The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 Years Ago Today Aerosmith released "Rock In A Hard Place."

3 posters

Go down

35 Years Ago Today Aerosmith released "Rock In A Hard Place." Empty 35 Years Ago Today Aerosmith released "Rock In A Hard Place."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 17:15

Of all the 1970's - 1980's Aerosmith releases this one is my least favorite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_in_a_Hard_Place
Rock in a Hard Place is the seventh studio album by American hard rock band Aerosmith, released on August 1, 1982 by Columbia Records. It was certified gold on November 10, 1989. [4] It is the only Aerosmith album not to feature lead guitarist Joe Perry, following his departure from the band in 1979. Rhythm guitarist Brad Whitford also left during the recording in 1981. The band spent $1.5 million on the recording of this album.
Allmusic explains that the band modernized their sound by including vocoders and synthesizers to fit the musical climate popular then. [6]
Despite the album's negative reviews, drummer Joey Kramer asserts in his 2009 autobiography, Hit Hard: A Story of Hitting Rock Bottom at the Top: "The record doesn't suck. There's some real good stuff on it. But it's not a real Aerosmith record because it's just me, Steven, and Tom [Hamilton]—with a fill-in guitar player.... It's Jimmy Crespo doing the guitar work."[5] Classic Rock Review stated, "It is a strong, edgy, and (most importantly) unique effort that captures a lot of dynamics surrounding the band’s situation perfectly."

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

35 Years Ago Today Aerosmith released "Rock In A Hard Place." Empty Re: 35 Years Ago Today Aerosmith released "Rock In A Hard Place."

Post by Staybrite Wed 2 Aug 2017 - 15:42

This was the second Aerosmith album I ever owned.  I could only get into a few of the tracks.  For the most part it just didn't seem to hold up well compared to most of their earlier catalog.  Having said that the track "Lightning Strikes" has been a favorite of mine since I first heard it.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

35 Years Ago Today Aerosmith released "Rock In A Hard Place." Empty Re: 35 Years Ago Today Aerosmith released "Rock In A Hard Place."

Post by MikeInFla Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 8:42

Have never heard it, that's a pretty good song. I remember an album where the line up was different so I guess this is the one. Was there another? I think "Done With Mirrors" had the original line up.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:41

MikeInFla wrote:Have never heard it, that's a pretty good song. I remember an album where the line up was different so I guess this is the one. Was there another? I think "Done With Mirrors" had the original line up.

"Done with Mirrors" was the follow-up to "Rock In a Hard Place".  And yes RiaHP was the album recorded without Joe Perry and Brad Whitford.  Interestingly I don't think either of those albums charted very well for the band....but the album they released after Mirrors "Permanent Vacation" did very well.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down