Amazon.  It was cheaper than going through the band.  Sorry.....
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to get this album or not.  I mean, what I've heard has been good, but I've just discovered I'm not really much of a fan anymore and I'd rather save my money for something I'm really looking forward to.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Got this today, sounds way better on cd... it’s starting to grow on me!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:58 pm

The production is absolutely amazing! It has some serious heft and the bend toward more "tough" than speedy riffing gives a lot of these songs some real weight. Songwriting seems pretty solid. I'm hoping more songs standout as I absorb it though. The pace gets kind of samey through the middle. As I absorb the songs I think it'll get better.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 pm

They're sure pushing this album hard, i've been seeing ads for it before youtube videos, even ones that have nothing to do with music.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:20 am

I've listened to some tracks on Youtube I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to buy an album with a couple solid tunes and the rest was filler NMHTP was like that for me then Fallen was pretty solid. The title track of the new album for all it's divisive nature just didn't do anything for me I was expecting it to be as bombastic as THWTD with all the over blown pr around it but it was just meh still though the rest of the songs sound great and melodic but meaty and cant wait for payday
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:50 pm

So far after 3 spins, I got to say honestly, that Take It To the Cross feels so out of place when compared to the rest of the album

Sorry and Lost are a great pair of album openers, I gotta say my favorite songs are the title track and You Don't Even Know Me.

The Valley is a great song as well, Sea of Thieves is sub-par when compared to the rest of the album, Beautiful is a solid song, Can't Live is the obligatory slow song, that I enjoyed more then the last 2 albums slower songs

And then the 2 closers are also standout tracks for me

MS does some incredible vocals, and the production is definitely a highlight (and as has been mentioned, funnily enough the bass is way more prominent than any other Stryper album)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 am

I kinda feel like this one is being overrated a bit. I found much of the album to be boring. People, including my son, are talking about "The Valley"...I think this song is meh. There are some good songs on here, sure, but to me it is definitely a step down from the last two albums, owing almost entirely to songwriting. The performances and production are solid. I just think the songwriting is suffering at this point. The songs are written and recorded too hastily without enough work and rework to hone them. Just my opinion. I like a few songs, but I'd give this only 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next