The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Savatage Hall Of The Mountain King and a general Jon Oliva question

5 posters

Go down

Savatage Hall Of The Mountain King and a general Jon Oliva question Empty Savatage Hall Of The Mountain King and a general Jon Oliva question

Post by Opeth3232 Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:26 am

I was listening to this album today on my LP player and I have noticed a trend in Savatage from various album's some of their song's have a Christianish edge to them. Has anyone ever heard the song Devastation on HOTMK? Oliva brings up Christ a lot, these lyrics from the song say this. 

Start your fields afire
Watching them burn
Tomorrow will be
Another world's turn
To win is the end
To be a part of judgment day
We should have listened
To what Christ had to say
Total devastation
Prepare yourself for death
This world's insane
What do you say
We all have our chances of living in peace
Now I'm afraid you're in too deep
What can you do when you're a fool
It all goes this way
You should have listened
To what Christ had to say

And then when you hear song's off of Streets such as Believe and Heal My Soul these are not typical Savatage songs I was just wondering if anyone knows if Jon Oliva is a at the most a closet Christian? And if he's not I wonder what goes through his head when he sings these song's especially Heal My Soul? 
Thanks
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Savatage Hall Of The Mountain King and a general Jon Oliva question Empty Re: Savatage Hall Of The Mountain King and a general Jon Oliva question

Post by sentient 6 Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Classic metal album for sure. The lyrics seem a little " pseudo " Christian to me, though.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Savatage Hall Of The Mountain King and a general Jon Oliva question Empty Re: Savatage Hall Of The Mountain King and a general Jon Oliva question

Post by Black Rider Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:04 pm

In interviews he's denied being a Christian. Paul O'Neill was a Catholic and influenced a lot of their songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:40 am

Thanks for the info on Jon. It would be amazing to hear him sing for God for real it would give a different meaning to Savatages song Believe if he did. HOTMK has always been my fave by them then Dungeons Are Calling thats classic stuff.
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 pm

I'd be surprised if he's not a Christian.  The lyrics to "City Beneath the Surface" were written before Paul O'Neil.

HOTMK is an all-time metal classic.  Excellent songs and guitar solos.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm

here is cool cover

force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down