The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOL Stryper fans be crazy, well Christian music fans in general are crazy

+23
Pethead
Superjuice
Kerrick
Soldier777
eatbugs
Khowe
heck
Opeth3232
timekeeper
alldatndensum
strangerhoncho
Wigeon
Andreas89
WildWorld
deathisgain
petrafan007
Temple of Blood
Black Rider
metaldude
stevegarveyfan
Hardcore Christian
MikeInFla
New Creation
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LOL Stryper fans be crazy, well Christian music fans in general are crazy - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL Stryper fans be crazy, well Christian music fans in general are crazy

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:09 am

If they did a dual headlining act, I would think that Stryper and Skillet alone could sell out a good sized theater or arena.  I'd go!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

LOL Stryper fans be crazy, well Christian music fans in general are crazy - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL Stryper fans be crazy, well Christian music fans in general are crazy

Post by timekeeper Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 am

What made me laugh was Michael Sweet's list:
Stryper P.O.D. Switchfoot Skillet Music

Really??? 
I mean, Really???

What does Stryper has to do with the other bands?
I never met a Stryper fan who is also a Switchfoot fan.
Hi, nice to meet ya!
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 am

timekeeper wrote:

Really??? 
I mean, Really???

Hi, nice to meet ya!

Stryper and Switchfoot are both great, I agree! One does not have to ONLY like metal. That is another problem I have with metal fans, is that many ONLY like metal, and nothing else. Broadening the horizons is always a good thing.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:41 pm

Most metal fans I have met throughout my life like a lot more than metal.  I've met more country and pop fans that would not give any form of hard rock or metal the time of day.

Even if that is all a metal fan likes, there is nothing wrong with that.  At least they know what they like.

Also, our personal preferences may seem to divide us, but they can also be great connection points to lead someone closer to Christ.  If I want to reach a Slayer fan, then being a fan of heavy music will be a connection we can build a possible friendship out of.  I will reach that metalhead a lot faster by showing off my metal collection (Christian or secular) than I will by playing an old Sandi Patti or even a Toby Mac album.

Also, we need to be able to show some respect and not come down so hard on artists. I am the first to say I could improve there.  But, we also need to be honest and admit that some musical acts are bad and should not be recording at all.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:53 am

WildWorld wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

Really??? 
I mean, Really???

Havent heard enough Switchfoot to judge, but Skillet and POD are metal (or at least hard rock). Granted, they are all different subgenres, but they still qualify as the same type of music (A Stryper/Skillet tour would actually be pretty cool now that I think about it).

One thing I've always hated about seeing Stryper live and that's there opening band's. They just suck period! Why not call up Loudness again and let them open or Theocracy. I never was a big fan of Skillet not my cup of tea now a Stryper POD tour would be awesome as far as a big 4 my dream lineup would be Stryper, Jerusalem, Bloodgood and Barren Cross and with todays stuff I'm sure how to choose that one if I had to choose it would be Stryper, Theocracy, Saint and Worldview
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:55 am

Switchfoot?! Why not David Crowder Band instead?
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:19 am

New Creation wrote:
timekeeper wrote:

Really??? 
I mean, Really???

Hi, nice to meet ya!

Stryper and Switchfoot are both great, I agree! One does not have to ONLY like metal. That is another problem I have with metal fans, is that many ONLY like metal, and nothing else. Broadening the horizons is always a good thing.
Nothing wrong with you both being a fan of both Stryper and switchfoot. Still, you will probably agree that if you talk to every Stryper fan, no more than 5 or 10% would like to see a Switchfoot/Stryper concert. Mainly considering that Stryper currently has a huge non-christians fanbase, that would certainly prefer an opening band which style is more "close" to what Stryper does. I mean, true hard rock and heavy metal bands.

Regarding Broadening my horizons, I would say: "No, thanks. I am very pleased being a 100% Hard rock and classic metal listener"
I am not going to listen to any music style I don't want to.
No Woulda, shoulda coulda, ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:47 am

Opeth3232 wrote:
WildWorld wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

Really??? 
I mean, Really???

Havent heard enough Switchfoot to judge, but Skillet and POD are metal (or at least hard rock). Granted, they are all different subgenres, but they still qualify as the same type of music (A Stryper/Skillet tour would actually be pretty cool now that I think about it).

