The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question: Industrial - Thrashy Metal

+5
Black Rider
Markus1987
Nyx74
eatbugs
Gorship
9 posters

Go down

Question: Industrial - Thrashy Metal Empty Question: Industrial - Thrashy Metal

Post by Gorship Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 am

I asked this many... many moons ago. After all these years maybe something has changed.

I used to be a huge "strapping young lad" fan. I always enjoyed that fast-industrial over toned- thrashy - Extreme metal (what a list). Just wondering if anyone has found anything good in that area these days?

I know of Argyle Park / Klayton and his older work (maybe some newer? not sure)... Personally not a fan in a multitude of ways.

Edit: I will be honest Devin Townsend is a vocal beast so I know its a really hard comparison chart to make.
Gorship
Gorship
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Question: Industrial - Thrashy Metal Empty Re: Question: Industrial - Thrashy Metal

Post by eatbugs Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:19 am

Check out Death Therapy.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Question: Industrial - Thrashy Metal Empty Re: Question: Industrial - Thrashy Metal

Post by Nyx74 Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 am

You could also try Chatterbox (with Jeff Belew from The Crucified)

Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 am

For what I know, Machinae Supremacy has some industrial-vibes in their stuff. Not near to Devin though.  I guess there's not that much stuff that can be compared to his work.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 am

There was a one off band awhile back called Generation, had an album called Brutal Reality and it's the best of this ever done for the Christian market imo. Bruce Franklin of Trouble was in it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorship Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:34 am

eatbugs wrote:Check out Death Therapy.

Yea I picked it up just after it came out lol! Very good album. 

Nyx74 wrote:You could also try Chatterbox (with Jeff Belew from The Crucified)

Thank you sir gave a brief scan through... wish I could find some lyrics. Seems like an interesting mini-project that was done. 

Markus1987 wrote:For what I know, Machinae Supremacy has some industrial-vibes in their stuff. Not near to Devin though.  I guess there's not that much stuff that can be compared to his work.

Just looked em up. Pretty neat history with the releasing online for free and such. Lyrics seem a lil anti-what I am looking for. Neat find though. I think SYL and devin is his own genre all together - everytime I search this up its usually quite fruitless. All good though Smile 
Black Rider wrote:There was a one off band awhile back called Generation, had an album called Brutal Reality and it's the best of this ever done for the Christian market imo. Bruce Franklin of Trouble was in it

I'm so mad this is the only album...  Guitar guy
Gorship
Gorship
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Under Midnight had two albums back in the day too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 am

I'm flabbergasted no one has mentioned Mortal yet. First two albums: Lusis and Fathom. OHHHHH FATHOM! SO GOOD! They were my favorite band once upon a time. Covered a lot of different styles over their career, including their other project Fold Zandura.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:00 am

Yeah Mortal's Fathom is the best metallic industrial album around, IMO.  It's not as heavy or aggressive as SYL, though.

I recall reviewing a Christian indie CD once for a zine about 20 years ago and comparing them to Strapping Young Lad, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the band or album.  I might still have the CD in a folder somewhere.  If I can find it, I'll return to post the name.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx74 Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Nyx74 wrote:You could also try Chatterbox (with Jeff Belew from The Crucified)

Thank you sir gave a brief scan through... wish I could find some lyrics. Seems like an interesting mini-project that was done. 

Lyrics can be found here: https://www.flashlyrics.com/lyrics/chatterbox/torque-36
Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm

More black metal than thrash... but WarHorse is pretty dang awesome IMO.

https://www.reverbnation.com/warhorsemane

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:05 am

strangerhoncho wrote:

I recall reviewing a Christian indie CD once for a zine about 20 years ago and comparing them to Strapping Young Lad, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the band or album.  I might still have the CD in a folder somewhere.  If I can find it, I'll return to post the name.

Could it be Leader Dogs For the Blind?

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:18 pm

No, although I did review them and compare them to White Zombie (poorly), I think!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down