The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25 Years Ago Today "Encino Man." was released.

+3
crucifyd
Staybrite
PlaceOfASkull
7 posters

Go down

25 Years Ago Today "Encino Man." was released. Empty 25 Years Ago Today "Encino Man." was released.

Post by PlaceOfASkull Mon May 22, 2017 1:38 pm

I won tickets from our local rock radio station to see this movie before it was released to the public.
I took my nephew with me. I thought it was decent. Today that humor gets annoying to me.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/encino_man/

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

25 Years Ago Today "Encino Man." was released. Empty Re: 25 Years Ago Today "Encino Man." was released.

Post by Staybrite Mon May 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Wow, time flies.
I remember liking the movie when I saw it new (nothing spectacular, but still rather funny).  It came on television a few months back and after about 20 minutes I just couldn't remember why I thought it was entertaining.  Must be that "getting old" thing. Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

25 Years Ago Today "Encino Man." was released. Empty Re: 25 Years Ago Today "Encino Man." was released.

Post by crucifyd Mon May 22, 2017 2:52 pm

maybe the 1 Corinthians 13:11 thing...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Mon May 22, 2017 7:01 pm

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon May 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Havent seen the movie, but that soundtrack is notable for having both Vince Neil and John Corabi (via his band The Scream) on the same album.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue May 23, 2017 7:27 am

I loved it back then, but it is just stupid now.  I don't enjoy on screen humor like this now.  Live, I still laugh as it is a part of my inner 5th grader.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:08 pm

My youth group went to see this when it came out.  A girl was raving about how wonderfully hilarious it was, and I learnt then never to take her advice when watching films, as I hated it, and have referred to it as "Insipid Man" ever since.
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down