One thing I've always hated about seeing Stryper live and that's there opening band's. They just suck period! Why not call up Loudness again and let them open or Theocracy. I never was a big fan of Skillet not my cup of tea now a Stryper POD tour would be awesome as far as a big 4 my dream lineup would be Stryper, Jerusalem, Bloodgood and Barren Cross and with todays stuff I'm sure how to choose that one if I had to choose it would be Stryper, Theocracy, Saint and Worldview

You are right about the opening bands sucking.  They usually are nowhere in the style of Stryper.  When I used to see secular shows, the opening bands were at least metal if not the same style.  I saw Whitesnake open for the Crue.  I saw Malmsteen open for AC/DC.  I saw Megadeth and Testament open for Dio.  I saw Dangerous Toys open for Alice Cooper and Judas Priest.  We all loved it!  Why?  Because it was a METAL show.

There are a number of acts that Stryper could tour with and draw a big crowd I would think.  Even if they stay within the lesser known acts, I would be more likely to go see them with a classic rock opening band.  You already mentioned a few.  More classic rock bands that are active would be:

Narnia
Rob Rock
The Union Of Sinners and Saints
Chaotic Resemblance
The Crimson Bridge Ministry
Deliverance/Eraserhead

If you opened it up to some secular artists as well, then I don't see why they couldn't pull off a larger show.  Stack the night with enough artists that people have heard of, and you will get a crowd.

Shoot, make it a Christian rock fest if you want and do something like Winterjam.  $20 at the door of a large arena.  Get sponsors to cover the costs so that everything made is actually profit.  You'd have this tour sold out in no time.  Of course, if you added people like Skillet to the bill, it would draw even more.  You might have to use smaller arenas, but it would still be an arena full of folks over a large night club.

Shoot, maybe Stryper should approach Winterjam for 2019.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:46 am

You add Stryper to Winter Jam and you might get pushback from the youth group crowd.  Very Happy
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Black Rider wrote:You add Stryper to Winter Jam and you might get pushback from the youth group crowd.  Very Happy

I seriously doubt it.  They've had Skillet, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch............Ok, you might be right.  lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Guess I’ll answer the question with Sweet n Lynch followed by Lynch Mob followed by Sweet solo followed by Stryper....with guest appearance by George Lynch playing To Hell With the Devil encore. I wanna hear the lead melody with a triple guitar attack.....

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:38 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Opeth3232 wrote:
WildWorld wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

Really??? 
I mean, Really???

You are right about the opening bands sucking.  They usually are nowhere in the style of Stryper.  When I used to see secular shows, the opening bands were at least metal if not the same style.  I saw Whitesnake open for the Crue.  I saw Malmsteen open for AC/DC.  I saw Megadeth and Testament open for Dio.  I saw Dangerous Toys open for Alice Cooper and Judas Priest.  We all loved it!  Why?  Because it was a METAL show.

There are a number of acts that Stryper could tour with and draw a big crowd I would think.  Even if they stay within the lesser known acts, I would be more likely to go see them with a classic rock opening band.  You already mentioned a few.  More classic rock bands that are active would be:

Narnia
Rob Rock
The Union Of Sinners and Saints
Chaotic Resemblance
The Crimson Bridge Ministry
Deliverance/Eraserhead

If you opened it up to some secular artists as well, then I don't see why they couldn't pull off a larger show.  Stack the night with enough artists that people have heard of, and you will get a crowd.

Shoot, make it a Christian rock fest if you want and do something like Winterjam.  $20 at the door of a large arena.  Get sponsors to cover the costs so that everything made is actually profit.  You'd have this tour sold out in no time.  Of course, if you added people like Skillet to the bill, it would draw even more.  You might have to use smaller arenas, but it would still be an arena full of folks over a large night club.

Shoot, maybe Stryper should approach Winterjam for 2019.
You got to see Malmsteen?! Im soooo envious! How was he live my friend? I remember seeing Stryper back in 88 and 89 I remember in 88 Loudness was an opening band for them as well as I want to say White Lion but I specifically remember Loudness that WAS such an awesome experience Loudness was right up there with Stryper so for me the money was worth it. And in 89 it was Lillian Axe and that was an excellent experience. And a year and a half ago they had Guardians singer do an acoustic set as an opener that was definitely a good show and money worth spent also at the end as an encore Wynonna Judd came out and sang THWTD with the band she blew it out of the water she smoked bro! A good opening band is always a plus if it's a good band that everyone likes then it will obviously bring in more butts to the show. I also liked your choices very very good I would pay money for it. Anyway thanx for the responce take care my friend
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 am

heck wrote:Guess I’ll answer the question with Sweet n Lynch followed by Lynch Mob followed by Sweet solo followed by Stryper....with guest appearance by George Lynch playing To Hell With the Devil encore.  I wanna hear the lead melody with a triple guitar attack.....
The thought of seeing that would be just amazing!
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Khowe Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:27 pm

New Creation wrote:
One thing I've noticed about Christian music fans is that we live IN THE PAST. We act like our favorite artists from literally decades ago are still active and on tour. Even bands that have not been together for many years are treated like present day artists.

People need to be open to new stuff is all I'm saying. Don't get stuck in a rut!
First thread I've seen on this forum and I'll just say this is way too true

Khowe
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 am

Khowe wrote:
New Creation wrote:
One thing I've noticed about Christian music fans is that we live IN THE PAST. We act like our favorite artists from literally decades ago are still active and on tour. Even bands that have not been together for many years are treated like present day artists.

People need to be open to new stuff is all I'm saying. Don't get stuck in a rut!

Welcome to the forums! Hope you have fun here.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Khowe wrote:
New Creation wrote:

Yes, welcome!

Mostly true.  The "established" bands don't exist anymore.  I buy quite a bit of new music by new bands but most of it is indie bands in extreme genres and nobody even attempts to tour.

Stryper is one of the few who has mass appeal enough to tour and put out albums every 2-3 years.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Even though bands like Bloodgood, Barren Cross, Whitecross and Petra are not doing as much as they used to 10 or 20 year ago, it wouldn't take them long to dust off the cob webs and do some rehearsing and go on tour.

If you were to do a big 4, it depends on the style of music regardless if the bands has released something in the past 10 year or so.

You can have a legacy/legends big 4 such as Saint, Barren Cross, WhiteCross, Bloodgood and Stryper, X-Sinner, Sout/Tamplin, Daniel Band, Jerusalem, Rez, etc.

You can have the thrash/speed legends: Deliverance, Tourniquet, Crucified, Sacrament, etc.

You can have the modern metal: Skillet, Demon Hunter, Theocracy, etc.

You can have classic rock: Petra, Whiteheart, Mylon Lefevre, Newsboys, etc.

No matter what group of bands you choose, you will have differences of opinion. I think people will still pay the dollars to see classic acts just a as much to see current acts.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Khowe Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:48 pm

eatbugs wrote:

Mostly true.  The "established" bands don't exist anymore.  I buy quite a bit of new music by new bands but most of it is indie bands in extreme genres and nobody even attempts to tour.

Stryper is one of the few who has mass appeal enough to tour and put out albums every 2-3 years.

That's how it is. My band is Christian post-hardcore/alternative and that train seems to have derailed after the market dried up Sad

Khowe
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:29 am

Khowe wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

That's how it is. My band is Christian post-hardcore/alternative and that train seems to have derailed after the market dried up Sad

Tell us about your band!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Khowe Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 am

New Creation wrote:
Khowe wrote:That's how it is. My band is Christian post-hardcore/alternative and that train seems to have derailed after the market dried up Sad

Tell us about your band!
We're called Vitruvia, I guess you could describe our sound as a mix between Asking Alexandria, Skillet, Anberlin, and Breaking Benjamin, so my "mallcore n00b" tag is pretty accurate. We're doing what we can with what we have cuz we're all poor lol though our new drummer WAS trained by Matt Greiner from August Burns Red so that's something.

Here's our currently heaviest song. I'm currently finishing up a music video for it:

Here's a more sappy song that's more on a spiritual/reflective side:

As long as the train doesn't derail COMPLETELY we're gonna try to go in the studio this year for a full-length.

Khowe
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 am

Right on, Khowe!  We have a thread specifically for listing all of our members' bands/projects.
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t6284-cmr-members-bands

If you'd like, post in there with your band's website(s) and I'll update the list to include you!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:50 pm

Guest wrote:

The editor of the Babylon Bee is a Stryper fan and a huge Switchfoot fan.
LOL Stryper fans be crazy, well Christian music fans in general are crazy - Page 2 Screen10

He plugs the new Stryper album at the 1:13:00 minute point here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWH6Npu9-4
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:53 pm

I love both Stryper and Switchfoot.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:13 pm

Superjuice wrote:
Guest wrote:

The editor of the Babylon Bee is a Stryper fan and a huge Switchfoot fan.
LOL Stryper fans be crazy, well Christian music fans in general are crazy - Page 2 Screen10

He plugs the new Stryper album at the 1:13:00 minute point here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWH6Npu9-4

That's awesome!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:21 pm

Once again as the Gate Keeper of great taste, I am here to say Metalcore is the most bland style of happy-meal-metal selling at a McDonald's near you! The truth will set you free folks.

Now, on to more important issues... If we are talking the big four of Christian rock, Period, and not including my superior tastes, but in a general, overall arching sense, then it would have be Rez, Petra, Whiteheart and Stryper.

The end

Last edited by Dustofyears on Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next